Forum › Magan&Danai discussion

joined Jan 4, 2014

Well in msg she said "if possible, i will publish and english version, this way fans overseas, will also be able to read" - IF possible

tbh I kinda don't think it will ever happen...

Stupid restrictive contracts... :(

If there is no official English version, the grey area of scanlations usually provides a bit of a sales boost. Some of us do tend to buy the stuff they like; but if it is not possible to understand it, even via the somewhat roundabout way of a scanlation, it does become a tad more difficult. Really wish some publishers realised that. Oh well, I'll still keep my fingers crossed, and will probably purchase it anyway, if only because I have very much enjoyed the series so far.

Yuno
joined Jun 27, 2016

I laughed all the way through it.
Thumbs up! (:

last edited at Jul 7, 2016 1:56PM

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

:(

source: http://manhuajia.tumblr.com/post/143333860199/hello-guys-we-have-good-and-bad-news-for-all

I just hope it gets licensed in English so I can support them.

"I'm probably not bringing this overseas but you are still not allowed to translate it because reasons"
Ugh.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Thats sad, another series that vanishes from existance.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I also fantasize a lot during bed time ;)

Oh good, Im not the only one who fantasizes.

last edited at Jul 18, 2016 11:34PM

Images-3
joined Mar 18, 2016

My new Otp right here

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Hurray! Someone ignored the author's request to stop the translations!

joined Oct 11, 2010

"I'm going to spew blood, let me fly"

ok..

:)

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Oh. I'm glad someone decided to keep translating. The artist is allowed to decide what they want to do with their creative property, but that doesn't mean I'll like it. Especially when they decide to exercise that control even when they don't plan on marketing to the region.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

AHH!! ORIGIN STORY!!! :D

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

Nothing I love more than when something I thought we wouldn't be getting any more of comes back!

Url-2
joined Dec 22, 2015

i thought it was dropped? oh well im happy

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Oh. I'm glad someone decided to keep translating. The artist is allowed to decide what they want to do with their creative property, but that doesn't mean I'll like it. Especially when they decide to exercise that control even when they don't plan on marketing to the region.

I guess some people just want to keep within their own country or region? I just don't understand that. I'm an aspiring writer and I'd want many types of people to read my work.

Some artists just get hyper protective of their work.

Cjslpfhukaagkoe
joined Nov 11, 2015

Oh wow the start of their relationship is like something out of a romantic movie
i like it

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Aaahh, it's been a while, nice and cute like always
I want something romantic like that ;v;

Upside-down-legomd
joined Jun 13, 2015

If only someone was that nice to me :L

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

it's been awhile... though

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Did the artist's position on translations change?

I mean it's kind of hard for Dynasty to say we respect creators and scanners if we go against the former's wishes. That's kind of the opposite of respect.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

She was like "I won't let her scape!!"

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I can't blame them for wanting to make money off their work, but if they aren't going to even try publishing in english is pretty stupid. You're denying yourself more money by doing that!

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

As far as I know after announcement previous team made, author also didn't post any new strips with Magan&Danai on her weibo. There were like 3-4 untranslated strips so people are translating them.

joined Jan 8, 2014

:/ iwas wondering why it had been so long in between translations...I dont feel to good about that...it's one thing obeying the artist's wishes but if it was enough to make them stop that's definitely no good :/

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I don't think mahuajia's translation was the reason that ermuzibu stopped posting her works. She was posting M&D in very random intervarls and she stopped when she decided to make a book. Probably to keep something "unseen" content clearly for volume, not because of fan english translation. After all she has fans mostly in China - so argument "she stopped posting because of english translation" is not logical :P

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, I kinda like it, but it's not something I would buy a volume of anyway.

There's no real story, unlike Their Story (sic). It's just cute and fluffy yuri with no ambition beyond that.

Long story short, if it falls off the english speaking internet, I won't feel something is missing.

On the other hand, I do miss After Hours. It was more interesting.

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 2:08PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was cute, but is just me or her style changed quite a bit between chapter 15 and 16? 16 looks more, "cartoony" than previous chapters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.