Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

When Nami said I won't say anything to weight one side I thought she meant Seju and Sungji, not Seju and Sumin

I got the impression that Nami meant Seju and Sumin, since Sungji was asking her to tell everything she knows about Seju and Sumin's relationship. But Nammi refused with reasons that Sungji and Sumin hasn't broken up officially yet.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

When Nami said I won't say anything to weight one side I thought she meant Seju and Sungji, not Seju and Sumin

I got the impression that Nami meant Seju and Sumin, since Sungji was asking her to tell everything she knows about Seju and Sumin's relationship. But Nammi refused with reasons that Sungji and Sumin hasn't broken up officially yet.

I got that it was referring to Sumin and Seju too.

btw, how could Sungji be still working there? Wouldn't anyone in her situation wanna quit her work? The way that the characters are dealing with their situations in recent chapters are beyond my knowledge!!! I find it difficult to believe that anyone would deal with that kind of problems that way.

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 2:29PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

btw, how could Sungji be still working there? Wouldn't anyone in her situation wanna quit her work? The way that the characters are dealing with their situations in recent chapters are beyond my knowledge!!! I find it difficult to believe that anyone would deal with that kind of problems that way.

I can understand why Sumin still works there. But not sure about Sungji. Maybe she doesn't want to show weakness, or even wants to still be near Sumin despite what happened. Or she will quit in the near future

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I can understand why Sumin still works there. But not sure about Sungji. Maybe she doesn't want to show weakness, or even wants to still be near Sumin despite what happened. Or she will quit in the near future

I think anyone would have decided to quit the work the instant they found them cheating. I believe it would never be that easy to work for your cheating lover and your cheating lover's mistress. xD

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Seju's not Sumin's mistress, she's Sumin's first love. I think Sungji is being confused; whether that's called cheating, or lovers making up.

joined Aug 29, 2015

once again Seju's adversaries overshadowed Sungji's supposedly heartbreak story. this is the reason why I find Sungji's character weak, in terms of backstory and character development.

I was kinda shocked that Seju's father knows that she is a lesbian lol and he even asked Sumin to stay with Seju and go live happily ever after with her in America. the mole guy is creepy af, he somehow have this obsession to Seju. he might not be Seju's real father but there's a possibility that he like Seju's mother or had an affair with her, whatever it was, it's causing him to be overprotective to Seju that he even beaten up Sumin for breaking up with his sister.

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

I feel bad for what Sungji has to endure but I don't think she knows just how much Seju loves Sumin. If she knew their history, I would bet she would break up with Sumin just because she knows that Seju needs her for basic survival also besides the fact that they have an undeniable love for one another. Sungji has proven herself to be humble and extremely caring. Honestly thought we were going to see some ugly colors from her. Love her character more now. Calling it next chapter, Sungji's going to break it off with Sumin soon enough to learn more about them and finally perhaps put herself on equal footing with Seju. That could explain why she looked so darn upset.

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 6:28PM

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Is it Sumin's car? (it looks similar to the car she driving to the hospital to see the chairman) well whoever it is, it may imply that in the next chapter the person will interact with Sungji?

Oh yes, it is Sumin's car. Didn't notice that she was driving a black car. But it could also be a different car that's similar to Sumin's. They might interact with Sungji, or not. Let's just hope whoever that is is not up to anything bad.

I also assume she was actually killed. And is that mole guy really her son or nah?

It's very possible that Seju's mother was murdered. The mole guy did mention that it looks like she was strangled to death. Judging from the mole guy's age, and that Seju's mother slept with him, I don't think the mole guy is her son.

Plot twist! Maybe mole guy did sleep with Seju's mom, so he's Seju's real dad. The chairman didn't know about this so he assumed that Seju was his child? (or they didn't sleep together but they had a moment where it makes him feel responsible to look after Seju...) so many possibilties

Wow I disappeared for, what, two months and this series turned into Fruits Basket?

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I guess they are going to make up next chapter.

Fork%20u
joined Oct 5, 2016

Aww man... at times I think I'm finally understanding all their baggage and then realise i took the meaning of a line the wrong way... I find the lack of internal monologuing waaaay sexy with how the relationships play out but am sooo clueless till the end -.-

seju's hot but i prefer sungji...

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I don't get why the one who is learning forgiving others is Sungji, while the one who's in lack of that is Sumin.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't get why the one who is learning forgiving others is Sungji, while the one who's in lack of that is Sumin.

Maybe to set an example for Sumin as well.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Maybe to set an example for Sumin as well.

I guess you're right. Perhaps, what Sumin is doing right now is also to set an example for Seju as well.

Fork%20u
joined Oct 5, 2016

yeah that really irks me... but sumin has been perpetually guilty always asking sungji if its alright to love her. i guess that side of her makes it more unpredictable for me hence more apprehensive haha

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Finally, someone appears. I wanted someone who loved Seju though. However, since Sumin is no longer in love with Seju imo, having a love rival in between Sumin and Seju would not help add up anything to the story anyway. Also, one thing that surprise me when reading this chapter, "Is she really Sungji we know?!!!"

carefullycraftedchaos
joined Nov 18, 2015

Player 4 enters the game! I noticed those were some bedroom eyes that Sungji was giving Dawoon. I'm also really excited to see more of Sungji's past, there's definitely more to her than she's letting on.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Btw, is the new character Nami's younger sister or something? -.-

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

OH MY GOSH!! hahah, I knew the story was gonna focus on Sungji :P But a new character... oh my gosh... I didn't expect that... Sungji did say she was confessed to by a girl before, remember? omg... I think this is just meant to kinda push Sumin forward thought and not having Sungji end up with this new character because frankly there is no way to develop her at this point and it would break the narrative as well. To be honest I'm curious about how they will pull this off without making Seju irrelevant... (which would break the narrative again).
Also yup ^-^ I totally guessed Sungji wasn't all that she appeared to be and I think she's gonna show her dark side at this point and have the tables turned. Sumin having affairs with her ex and Sungji playing around with her childhood friend. Though if Sungji cheated on Sumin with the childhood friend and then decided to go back to Sumin and they lived happily ever after that would be pretty cliche...
Ah yeah but honestly the way Sungji looked at Sumin gave me the idea that she's feeling at least slightly vengeful and I'm sure we'll get to know more about her through this childhood friend. And her parents, omg... I wanna know what happened to them...

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 12:30PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Yeah, they focus on Sungji, but couldn't you see that she doesn't look like a healer now? She seems to be capable of playing a psycho ex role better than Seju. :p

joined Dec 9, 2014

Seju cheats on Sumin, Sumin cheats on Sungi, Sungji cheats on Dawoon (or whatever her name is), Dawoon cheats on a 5th girl, 5th girl cheats on 6th, etc etc....

And this is when it all began.
Who would have known that Seju's cheating would not only mess up her fragile ex gf, but it would eventually lead to turning all Korea's queer women into crazy cheaters.

Yeah, they focus on Sungji, but couldn't you see that she doesn't look like a healer now? She seems to be capable of playing a psycho ex role better than Seju. :p

It's too early to clasify her as psycho. Gaji just does that to shock the readers and keep them interested of the possibilities.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Seju cheats on Sumin, Sumin cheats on Sungi, Sungji cheats on Dawoon (or whatever her name is), Dawoon cheats on a 5th girl, 5th girl cheats on 6th, etc etc....

And this is when it all began.
Who would have known that Seju's cheating would not only mess up her fragile ex gf, but it would eventually lead to turning all Korea's queer women into crazy cheaters.

[+1] this is so hilarious. xD

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

What goes around comes around am i rite? lol joking aside, I hope Sumin will girl the f up and fight for Sungji now that there seem to be a potential threat.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I feel headache when trying to get what the hell Team Gaji is planning on. Is Team Gaji ruining Sungji's image?

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Yes, exactly, Sungji is not that innocent girl anymore. If I remember correctly that was one of the reasons people saw her as one dimensional, because she was too pure or something and Seju seemed more deep, human and relatable. Well, I don't think Sungji will mess up as much as Seju did but I honestly think she will end up doing some things she might regret and then realize she is becoming like Seju and get it together. And I seriously hope Seju gets it together as well. I think if they had been under other circumstances her and Sungji could have been good friends.
And under those circumstances who wouldn't think of making Sumin jealous and fight for them? It's not the most benevolent and kind thing to do but it's understandable and maybe necessary... I never thought Sungji was that pure anyway, she was always suppressing too much for the sake of her relationship and deep inside she had a lot of insecurities and maybe even unconsciously played the card of the victim to gain Sumin's love... not saying that she was not you know, she made sure to intensify that... even everyone here felt really bad for Sungji when Sumin cheated on her. They felt like Sungji didn't deserve that at all because she was so kind... if Sungji had been a bit more demanding like some of Sumin's exes I doubt it would have caused the same reaction.
P.S-> if this really turns into cheating after cheating it would be pretty lame... because there's no reason to focus so much on certain aspects of the story if your point is to convey that sort of message. Also the new character should only be used as a plot device.
Oh yeah I also never really was sure that Sungji would be the healer. She's not a nun gosh XD I think the story will lead to some sort of healing in the end... and it might be Sungji's healing, not Sumin's. And now is the time where the true roles of the characters will be revealed.

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 2:28PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

So, will Sungji use Dawoon to get back on Sumin? I really hope not. That would be kind of lame, an endless cycle of revenge.

To reply you must either login or sign up.