Forum › Always Human

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

For any and all interested, there is a really nice webcomic called Always Human "... about nanobots, genetic engineering, and two girls falling in love. No matter how technology changes us, we'll always be human."

It has a super diverse cast (Spanish-speaking lead, multiple non-binary trans characters, multiple sexualities, etc.) and the art is beautiful! Its really sweet and has fairly realistic writing/dialogue. Go check it out!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, folks here have been talking about that series for a while now. It's really good, although since I forgot to re-add it to my RSS feed I'm a bit behind on the story.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Ok good! I couldn't find an existing thread when I initially searched. Idk, I just have really enjoyed what's out so far and figured others would too.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Cuteness in last strip escalated quickly into over 9000 ♥

last edited at Jun 11, 2016 7:13PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

So I'll repost this here...

Would it be inappropriate to add a page for Always Human on this website? Without the content, obviously--just a link to the official site and maybe a description. I think it would appeal to a lot of readers on Dynasty, but it might not be the kind of precedent you'd want to set.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

So I'll repost this here...

Would it be inappropriate to add a page for Always Human on this website? Without the content, obviously--just a link to the official site and maybe a description. I think it would appeal to a lot of readers on Dynasty, but it might not be the kind of precedent you'd want to set.

I think the ideal solution would be an entirely new section that just lists various English-language yuri- and lesbian-focused webcomics as simple HTML links. Dynasty would be able to introduce users to that content, but wouldn't have to mix it in with the non-English works the site was originally designed to cover.

...Though that would probably involve a good deal of coding. A dedicated forum thread would probably be a more feasible, cheap-and-easy solution.

last edited at Jul 25, 2016 1:54AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So more like a permanent page than the webcomics section of Yuri In Other Media or the Yuri Webcomics/Series thread?

joined Apr 28, 2016

Exactly.

joined Apr 28, 2016

I think the ideal solution would be an entirely new section that just lists various English-language yuri- and lesbian-focused webcomics as simple HTML links.

Wouldn't english Yuri just fall under the indie category ?

I think that tag is for artists and works that are based outside of the US, primarily publish in another language, and just so happen to provide their own English translations on the side. As far as I can tell, Dynasty doesn't host comics and webcomics published and based in English-speaking countries.

I think that's for the best as many of those comics are published and readily available to English-speakers already, and the webcomics often have advertising revenue that we'd be siphoning off of them if we hosted here. That's why I suggested linking to the sites of those comics directly.

last edited at Aug 11, 2016 7:21PM

joined Apr 28, 2016

Uhh... I can't tell how serious you're being.

But my entire proposal was designed so Dynasty can help users find English-language yuri works and help the creators of those works get more exposure without being screwed over.

last edited at Aug 12, 2016 3:06AM

joined Apr 28, 2016

At that point Dynasty would take on the role of a publisher.

That'd be a decision to be made by the people running Dynasty. From what I can gather as an outsider (which isn't much), they don't have the staff or resources to pursue operations of that scale. Simply having a section that points users to English-lanaguage yuri works is more feasible as it requires much less overhead in terms site development and communication with the artists (Hello _____, would you be interested in having your site linked from dynasty-scans.com, Y/N?).

last edited at Aug 11, 2016 9:39PM

joined Apr 28, 2016

Yes, because the creators of those English-language works often rely on ad revenue, and hosting their work here would effectively be stealing some of their income.

There's a very low chance of a non-Japanese/Korean/Chinese/et al speaker visiting the Japanese/Korean/Chinese/et al website where the work is hosted/sold in a language they don't understand. So in those cases the artist stands to gain more than they lose when their work is uploaded here.

Plus, it seems like Dynasty more often than not is willing to remove a particular work if the author doesn't want it to be here. Though I'm somewhat fuzzy on how that works; what I've heard is that the staff here defer to scanlators as to what to do when a work here is licensed or otherwise requested to be removed. I'm not personally a fan of that policy, but if that is in fact how Dynasty operates I can respect it.

last edited at Aug 11, 2016 10:01PM

joined Apr 28, 2016

If the artist explicitly consents to it and I were in charge, then I'd say sure. But I'm not Dynasty, so I dunno what would actually happen. They could say no on the grounds that it's outside of the purpose and scope of the site. I'd personally think that's a shame, but I wouldn't argue against it because that's their prerogative as owners and operators of the site.

I've seen a few users here submit work to the site in the form of forum threads, but as far as I know there aren't any formal uploads on here of originally English-language work.

last edited at Aug 11, 2016 10:10PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What If The american insists that you upload there work onto dynasty ?

It's still at the discretion of the staff here whether or not to allow the upload, what someone insists isn't relevant. We are primarily a manga/manhwa/manhua reader and not Wordpress or DeviantArt.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

We are primarily a manga/manhwa/manhua reader and not Wordpress or DeviantArt.

Why not both ?

Not sure if trolling...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, yeah. JAQing off is a waste of everyone's time. Please cut it out.

joined Apr 28, 2016

Huh, didn't expect to run into an RWer on here.

last edited at Aug 11, 2016 11:33PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Huh, didn't expect to run into an RWer on here.

Hell, I'm one of the original RWers. Although I don't have much to do with the wiki itself these days.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Ahem, Always Human is back, by the by. If I understood it correctly, this is the last part as well.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

SF posted:

But why not just publish English yuri works that haven't been published yet, And Then Promote them On Dynasty reader.
Like, What If a american Who has a yuri series that hasn't been published yet Emails you guys and says he/she wants you to publish his/hers yuri series as well as his/hers artwork and dj's ? Are you just going to tell them no or Yes ?

You clearly don't get how this site (and apparently manga scanlations) works in general. If they are officially published, they get nothing from being posted on dynasty. At best I guess they could get more readers, but as was mention before usually they either earn their money thanks to people who actually read the series in question on their site or they plainly published it, so unless people who read it for free online would then buy actual book, they again are only at lost (hint: there is way more people who don't feel like they need to buy stuff once they have access to it online). So the best and only solution is to either link to original site or make a topic/info about series to promote it.

Uploading manga on dynasty (and other sides) works in kinda gray zone area, because for the long time and still for a lot of series, unless you buy it in jps and read in jps you can't read it at all. So because you can't legally access it anyway, the jps creator doesn't lose anything. Hell in their case they actually can profit from it because if the manga becomes popular because of unofficial scanlations, there is higher chance it will be eventually published officially. (There is still a issue when because it was published in english speaking country and hence forced to remove from online sites, when there is a lot people who don't live in such countries but are relying on english scanlations, but that is a whole other topic)

What people mentioned is that unlike chinese, japanese, koren etc. comics when it is published in english and can be easily (if you are at least living in english speaking countries that published them) accessed legally, there is no reason to actually upload them on dynasty for free.

Anyway, I hope it explained the issue to you so you can stop spamming this thread with confused posts.

joined Apr 28, 2016

There's a very low chance of a non-Japanese/Korean/Chinese/et al speaker visiting the Japanese/Korean/Chinese/et al website where the work is hosted/sold in a language they don't understand. So in those cases the artist stands to gain more than they lose when their work is uploaded here.

So you're saying that "japanese/korean/Chinese/et" people don't know of dynasty reader ? isya knows of dynasty reader, What exactly is stopping her from telling other yuri mangaka's about dynasty reader ? ( if she hasn't done so already )

No, I'm saying people that don't understand Japanese/Chinese/Korean generally don't go to Japanese/Chinese/Korean websites to read comics in languages they don't understand.

As for Isya being aware of Dynasty, that's one of a hundred artists whose work is featured on here. You're still looking at an extremely low rate of inter-linguistic interaction (IIRC the only reason she's aware of it is because she has Yuri-ism acting as a liaison to English-speaking countries).

As for what would happen if more of those artists came into more direct contact with Dynasty, Dynasty would probably have to update its policies to accommodate them.

last edited at Aug 12, 2016 2:22PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm just bored. REALLY bored :(

Be bored somewhere else then. Take a day off, and quit trolling the forums when you come back.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Damn. My diabetes is back.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I read the first 8 Chapters, This series is REALLY good 0_0. The art is like a breath of fresh air. And it gives off a pleasant atmosphere. Definitely recommended to all Yuri fans.

To reply you must either login or sign up.