Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Hopefully they don't censor the game too heavily.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

PQube has confirmed already the game is fully uncensored

https://twitter.com/nichegamer/status/751404100265316352

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/pqube-confirm-valkyrie-drive-english-release-europe-north-america/

YESSSSSSSS

omg
*hypes*
S-should I.. buy a ps vita lmao
jfc this is gnna be really expensive rip i have to think this over

last edited at Jul 8, 2016 1:38PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You can get a Vita TV. The game is compatible.

joined Sep 21, 2014

what's that? ovo
also my friend said that ps vita is shit D: idk what to do anymore lol

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vita+tv

Basically is a Vita that you need to plug into your TV. It's main attractive is that is pretty cheap.

The Vita is a good console but if you aren't a fan of japanese games you won't get much mileage from it.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Basically is a Vita that you need to plug into your TV.

Shit lol I can NOT play Valkyrie Drive on the living room tv
I'm a young legal adult who lives with my parents and younger brother lmao
Do you know when VD will be released? Maybe I'll have time to save up and see if I'm down to invest in it, and perhaps other games while I'm at it :0

ZuljinRaynor
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

The Vita is a pretty cool console. I have quite a bit of Vita games but half are imports. This is the problem. PS3 also turned into an import machine. I want to get a PS4... for imports.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The dream is alive!

@Faust : I was in a similar situation a few months ago...I don't regret my purchase. You should check the vita's game library before you make a decision though.

joined Oct 12, 2013

what's that? ovo
also my friend said that ps vita is shit D: idk what to do anymore lol

Your friend is a fucking liar and I will fite them

ETA: And also you'll probably pick up a second hand one considerably cheaper, though I'm not sure where you live.

last edited at Jul 9, 2016 12:49AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

@Faust : I was in a similar situation a few months ago...I don't regret my purchase. You should check the vita's game library before you make a decision though.

I dont know what I'm looking for lmao TTvTT
I feel like I'm totally jumping the gun, but like, I don't think I'll regret it terribly or anything. It's not the first time I bought a console just for this one game. I'll drop by EB Games or wtv electronics chain store one of these days and browse. Looking games up online is probably easier but the possibilities and options are too damn vast lmao, I don't know how to look. Perhaps I can get a better idea of things if I looked and browsed physically

ETA: And also you'll probably pick up a second hand one considerably cheaper, though I'm not sure where you live.

Canada. Yeah I would, it'd be better for my wallet. Though I'd probs have to get my friend to order it for me, which is awks cus this would make it the third time and they seem like heavy favours (idk if they're actually big favours but I feel like it's a meh burden/task)

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

The Vita is a shitty console if you are not into Japanese games.

joined Sep 21, 2014

The Vita is a shitty console if you are not into Japanese games.

I-I dont know how I feel about japanese games. Tbh the only console game I've played is like
One LoZ and various Pokemon games
And idk 'Japanese games" sounds pretty generic, i dont know what you mean by that :s

last edited at Jul 10, 2016 9:53PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Games made by Japanese devs. Western developer support is real bad.

I've been mostly importing games recently as even most of the good Japanese developed games don't come to the west.

joined Oct 12, 2013

It mostly has JRPGs and indies. You're in for a treat if you do end up liking them though, since the Vita also has access to a huge amount of the PSP and PS1/2's back catalogue.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Also, the Vita has pretty much the entire Neptunia series. You know, the one with the lesbian consoles :p

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07/11/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-publisher-explains-why-itll-be-released-uncensored-will-have-japanese-voices/

>Valkyre Drive: Bhikkhuni Will not be Censored for the West PQube Explains

I can confirm that Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni will be brought to the west in its original form, with content completely intact. It will be with a Japanese dub and English subtitles.
We generally don’t take on these kinds of projects if we’re not confident we can release it in the west without cutting or changing content. Changing the source material kind of defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place, so that is not something we even consider unless we literally have no other options. In terms of platform holders and ratings boards, you’d be surprised what you can get away with. Gal*Gun: Double Peace passed quite painlessly for example.
Where issues might arise in terms of publishing, is selling the title in to retailers who might be hesitant to take it. A game doesn’t just appear at retailers when we release it; a big part of the process is to go around and sell the title to each individual retailer and negotiate numbers and prices. Trying to present a game like Valkyrie Drive to a group of executives at a major retailer, who might be in their 50’s and don’t play or particularly care about games, and convince them that Valkyrie Drive is amazing and would do really well on their shelves or their website, can be quite the challenge for the sales team.

last edited at Jul 11, 2016 3:52PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Valkyrie Drive is up for Preorder at Shopto

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/psvita/PSPVVA01-valkyrie-drive

22.85£

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Bhikkhuni is released in September 16. Rice Digital has a LE as exclusive that includes: Bonus Cards, Soundtrack, Artbook, Vita Skin Case and Special box designed by Takaki himself. 80 bucks

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-launches-september-16-west

joined Oct 12, 2013

Bhikkhuni is released in September 16. Rice Digital has a LE as exclusive that includes: Bonus Cards, Soundtrack, Artbook, Vita Skin Case and Special box designed by Takaki himself. 80 bucks

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-launches-september-16-west

I want it, but I super can't justify it. ;_;

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

A guy over gamefaqs that won Steins:Gate on the recent contest that Pqube ran on their twitter, had the chance to talk a bit with them and according to him, PQube will brought all the DLC for Bhikkhuni. Particularly the Mermaid characters.

I'm inclined to believe this is true because the game's translator said he translated stuff with their names on it.

After the Battle Vixen debacle with EV I was worried licensing issues would've been a problem again. So happy this wasn't the case.

joined Sep 21, 2014

So I winged it and bought a PS Vita >_>
And now I realise how fucking dead the psvita is because I can't for the life of me fucking find the memory cards in any store (without considering how expensive it is either), I don't see physical copies of any psvita games either
This is pretty disappointing, I feel sorta depressed tbh
The prices of amazon and ebay seem like a rip off, more expensive than what the retail prices would be in stores (if it was actually AVAILABLE in stores)

tl;d: (╯。•́︿•̀。)╯︵ ┻━┻ im losing patience and morale

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

So I winged it and bought a PS Vita >_>
And now I realise how fucking dead the psvita is because I can't for the life of me fucking find the memory cards in any store (without considering how expensive it is either), I don't see physical copies of any psvita games either
This is pretty disappointing, I feel sorta depressed tbh
The prices of amazon and ebay seem like a rip off, more expensive than what the retail prices would be in stores (if it was actually AVAILABLE in stores)

tl;d: (╯。•́︿•̀。)╯︵ ┻━┻ im losing patience and morale

pats

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 7:30PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

The memory cards were always expensive because Sony.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yeah, most retailers dont carry Vita stuff anymore on their brick and mortar stores but they still carry them online. And sadly, Vita memory cards have always been expensive. That is one of the reasons that held back the Vita.

To reply you must either login or sign up.