Forum › Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu discussion

joined Apr 1, 2014

Most heartwarming thing I've ever read. Go Bochi!

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

THE SOTOKA X BOCCHI IS REAL KIDS

I'm gonna start Mayo x Bocchi just to be contrarian.

...Also so I can make this.

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 11:40AM

Aasami
joined Aug 9, 2016

I wish we could have waited to do a proper job of the release.

I wanted to wait for that.

Me too.

It's kind of annoying. I really like working on the series we are doing and it can be pretty hard waiting for the next volume to come out. Especially when mogu is all "Oh hey, xxx did xxx in this months chapter." on irc and I then have to wait to see it for myself!

We try to make our releases pretty high quality. So having to nuke that quality into the ground at the very start by using the worst possible raws irks me... As does the knowledge that I now have to set aside time at some point to do every page a second time.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

So cute. So fluffy.
I needs this from time to time.
The world is real enough.
But Bocchi and friends facing their problems. Taking prints, making cranes and shuriken, fainting and such. It just makes me feel good to see such gentle love and friendship. It feels.....

Thanks again for your hard work in translating this series.

last edited at Sep 19, 2016 12:27AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

(why are the raws considered shitty)

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

(why are the raws considered shitty)

You can sum up all the problems (ink issues, artifacts, looking too dark or sometimes not dark enough, etc) with "the pages are printed on low-quality paper". Even assuming the tankoubon raws did not LOOK better (they do, just compare latest chapters with chapters from volumes 1 and 2) it's often that the bound volume will have production error fixes, typo fixes, additional or removed content (not counting omake), and maybe dialog changes or chapter order changes (Mitsuboshi Colors, for example, has a tankoubon release that adds at least one new chapter/moves the original first chapter to the chapter 3 position).

The bound volume is almost always the superior format for a multitude of reasons, the only reason you might consider it inferior is if you are impatient and don't understand why someone would want to wait (if you want to do magazine scans and tank scans, that means you have to work on all the chapters twice, which is a pain).

last edited at Sep 19, 2016 7:24AM

joined May 23, 2015

The digital raws have really shitty resolution, making them really blurry on upscale.
I had to go dig up my actual copies of the magazine to even read some of the smaller text (such as the notebook cover).

Magazine chapters will also occasionally have mistakes that get fixed in the volume release. There actually is a typo in the Japanese of one of the next chapters. Outside of typos, art can also get touched up. Making the volume the definitive version.

Plus, you get the alternate endings to the chapters, and what's Bocchi without those?

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

I love it, sign me up

Also Tsundere Kurai was great, I think Bocchi may not be making a circle of friends as much as making a harem
I mean she's got twins now!

Someone needs to make a doujin of that now

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 6:30PM

joined Jul 22, 2016

Aaahhh. So many new kiddos being introduced (or, in a way, so many old kiddos finally getting introduced properly) Bocchi is making friends. So proud of that kid, lol

joined Sep 21, 2014

Thanks, Swifft, moguTL for your answers :D

I went to dig up the home ec chpater to spot the twin, and remembered this 'error', or was 'flower' intentional? @_@

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

identify your twin friends at first really a pain XD

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

God-damn, now I ship the twins!

Aasami
joined Aug 9, 2016

I went to dig up the home ec chpater to spot the twin, and remembered this 'error', or was 'flower' intentional? @_@

Just a typo. Already fixed it on our own reader. Dynasty has a lot of the older stuff with typos and is missing chapters that I updated to coloured version.

Should probably postcard list if updates for someone to fix!

joined Sep 21, 2014

Just a typo. Already fixed it on our own reader. Dynasty has a lot of the older stuff with typos and is missing chapters that I updated to coloured version.

Uhh it's probs not really easy (from the amount of changes perhaps) but if you know what was changed/updated, you could probs request it to be uploaded
I don't know any other way tbh

Edit: Or that
VVVVV

last edited at Sep 21, 2016 3:08AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Wasn't aware of any updates :c If you could provide a list of things that were changed I'll update them ASAP

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

God-damn, now I ship the twins!

IKR

joined May 23, 2015

Wasn't aware of any updates :c If you could provide a list of things that were changed I'll update them ASAP

There are changelogs in each of the volume batch release posts:
Volume 1
Volume 2

He seems to be wrong about you not updating volume 1's color rereleases, though...

Aasami
joined Aug 9, 2016

They weren't updated when I looked... a long time ago.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I got reminded of Shrimp Mayo

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I updated all the fixed pages, it's hopefully up to date now. BTW, the Chapter 12 in the Volume 1 torrent still has the error on page 4, I had to get the fixed version from the Doki Reader.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i think this is the 4-koma with the bigger personality grow of the MC

joined Feb 15, 2013

Totally ship the twincest....

With so much trivial fights, their make-up each time gonna be steamy

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

"Why do you fight ?!" "So we can make up afterward."

Osu
joined Jul 29, 2016

This is legitimately one of the funniest things I've ever experienced in any form of media.

joined Jul 26, 2016

lel @ Aru casually kicking the chair from under sensei-chan

To reply you must either login or sign up.