Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

In most of these couples it's like there's a sane one and a crazy one. But Moe and Cousin are both sane and Ayaka and Yurine are both crazy. So ship Moe and Yurine and Ayaka can be with her jealous controling cousin and people will finally read the school newspaper. Who's with me?

^lmao

joined Aug 6, 2015

I'm glad the childhood promise between these two characters didn't turn out to be something dumb like "let's get married when we grow up." I really hate how childhood friends are default love interests in a lot of series. The trope is dumb and should die, especially when it's a crutch authors lean on to circumvent character development and decent writing.

These two characters at least revolve around something interesting like a goal to achieve. I generally hate most side pairings in this series, but these two won me over. I'd like to see the model-to-be fail an audition, get comforted by senpai-girl, then get back out there and succeed. ...but that would actually require a character arc that would take time away from Ayaka and Yurine, so.... crap.

joined Oct 12, 2013

I’ve come to the conclusion that Ayaka and Yurine’s relationship is going to be stretched out over the entirety of their time in high school in a ‘will-they/won’t- they, we know they will just get fuck on with it’ style. Luckily I generally love the side characters.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It was great, loved the kiss. I like how Sawa returned the kiss, low key like the way she received it, with spontaneity and the element of surprise on her side. Itsuki's blushy face is just too cute :3

blinkkittylove
Hug
joined Jun 7, 2016

Itsuki wanting their exact childhood dream is a bit unreasonable but I liked this chapter and how Sawa just decided to boldly charm her way forward. And being this far in, I tend to view distractions from the main story as the charming scenery we chose to drive through ; )

last edited at Aug 6, 2016 1:49PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

The way this series ellicits completely opposite opinions will never cease to amuse me. X) Keeping tracks of the charaters is really not that hard though. You just have to… look at the volume covers.

In most of these couples it's like there's a sane one and a crazy one. But Moe and Cousin are both sane and Ayaka and Yurine are both crazy. So ship Moe and Yurine and Ayaka can be with her jealous controling cousin and people will finally read the school newspaper. Who's with me?

A series about a school newspaper written by yuri-shippers? I'd read that. XD

I'm curious at how chap 25 will be handled… There's one more chap to conclude volume 5, but Sawa and Itsuki's arc seems pretty much over already. So I guess chap 25 will be half them, half AyaYuri.

last edited at Aug 6, 2016 7:56AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I know chapter 21's two halves are combined, but it still doesn't change that it was 40+ pages. I'm Canno still has space to add another chapter to the volume, but I'm not complaining, I wanna see more tbh

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

There's a "main series"? hahahaha...

Whatever. It's cute. I really liked this chapter in particular.

The last chapter...with the "main" not-couple.--I'll just forget about that chapter. -- __ --

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Then again, Virgins Empire is similar in structure and this is far better written and drawn,

Ok writing wise I might maybe agree with you on some things but Virgins empire is super well drawn, you are confusing Quality for art style, VE has a very unique artstyle that some might like and others not so much but the level of quality and consistency in it is amazing.
Really I think you just prefer the art style of this over VE.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Then again, Virgins Empire is similar in structure and this is far better written and drawn,

Ok writing wise I might maybe agree with you on some things but Virgins empire is super well drawn, you are confusing Quality for art style, VE has a very unique artstyle that some might like and others not so much but the level of quality and consistency in it is amazing.
Really I think you just prefer the art style of this over VE.

I am sure that's possible. It just doesn't seem as graceful, but I will admit it's more realistic. It reminds me too much of things like Mad or Cracked or the comic style in the 1950s? I think. I will agree with you that I just don't prefer that art style.

And even with VE, I put up with a cast of thousands and faithfully follow it forward. Ditto Takemiya Jin, but that's obvious. By the way I saw some reviews of Virgins' Empire that it was smutty and throwaway and I think it eventually got more respect. It'd make a great anime, because UNLIKE Girl Friends, Sasameki Koto, or Aoi Hana, it's not a case of 3-4 seasons or bust. Those deserve the same treatment Maria-sama ga Miteru got. One season each of Sasameki Koto and Aoi Hana was almost a joke, really. VE has character arcs but it's not crucial that story lines get resolved. I wonder about AnoKiss, because I think night-time Japanese audicences would be all "Nani??" about all the characters and arcs, just like we are, but without the patience.

On Edit: I absolutely LOVE Canno's art.

last edited at Aug 6, 2016 5:53PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

An AnoKiss anime would probably make more sense in OVA form, each one focusing on a couple's arc…

Because I just can't see how a seasonal anime would work, unless they completely change the story or the order of events.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

the interaction between character is what i like about this manga, it feels school like atmosphere

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Meanwhile, Canno draws… stuff? on her twitter with anthropomorphised constellations… She may have more free time than I thought. >.>

joined Feb 18, 2015

That was a good side story, with a nice bit of main story right smack in the middle of it... I love the older journalist and her young model protege!They are just too cute!

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Side couples because they get more done in a chapter than the main characters get done in the whole series XD Hahahaha!
I love me some side stories!! I would like more of these two! Itsuki and Saa-chan!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…So, this Sunday, Hyper Kettle Yesterday is releasing new doujins. Canno's one will be about anthropomorphised constellations, and Kawauchi's will be a "silent story" apparently. No idea how to get them, if that's even possible.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Canno's one will be about anthropomorphised constellations

Wow, it's an actual work, not just her chilling and shipping groups of stars

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Dunno, I assume it will be a series of slice-of-life shorts, similar to "Welcome to the Occult Research Society". The booklet looks pretty slim at least.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqWPEFIVMAEoMUV.jpg

Left: Canno's doujin.
Middle: Kawauchi's doujin.
Right: shorts by all three members − a compilation of old stories it seems.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 11:55AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Okay, I have a little question for the readers...

police

police

Do you prefer the former font (the usual one) or the latter (the same, but capitalized)?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

La première fonte me parait mieux définie. C'est mieux en minuscules. Plus naturel à lire. Les majuscules accentuées (bien que cela ne concerne probablement que la VF), c'est moche.

Mais la fonte du contenu des carrés narratifs est trop étroite je trouve. C'est à peine si on voit les I.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 12:49PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yeah, I agree with Nya-chan, don't all caps it.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I believe the all caps convention started with needing to standardize the space all the letters would take up and have easier planning since ascending and descending letters caused problems back when everything was hand lettered.

But lower case is more readable because of the ascending and descending letters because it gives each word a more distinctive shape.

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 11:10AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yeah... It really depends on the series, I'd say. In more actioney series I find that lower-case fonts look a bit awkward. =[ But AnoKiss isn't, so it works.

…By the way Faust, chap 25 is waiting for proofreading, in case you hadn't noticed. :þ

joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh oups, my bad. I'll check it out tonight

To reply you must either login or sign up.