Forum › Kase-san discussion

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Kyonne posted:

Someone red-pill me on that ticket bit, i'm too drunk and didn't understand anything there

I think it was a subversion of the reckless act of love trope. Kase-san's laughing because even with a grand romantic gesture, Yamada still made sure to follow the rules and get a ticket first.

Or it could be something else I dunno

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Not there yet. Chapter 12, Oh my.
I love Yamada's innocence, it's sexy.
Usually I find it annoying. It's overused in too many stories. But this time, it's a bit more contrasted. And a lot hotter.

last edited at Aug 12, 2016 10:57PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

That was lovely. Yamada's jealousy/insecurity still hasn't been brought up, but since they're going to Tokyo together, Yamada will probs get to meet the senpai
Lots of angst going on, stemming from everything Yamada has to figure out within a few chapters, understandably stressful for her.. Likely, she will figure it out soon enough, but there's still gonna be some tension until then.
Fortunately, her relationship with Kase-san brings her much support and happy feels, she'll need that.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

another chapter already? Sweet!

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Agree wholeheartedly with you Faust.
It was wonderful. I'm so glad I got the chance to read and experience the feels of the characters and the story. Hope it continues to make me feel.
Thank you so much to the translation team.

last edited at Aug 12, 2016 11:31PM

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

I wanna thank the translators for getting these chapters out so quickly. Was beginning to think this series was abandoned. It's just too goddamn cute! I hope Yamada-chan gets into college with Kase-san those two just go well together.

A55
joined Feb 20, 2016

Aaah... Jeez, the translators are spoiling me! >:T (Don't stop, please. I love you guys.)

Yamada's whole insecurity in her relationship hits really close to home, haha... I'm hoping it's handled well, because this entire series depicts a surprisingly realistic (especially for a doujin) relationship and I'd hate for it to be ruined by clumsy writing.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

I'm so glad there's new chapters out, it's nice seeing this couple

41tfud1d6wl
joined Jun 14, 2016

The end?

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

What a great and heartwarming chapter.

joined Jun 7, 2015

I'm so glad I decided to check in to see if there was an update today. These past few chapters have been filling a Yamada and Kase-san-shaped void in my heart I didn't realize existed.

Kyonne posted:

Someone red-pill me on that ticket bit, i'm too drunk and didn't understand anything there

I think it was a subversion of the reckless act of love trope. Kase-san's laughing because even with a grand romantic gesture, Yamada still made sure to follow the rules and get a ticket first.

My understanding of this is that Yamada was "sensible" enough to buy a ticket, but in the true air-headed fashion it's for the local lines.

There ain't no way a Shinkansen trip to Tokyo costs 120 yen. Hell, in some prefectures flights are cheaper than bullet train rides to Tokyo.

EDIT: Looked it up out of boredom; page 46 mentioned Himeji as well as the Nozomi train. It's about 17,000 yen for an adult's fare from the stop before Himeji to Tokyo (couldn't see the prices for students).

last edited at Aug 13, 2016 2:41AM

joined Nov 14, 2013

RE: Inoue-Sempai - While it's possible they got together for a while afterward, it didn't really seem like she and Kase had a romantic relationship back in chapter 6. And there wasn't too much time between that chapter (which was a prequel) and chapter 1.

joined Jun 7, 2015

RE: Inoue-Sempai - While it's possible they got together for a while afterward, it didn't really seem like she and Kase had a romantic relationship back in chapter 6. And there wasn't too much time between that chapter (which was a prequel) and chapter 1.

Gaahhh, I was JUST about to post where I remembered seeing that senpai before!

My guess is that people saw the two going home together after daily running practice and drew their own (wrong) conclusions.

Although, the second-to-last panel here is making me think there might be some feelings on one side... but Kase seems oblivious.

joined Dec 8, 2013

squishxd posted:

I'm so glad I decided to check in to see if there was an update today. These past few chapters have been filling a Yamada and Kase-san-shaped void in my heart I didn't realize existed.

Kyonne posted:

My understanding of this is that Yamada was "sensible" enough to buy a ticket, but in the true air-headed fashion it's for the local lines.

There ain't no way a Shinkansen trip to Tokyo costs 120 yen. Hell, in some prefectures flights are cheaper than bullet train rides to Tokyo.

EDIT: Looked it up out of boredom; page 46 mentioned Himeji as well as the Nozomi train. It's about 17,000 yen for an adult's fare from the stop before Himeji to Tokyo (couldn't see the prices for students).

Haha, that makes it even funnier/more precious! Thanks for the clarification. :)

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yamada is fluffy love incarnate~
also i swear Kase is like the poster child for innocently insensitive, like she says things that anyone with a modicum of common sense would realize it would worry her girlfriend despite being ridiculously in love with her.

To be fair, Kase has no idea that yamada worries about Inoue, she was never around or whithin earshot when Mikawa told Yamada about ex-girlfriends and dating Inoue.

And yeah, the more it goes, the more I really think that they never dated at all, just that they saw her getting suddenly close and training with Inoue after what happened in the beginning of their second year and decided "they must be dating !"

Glad Yamada got gutsy and decided to go along with Kase to Tokyo, now I hope she'll take the opportunity to clear things up. Either Inoue was never a girlfriend and if she was, Kase's obviously in love with Yamada, so unless Inoue is the kind of girl who'd try to seduce her ex again even knowing she's already in a new relationship (which she doesn't seems to be from what we saw about her), doubt there's any real "danger" there.

As for her parents reaction, I'm kinda hoping they'll be "Finally, she shows some guts !" ^^

Psmix_2016-03-11-23-34-17
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, ladies, Christmas comes thrice this year.. Hallel/u/jah.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think there was 17 chapters out there. But since it's web/self-published, it updates once in a blue moon. It's unfinished afaik, but it's continued on the good will of the author.

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

Kudos to the author for continuing it!!!!! I NEED MORE OF KASE-SAN <3

last edited at Aug 13, 2016 6:22AM

Clipboard00
joined Oct 30, 2015

Good move, Yamada!

And I don't think that senpai can be more than a friend to Kase. Even if she's her ex (and I don't think she is), Yamada should be more confident. Kase is totally crazy for Yamada.

joined May 21, 2015

I think there was 17 chapters out there. But since it's web/self-published, it updates once in a blue moon. It's unfinished afaik, but it's continued on the good will of the author.

The site i reposted a while back got them up to chapter 18.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Not counting extras and .5s, the current chapter count is at 19.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

rip flip phones.

Psx_20160306_172109
joined Mar 21, 2013

So pure. So cute. I actually got really sad at the thought of them not being together. What a great series.

joined Dec 8, 2013

Nezchan posted:

rip flip phones.

That sounds like it'd be hard to do...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan posted:

rip flip phones.

That sounds like it'd be hard to do...

Just hit one with a Nokia, that'll do the job.

To reply you must either login or sign up.