Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Dandelion-akane-30b
joined Jun 12, 2015

Those are pretty much Yuu's interpretation of Touko's feeling, but she might be totally wrong, y'know. :p

For as long as I can remember I thought while reading this manga that the reason Touko loves Yuu was because Yuu was incapable of loving her back so she was one of those people who are attracted to unrequited love and well y'know but after rereading it at once to get a better memory of it all this is what I think, I think a lot of people are going to misunderstand because of the start of the latest chapter (13).

As Chantelune said, it's Yuu's interpretation of what Touko meant. Now, everyone is going to interpret it differently what this all means but if you go back to chapter 10, it's titled "Imprisoned by a word", Touko literally goes on about how she thinks the word "love" is a like a shackle and how she thought Yuu, who had never loved before, was the nicest person she'd met. So, my interpretation is that what Touko actually meant when she said "Don't fall in love with me" and continously asks her not to change is that she doesn't want Yuu to be shackled down, she doesn't want love to change Yuu the way it's changed her. Touko is selfish but at the same time she thinks Yuu staying the way she is and not falling for her would be a good thing for her, it's kinda like she's trying to protect her so... Make of that what you will.

Also, throwback to Sayaka saying: "No matter how close Touko gets to Koito-san, it won't turn into an actual relationship." followed by "This is Touko after all."
Hard to get what she meant since this is Sayaka and while she does understand Touko at the same time she doesn't so hmm.

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

If I was salty about it it was because how it was addressed to me. As though I should have known better than to quote something I read in the manga. Thank you for pointing this out, all the same.

They sound perfectly fine. They were just trying to help, to indicate that like 'oh shit man you and perhaps others don't know but some crucial lines were discussed and corrected a while back'.
Not knowing about those errors isn't your bad, the posts are easy to miss, not everyone follows the discussions when a chapter hasn't been released, but you don't have to take it so personally and project salt and sass at ppl like that.
Chapter 1-5,5 is by a MIA scanlator. 2-3 of the following chapters was by Yuri Project (altho 4s was already doing them since iHoshiku left) and after YP declared dropping the series, the folloowing chapters by 4s were uploaded (I don't say 'pick up' because 4s seems to have picked it up after iHoshiku disappeared, so they pretty much seem to have been continuously scanlating the series, regardless of YP's involvement).
Basically, it's kinda complicated and I find your salt to be unfairly directed at the scanlators, or the user who corrected you.

Oh my god thank you faust!!
And also i'm sorry if my previous comment sound rude to you, cameron. I didn't have any intention to be rude.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Pls read the discussion before this. There are some major mistranslations in chapter 3 (if i remember correctly). Touko never say "i'll make you fall in love with me" instead she said "let me love you" she never ask for her feeling to be mutual

You'd think that the editors and translators would work together to fix them if this were something so major instead of leaving it in there to confuse readers who don't have the time to read through 1100 comments.

4s said they are going to retranslate the earliest chapters, they just haven't yet.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Those are pretty much Yuu's interpretation of Touko's feeling, but she might be totally wrong, y'know. :p

I think this is what'll end up resolving the issue. The reason I love this manga so much is that Nakatani adapts the "unreliable narrator" into visual format so well. We see Touko as being terrifying because Yuu finds her terrifying in that moment, but we don't know any more than that.

For example, is she nervous about having to clarify why she's happy? Embarrassed about having said it, and therefore conscious of Touko's scrutiny? Worried about how Touko might interpret it? Does she think she's going to disappoint Touko's expectations and be abandoned? Is Touko even psycho at all, or is Yuu just perceiving her that way?

Same for how we don't see Yuu's actions framed as indicative of romantic interest (stuttering, being blinded by Touko's fabulousness, being okay with Touko kissing her). She doesn't know what all of that is, and, since the narrative is from her perspective, it's not framed that way.

Maybe I'm giving Nakatani too much credit. :p

uzumakixhinata
joined Nov 7, 2013

Wow. That look on touko's face.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

And also i'm sorry if my previous comment sound rude to you, cameron. I didn't have any intention to be rude.

It's okay. I understand now. I apologize for, um, my 'saltiness' (although I do like salty things so I find this insult weird). Trying to understand people's emotions/reactions in text is not an easy thing sometimes.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It's okay. I understand now. I apologize for, um, my 'saltiness' (although I do like salty things so I find this insult weird). Trying to understand people's emotions/reactions in text is not an easy thing sometimes.

Being salty isn't a bad thing :>
When something makes you understandably upset, you can be like 'wtf fuck this shit im so salty about it'
But it can also mean like, being upset from like, euh, looking bad for instance.
It's possibly semi mocking I suppose, used for somewhat petty situation. You don't really use it like, when someone is sad over something more serious.
You'd describe someone that's upset over losing at Mario Kart as 'salty' more than someone who angry after finding out a close friend betrayed them.

11037-1-img_1_62823
joined Feb 2, 2016

So, what now?, Touko just want something that never changes (for friendship and love), and that's no fair for Yuu and Nanami, like everybody, I don't want to see Yuu suffer just because Touko maybe is gonna tell her something like "This is not what I wanted, let's be friends instead". I don't know, till the begining of the manga it looks like Yuu is who need to grow, to find somebody who could sweep her of her feet, but if Touko doesn't change she is gonna hurt them both...

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

When a series that's only 13 chapters long gets a forum discussion with over 1000 comments, you know it's a good series.

398381_10150554123567654_939975514_n
joined Feb 4, 2013

When a series that's only 13 chapters long gets a forum discussion with over 1000 comments, you know it's a good series.

Indeed indeed

Export202302260649425010
joined Jul 6, 2016

I especially like Nakatani Nip sensei's art! Waiting monthly is painful so I hope the development will be awesome.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Yuu's falling in LUV fimally but now she's afraid to tell her feelings because senpai dpesm't want Yuu to fall in love with her because that'd mean breaking the status-quo and starting a relationship with the risk of brzaking up and ending it cause if Yuu doesn't fall in love then senpai can just enjoy experiecing being in love without geting hurt and DRAMA DRAMA DRMA AJAHAHHSHZBAHXISISNANA

Cihwhxhu4aaoyxx
joined Apr 28, 2016

Whoa thought touka was gonna go yandere for a second

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Gah. Why can't they ever just talk to each other. ha-ha...

Anyway, this series is very...interesting. still. And refreshing.

last edited at Jul 12, 2016 11:35PM

joined Feb 3, 2016

Just got to multiple choice and it's almost 2:30Am here...I need sleep

but more yuri and cuteness! Gah! :collapses.:

joined Jul 23, 2016

I've read and reread this manga like 5 times and have only begun to understand it recently (I know I could have probably looked at this discussion but I just wanted to type my own thoughts out).

So Touko can't see herself fall in love with anyone, right? But she wants to be able to love someone because she's lonely. And on top of that, she thinks the word 'love' is a 'shackle'. She's received a bunch of confessions from boys and girls who only know her by her persona (which I will call sister persona), and for that reason, she can't reciprocate their feelings. And then Yuu comes along. Yuu's never experienced love and doesn't treat Touko special like everyone else does. In not treating Touko like she's 'special', it actually makes Touko feel special since Yuu is the only one who treats her normally. That's why Touko is able to fall in love with Yuu since the very beginning. Touko saying that she's fallen in love with Yuu is her finally placing her own 'shackle' on someone else as a way to not be as lonely. However, she still wants to appear 'special' to everyone else because that's what everyone wanted from her when her sister died. She's acted out her sister persona for 7 years, so when Yuu tells her that she should drop it, it makes sense for Touko to say that she'd rather die than hear Yuu say that. It'd be like if you spent 7 years trying to achieve something and busting your ass trying to do it only for someone to confront you and tell you to stop. You can't just stop, and neither can Touko. Now, is it kind of selfish for Touko to ask to love while not being loved back, on top of asking Yuu to stay by her side forever? Yeah, but in Touko's mind, she thinks it's fine since she thinks that Yuu will really never fall in love with her (which we all know is not the case).

For not understanding until reading it 5 times, I have to say that this is the most complicated Yuri that I have ever read!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oh? A Yuu/Sayaka chapter? Might be interesting… These two haven't talked much, have they?

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

If Yuu/Sayaka becomes a thing, I will feel conflicted.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

If Yuu/Sayaka becomes a thing, I will feel conflicted.

Obviously the only solution to that conflict would be Yuu/Touko/Sayaka /andKoyomibecausewhythehellnot.

last edited at Jul 24, 2016 8:58PM

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

Uh oh, I wonder if Yuu is confiding in Sayaka about Touko.
If so, I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Nooo, chapter 14 is too short. ='( That last page though, haha…

"I like girls who are straight with me…" I can't tell if it's an intentional pun from the translator. >.>

last edited at Jul 31, 2016 6:50AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

These two (Yuu and Sayaka) are much more interesting than Touko.

Thousand Scars
Hair_stars
joined Apr 14, 2016

She is sad that she wasn't her first (McDonald's) partner... :(

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

Why so short ;-; is this manga not sold really well. Are they going to end it. Someone tell me that's not the case at all.

To reply you must either login or sign up.