Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Edit: Now that I think about it, with them being genetically identical, wouldn't it be impossible for Cosima to be a lesbian? Did the lesbian/gay gene/whatever get disproven or something? Or am I mistaking it with something else entirely?

In an early interview the writers said Cosima was bisexual and identifies as bisexual though she has refered to herself as lesbian multiple times now. Maybe they just changed their minds. And this being a show, they don't have to follow science like, completely.
Though in season 4 Sarah was pretty much confirmed to be bisexual. And I'm not completeIy sure but I think science right now thinks that sexual orientation is caused by a mix of genetic, hormonal and enviromental influences. So maybe everything still makes scientific sense.

Also, obligatory "My sexuality is not the most interesting thing about me".

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Oh, I just remembered two more:

The World Unseen
and
Fried Green Tomatoes

The last one is supposed to be about a friendship... but it never really felt like a mere friendship to me... I don’t know about others. But I think it’s worth a watch.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Fried Green Tomatoes is a movie adaptation about a book about lesbians. They just toned it way down.

joined Jun 22, 2016

Oh, good to know. Thank you! ^^b
Guess I should read the book then...
Have you read it?

joined Mar 25, 2013

Well, just finished season 3, and I gotta say. I don't want Cosima to be with Delphine. At first I thought Delphine was gonna do something, but then I saw how Cosima handled their 'relationship' and I gotta say, for how smart Cosima is, she is really, really stupid. I know that Delphine is alive, but at this point, I think there's a really big chance that they've converted her to Neolutionism and the last season will deal with that. Haven't seen season 4 yet, but that's what I think so far. Yeah, Shay is cute and all, but, I wouldn't be surprised if she was a neolutionite. But yeah, Cosima didn't seem to me like she loved/s Delphine at all, but what do I know, I'm an 'outsider' so to speak xD

And I'm not completeIy sure but I think science right now thinks that sexual orientation is caused by a mix of genetic, hormonal and enviromental influences. So maybe everything still makes scientific sense.

Well, now that they showed us the original I guess they have a loophole there with her 'absorbing' her twin and who knows, maybe she isn't straight xD It was just something that bugged me I guess, what with them saying over and over that they're genetically identical and then Cosima.

Otherwise, the best part of the plot for me was Alison's side again, which is what I stayed for honestly. And Helena, the other stuff bores me and Cosima is an idiot so yeah xD

last edited at Jun 25, 2016 12:41PM

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

Would suggesting books fit in this thread/list?
I read Thirteen Hours by Meghan O'Brien recently erotic lesbian fiction and it was pretty damn nice and sweet too

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Would suggesting books fit in this thread/list?
I read Thirteen Hours by Meghan O'Brien recently erotic lesbian fiction and it was pretty damn nice and sweet too

I mean, I kinda stopped keeping the list up to date but suggestions are always welcome.

On a side note,

So apparently that happened. Full article on cinemablend

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

4th season of oitnb had a lot of potential and it startet out well but they screwed it up so badly.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Fried Green Tomatoes is a movie adaptation about a book about lesbians. They just toned it way down.

I think they should remake the movie and untone it. Is the book any good? I don't remember if I liked the movie...

joined Jun 22, 2016

I second that!
Always thought the movie is really sweet and funny. But also pretty sad at the end...
A little more Yuri in it would be perfect!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

4th season of oitnb had a lot of potential and it startet out well but they screwed it up so badly.

Definitely disagree with the screw up part.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Killing Poussey was the worst thing they could've done and not only that, they spent the entire season giving shitty characters so much screentime for them to be horrible and disgusting and not only that but they writers gave more shits about a rapist than the happiness of people that really deserved it for once. They even said they had to kill a character that had a chance outside of prison, that would've made it out there and they took that away from the audience, for what? Shock value.

Oitnb season 4 was a disappointment. It turned back on its values that it had in previous seasons.

last edited at Jun 26, 2016 1:43PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

^Same here. I personally don't think they screwed up but it did make me feel uneasy. I think season 4 was definitely the most polarizing season for its audience.

I finished season 4 last night and I totally didn't see Poussey's death coming. Part of me wonders why her specifically but I think the point was that the person for that role is arbitrary. It could've happened to anyone in the prison. Obviously it sucks they chose Poussey ;___;

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I think I might just break my habit of only binge watching shows for Wentworth. Really can't wait another month to start watching it, especially since I'm rewatching right now and already halfway through season 3.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I've been binge watching oitnb, almost done with season one. I love it, but Larry needs to go, he's so annoying!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just found out Janet King season 2 is out, anyone watched that already?

There are some familiar faces in it, apparently.

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 11:05AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So I started watching Wentworth season 4 and up until now I love it, really strong season.
And whoever thinks about dropping it because Franky got out can rest assured that there is a new couple that's like, pretty awesome.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Is wentworth the european version of oitnb?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

It's an australian remake/reimagination of Prisoner: Cell Block H. It's a lot more serious than OITNB.

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 10:40PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Remake-ish of an older movie, Mother, May I Sleep with Danger, protagonists are a Lesbian couple where 1 of em is a vampire, directed by James Franco.

It's... not very good, but amusing..

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Wentworth is freaking amazing. This is one of my favorite series. And we see plenty of Frankie, no worries (to those that were worried). Gotta say though...the real star of the series this season is Allie. Spoilers for latest episode: I did not fucking see Bea thinking Allie set her up though. I couldn't fucking believe it. And then Kaz comes up seemingly sincere about her apology...but NOOOO she freaking throws Allie under the bus. Like. What. The. Fuck.

[P.S. Mother May I Sleep With Danger was far more than just bad. I could barely watch it a quarter of the way through, and then i pretty much just gave up and skimmed the rest. And my standards are ridiculously low.]

last edited at Jul 7, 2016 6:42PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Did you see the preview for 4x10? I'm literally dying right now.

And yeah, Allie is amazing. I really hope she doesn't die. And speaking of Franky, that visit for Bea was like, SO good.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

I haven't??? I'm going to go a a deep search for it now. I always have problems finding previews. I was so pissed when I saw her snorting drugs at the end of last episode though...shit, I went into that episode all excited, and then came out disappointed as hell. But I know, omg, that thing with Franky was so cute. Especially when she found out about Allie. The teasing was adorable. I can't tell if Bridget told her or not, but knowing Bridget she probably just hinted that Bea might need some support

[edit: aw shit I saw it. I might just pretend Wentworth is on a break next week and come back in a couple.]

[edit 2: I've also seen the second season of Janet King. Be forewarned...(minor spoilers for first episode of season 2 episode 1...e.g. they tell you in the first 15 min): Wife is no longer there. Neither is Erin (no explanation about Erin unless I missed it somehow). I was very pissed about Erin. But the story line is still compelling I think ]

last edited at Jul 7, 2016 7:08PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

"Bit of a Franky replacement". Best line of the season haha.
And wow, you're gonna hold out even more? I can't even wait the 5 days till the next episode to know what's gonna happen. "I love you" "That's a shame." is SO gonna rip my heart into pieces though.

And I started Janet King like half an hour ago so I already knew. Not gonna lie, I was more upset over the lack of Erin than the death of her wife. I was even more disappointed in the lack of Erin BECAUSE of the death of her wife. I was shipping them really hard last season. I'm such a bad person.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

"Bit of a Franky replacement". Best line of the season haha.
And wow, you're gonna hold out even more? I can't even wait the 5 days till the next episode to know what's gonna happen. "I love you" "That's a shame." is SO gonna rip my heart into pieces though.

And I started Janet King like half an hour ago so I already knew. Not gonna lie, I was more upset over the lack of Erin than the death of her wife. I was even more disappointed in the lack of Erin BECAUSE of the death of her wife. I was shipping them really hard last season. I'm such a bad person.

omg, not going to lie. I was so excited about what you said in the last half of your post that I started typing in my login with all caps.

I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED ABOUT ERIN TOO. I torrented the whole season, and then literally did not watch it for another week because of what i saw in the first episode. Goodness, I was shipping Erin over wife as well...honestly, I didn't like her wife at all. >-> Guess that makes me a worse person lol

and god, well please spoiler me to death when you find out about next episode although i might not have enough restraint/insight into my pain, and will watch it anyway

To reply you must either login or sign up.