Forum › Silver Gymnasium discussion

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

That's what the title means by the white lily being stained red, hehe.

It's basically a coming of age story about Toto. Hence the things like focus on growth measurement, "who cares about boobs and boys", the "this is what you do when you grow up" context throughout, the "holy crap I'm in love" realization paired with that whole first menstruation thing. (Oh and the subtle mention of never being ashamed of her own rough lips at the beginning, and then Eris' comment about how soft they are now.)

It's the little things! lol

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Does this manga contain comedy?

joined Apr 11, 2014

Aw, that was nice TT__TT

She's congratulating Toto on starting her first period. It's not exactly subtle, lol...

OH LOL I didnt catch that xD Hadn't spotted the pads

Or the blood running down her leg either, apparently. XD

To be fair, I assumed it was because of the broken vase...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well, it seems the Japanese do thrive on not just coming out to say a thing, so I reckon I can understand people missing that. I think it was just blatantly obvious to me as I thought to myself "oh, another foreshadowing that THAT'S going to happen huh" when Toto mentioned her stomach hurting. lol (I've seen the same thing done the same way in more than a few manga, hehe)

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Aw, that was nice TT__TT

She's congratulating Toto on starting her first period. It's not exactly subtle, lol...

OH LOL I didnt catch that xD Hadn't spotted the pads

Or the blood running down her leg either, apparently. XD

To be fair, I assumed it was because of the broken vase...

me too, i thought she cut herself on that

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

Poor dear was emotional and beginning her start as a woman , those treasured days of beginnings and embarrassments . At least she was kept standing up for the beginning of hers . When my first started I was on the floor lol thought I got hit by a bat in the stomach .

Decent ending but needs more feels of love and appreciation . But then again she did just try and kill her friend and her friend thought of it as endearing . Very confusing .

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

Read the first chapter and I'm crying I can't

Images
joined Dec 7, 2014

I also didn't realise it was her period... I call it "Eve's Curse". I don't really understand why people congratulate a girl for having her period... it sucks!
Any way, wouldn't be nice if it got a 3rd chapter? I want to know how Fiona is doing so, so bad! And what if she sees Amy again, and get to know about the letters Amy sent her... Please, Hiruno Tsukiko-sensei, give us one more chapter?! - Pretty please?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well according to the chapter page included with the first chapter, it seems to list three chapters total, the final being " Dream of Spring". So hopefully we'll see a happy ending for Amy and Fiona too. (Especially since it kinda looked to me like Amy was crying outside the doorway that last image... but I could be wrong.)

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Silver Gymnasium is two-volume series.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

"you were thinking of me so much you grew histerical, right? it's called yandere! it's common, no problem"

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Oh damm I was not ready for this sucker Punch to the feels

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I was like "fuck this..I'm outta here when she hits her"

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I don't get why everyone is hating on Amy so hard, aside from maybe just the desire to have seen a happier ending and not getting one. (At least not yet..)

I mean yes obviously Fiona was heartbroken but so obviously was Amy. I mean, in this chapter we had it revealed to us that after that first letter she wrote countless more to Fiona, and it was Toto who intercepted and destroyed them. All this time she had assumed Fiona had chosen to completely forsake her. It was also revealed that she was heavily pressured by the headmistress to leave and live with her mother. She was only a young girl, having that kind of pressure from her HM plus the influence of her birth mother would have been so difficult to deflect and overcome.

Both girls have suffered, because of poor communication and the outside influences of those around them. I can't hate Amy, I can just be sad for her, too.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Its true, I got the impression that a teardrop rolled off of amys chin after overhearing...
And I so saw the mutual coming, when she was saying all that stuff facing the window it was like omg she loves her.....
And toto is a complete animal going all crazy for love, but shes so my hero, cuz she just bluntly spilled out what was in her head....if only more people could express how they feel with such ease....anyway, was glad for the happy ending

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

So hopefully we'll see a happy ending for Amy and Fiona too. (Especially since it kinda looked to me like Amy was crying outside the doorway that last image... but I could be wrong.)

Surely, years and years later after being lied to, being rejected and getting an "I love you" in letter form, she's probably still head over heels for her.

Deep down I hope Fiona has moved on already, but the set up has already been made she has no intention to start a family. The ending pages of CH1 give me a "time has frozen" feel for her too indicating she just waiting for the que to get back into the story.

I don't blame Amy though, it's your mother. It's just how things are.

last edited at Sep 8, 2016 8:56AM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

God, this series is amazing. Such power, such potential. The way each story starts in medias res and is written so well I can never tell when it's about to resume the present situation amazes me, especially when it doesn't happen like you think it will, i.e. with Toto and the vase, the blood being from her period (which was stealthily hidden at, but assumed to be from depression at first) instead of getting cut on the shard. Everything about this is so clever, I love it.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/silver_gymnasium_ch02#48
Also this waterfall of words is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/silver_gymnasium_ch02#49
Also Toto is basically just female Dio. The blond hair, the orphan, the outspokenness, the use of violence, the desire to stop time and live with their loved one forever. Guess that makes Eris Jonathan and Adel... Erina? Okay, that would be weird, but still.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Its true, I got the impression that a teardrop rolled off of amys chin after overhearing...
And I so saw the mutual coming, when she was saying all that stuff facing the window it was like omg she loves her.....
And toto is a complete animal going all crazy for love, but shes so my hero, cuz she just bluntly spilled out what was in her head....if only more people could express how they feel with such ease....anyway, was glad for the happy ending

^this. Yes.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I don't get why everyone is hating on Amy so hard, aside from maybe just the desire to have seen a happier ending and not getting one. (At least not yet..)

I mean yes obviously Fiona was heartbroken but so obviously was Amy. I mean, in this chapter we had it revealed to us that after that first letter she wrote countless more to Fiona, and it was Toto who intercepted and destroyed them. All this time she had assumed Fiona had chosen to completely forsake her. It was also revealed that she was heavily pressured by the headmistress to leave and live with her mother. She was only a young girl, having that kind of pressure from her HM plus the influence of her birth mother would have been so difficult to deflect and overcome.

putting all that aside , are u aware that no matter what the reason was, it wouldnt change the fact that Amy was abandoned Fiona and yet shes been sending all those letter ?!

what for? I bet its just for herself-satisfaction :P

I m so happy when Toto said that she burned all those cursed letters (^A^)/ ~(^-^~)

Both girls have suffered, because of poor communication and the outside influences of those around them. I can't hate Amy, I can just be sad for her, too.

everything was Amy's fault , why didnt she take any drastic measure to avoid that, just like Toto?
no wonder everyone hate her. and I wonder why u cant hate Amy. Lol

joined Jul 8, 2013

Thank God, I read the comments first...The entire first page is people just despairing about how sad it made them lol. I think I'ma just opt out if that's the case lol.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Surely, years and years later after being lied to, being rejected and getting an "I love you" in letter form, she's probably still head over heels for her.

A "happy ending" doesn't necessarily equate "omg they get together in the end SQUEE" to me. A happy ending to me would be just some resolution. At least to say proper goodbyes, or something. Anything to help heal a wound that is clearly not healing.

putting all that aside , are u aware that no matter what the reason was, it wouldnt change the fact that Amy was abandoned Fiona and yet shes been sending all those letter ?!

what for? I bet its just for herself-satisfaction :P

I m so happy when Toto said that she burned all those cursed letters (^A^)/ ~(^-^~)

How do you know that though? The not-talking thing before Amy left wasn't just one-sided, it was from both sides. It was crap communication from both of them. Fiona never wrote to Amy, not once. Yet Amy persisted for so long. Amy clearly had something she wanted to say, and wanted heard, and it ended up not falling upon deaf ears, but no ears at all. She at least tried to open communication. That's how I see it, and that's why I don't hate her. Not every character has to be black and white, not every situation can be only good or bad. There's tons of grey area in everyday living. I think this story reflects some of that reality.

everything was Amy's fault , why didnt she take any drastic measure to avoid that, just like Toto?
no wonder everyone hate her. and I wonder why u cant hate Amy. Lol

Also, you don't know what the letters said. At this point, only Amy knows. Clearly Toto had no idea, the wax seals were not broken before they were burned. They could have said any number of things. For that many, she had to have been desperately trying to make contact. It doesn't have to always be about self-satisfaction.

last edited at Sep 8, 2016 4:08PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

Also Toto is basically just female Dio. The blond hair, the orphan, the outspokenness, the use of violence, the desire to stop time and live with their loved one forever. Guess that makes Eris Jonathan and Adel... Erina? Okay, that would be weird, but still.

ZA WARUDO

Btw Dio and Jonathan became one together in the end ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Images
joined Dec 7, 2014

Thanks to the person who said this manga will have another chapter. I was kind of frustrated with how things were going to end, and the information you gave me made me happy.
I also don't hate Amy, for a serie of reasons.
Like, she wasn't the one suffering, and she wasn't just going away, it was her family. I get her feelings, and Fiona should have too. Fiona was hurt, of course, but couldn't her try to put herself in Amy's shoes? What if it were her mother? Even if she didn't understand, shouldn't love be about wanting the other person to be happy more than you want happiness to yourself... I don't know, maybe I'm just a stupid romantic, but that's what I think.
The truth is: they could have worked it out by talking, choosing to be "friends" still, stay in touch by writting letters or visiting each other. Maybe if Toto didn't had burnt the letters Amy sent Fiona, things would have been different... who knows.
I'm also not blaming Toto. She did what she thought was the best for someone she cared about after seeing how hurt Fiona was.
I also don't think that a happy ending has to be a "romantic" one. If they meet again and just talk to find some closure , it would be enough.

last edited at Sep 9, 2016 4:18AM

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I suggested the NSFW tag for the second chapter because of the naked boobs in the scene Toto fantasizes - http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/silver_gymnasium_ch02#45

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I suggested the NSFW tag for the second chapter because of the naked boobs in the scene Toto fantasizes - http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/silver_gymnasium_ch02#45

I can understand that, but I think with the extreme briefness of the scene and the content of the rest of the chapter, it's fine to not add the tag.

To reply you must either login or sign up.