Forum › Crescent Sweet Honey discussion

joined Feb 9, 2013

drpepperfan posted:

The only thing here that's actually true is the 4-koma tag.

Agreed.

Mm, how does a story in which a character spends most of the chapters upset that she can't go out with a boy she likes not deserve the Het tag? Even if she ends up with the girl in the end, 2 out of the 3 characters spend most chapters in love with members of the opposite sex. I don't see how it's not het at all.

The same argument applies to Bisexual and Love Triangle. Whether or not the story didn't go as you expected, how are the tags not "True"?

Because if they end up with a girl they obviously were gay from the start. That is how it works, right?

Well no, if we follow th first post, the yuri tag is wrong too

If you're going with a lawyer-esque analysis of "is this here? true/false" then yes you can add anything you find in the tags. On the other hand, you can see that several commenters here have clearly been misled by the tags that barely has any relevance to the story's substance.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

drpepperfan posted:

Agreed.

Mm, how does a story in which a character spends most of the chapters upset that she can't go out with a boy she likes not deserve the Het tag? Even if she ends up with the girl in the end, 2 out of the 3 characters spend most chapters in love with members of the opposite sex. I don't see how it's not het at all.

The same argument applies to Bisexual and Love Triangle. Whether or not the story didn't go as you expected, how are the tags not "True"?

Because if they end up with a girl they obviously were gay from the start. That is how it works, right?

If you're going with a lawyer-esque analysis of "is this here? true/false" then yes you can add anything you find in the tags. On the other hand, you can see that several commenters here have clearly been misled by the tags that barely has any relevance to the story's substance.

Barely any relevance? She spends almost every chapter in love with the male. Only towards the end does she truly fall for the girl.

joined Feb 9, 2013

drpepperfan posted:

Agreed.

Barely any relevance? She spends almost every chapter in love with the male. Only towards the end does she truly fall for the girl.

She loved a guy, therefore it's het. There're 3 people, therefore it's a love triangle.

I disagree. This is a story about the evolution of the love between two women. The dynamics that you'd expect from a het and love triangle story are nearly not there and in a very subdued manner. Perhaps different readers will take away from the story differently, however.

I will agree the tags are not literally wrong but I argue that the tag list does not give the impression that the story deserves.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

What a sweet story! I loved every page, esprecially chapter2))
I wished the kisses came to screen abd more fluffy moments pictured... well but thats just mine taste and the work is (warm sweet tender emotional) simply brilliant as it is <333
Love it. Thanks everyone who made it possible to be delievered to the world =]

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

She loved a guy, therefore it's het. There're 3 people, therefore it's a love triangle.

I disagree. This is a story about the evolution of the love between two women. The dynamics that you'd expect from a het and love triangle story are nearly not there and in a very subdued manner. Perhaps different readers will take away from the story differently, however.

Bisexual. What you're describing here is a bisexual girl realizing she's not het.

I'd agree with replacing the het tag with bisexual, but not with having only the yuri tag.

Love triangle definitely applies, since from the MC's point of view that's exactly what is happening.

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

"I feel like I've heard one weird story..." You and us both, Sugi-san.

The absence of the Aaaaaangst tag baffles me. These characters mope at each other instead of yelling, but it's still wall-to-wall angst.

Drinks%20cup
joined Feb 9, 2016

Okay...This was kind of cute. The ending was a bit sudden, i would have liked an extra chapter with the couple interacting more but this was cute too. Also, Sugi supporting them was a great addition...Reminds me of the whole Makorrasami love triangle thing. I would really like it if Mako supports Korra and Asami like Sugi did.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Okay...This was kind of cute. The ending was a bit sudden, i would have liked an extra chapter with the couple interacting more but this was cute too. Also, Sugi supporting them was a great addition...Reminds me of the whole Makorrasami love triangle thing. I would really like it if Mako supports Korra and Asami like Sugi did.

Same here, i would like something like more kissing or more emotional shots - would be pretty satisfying

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Oh, this was soooo sweeeet!!! Best manga of the month for me. Didn't see anything bisexual in it by the way. And I wonder if the author portrays herself in Momoka or Sakura. I really like her works.

last edited at Jul 13, 2016 7:50PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh, this was soooo sweeeet!!! Best manga of the month for me. Didn't see anything bisexual in it by the way. And I wonder if the author portrays herself in Momoka or Sakura. I really like her works.

Tfw 2 out of 3 characters were bisexual

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Tfw 2 out of 3 characters were bisexual

Well, Momoka didn't have a single successful relationship with a guy... so she was in a closet, experimenting... and Sakura.. Same for Sakura. And you know what? That guy... HE was totally gay! LOL

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Omgeeee....
this story is soooo cute.... xD

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Huh, no drama out of the male counterpart in the "triangle". What a surprising turn of events. I think Sugi might be one of the chillest guys in a love triangle manga I've read so far.

I would have liked too have seen one of their kisses, but overall what a lovely little romance <3

joined Oct 23, 2016

Pretty boring read, but it was alright. lol

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

T'was rather... anti-climatic for me...

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

Sweet, but too short!

joined Feb 18, 2015

Let's see.. 4koma, het and love triangle. No thanks.

But also: Adult life, Bisexual, Drama, Yuri

So, do you not like the way "Legend of Korra" ends? Because, frankly, other than the 4koma part, since it is a TV series, it would have all of those tags except for Yuri. (Hopefully the comic version will have the Yuri part!)

I just re-read this one today because I stumbled across it. It is a pretty nice, short, sweet story.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

This was really sweet! I liked it.

joined May 25, 2020

kinda meh

Beenhereallthistime
joined Feb 8, 2022

I'd come across this every now and then when im skimming through the directory, but would avoid it cos of the tags. Finally gave it a shot, and it's actually not that bad. Ending fell short though :/

To reply you must either login or sign up.