Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Alvis

Actually playing yourself is way better than just watching!
I’m just usually a pretty passive person. So that never worked for me. I was always reluctant to join groups – even in real life – so team sports was never a choice for me ^^

And Catherine Tate is one of the funniest people I know.
It’s good if it makes people laugh.

Where are you from by the way?

@ Faust

Thank you, approval is always a good thing! (^_^)b
I hope we’ll see you more often here then!

@ Blackkitty

It’s great that you liked them!
You can share your own favorites if you feel like it. Anything is welcome!

I just like to watch a few matches every now and then. I can pretty much get excited about a lot of things if it’s only interesting enough. ^^
I’m pretty easy going when it comes to that...

Care to share where you’re from? ;)
The Netherlands... maybe? Just kidding ^^ or ... not... o_O
;P

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yup, that'll do nicely. Thanks for setting things up.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon99 Nothing shareable comes to mind right now, but you could keep the good work - one can never laugh too much (even when your stomach hurts).
So you are joking with the Dutch team - are they in bad shape?xD I'm from Bulgaria and the Dutch team can't possibly be as much pathetic as ours xD the last official matches that I watched were form the last year's women's world cup, the ladies know how to surprise sometimes with their play :)

joined Jun 22, 2016

Here’s one of the songs that currently float my boat ;)
Thought I’d share:
https://vimeo.com/79943847

And here’s a dinner suggestion for tonight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf8fB7DUSkg

And for the sweet tooths:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Upv5GPZFlc

(^_-)v

@ Nez

No problem, you’re welcome!
Thanks for the approval and suggestions!

@ Blackkitty

Yeah, that’s kinda always been a thing between the German and the Dutch teams ^^
They used to be very good but lately not so much... Didn’t qualify this time as well.
To be honest I don’t really know much about the Bulgarian team... (^_^”)

But Bulgaria really has some nice beaches and I always wanted to go see the Black Sea at least once!
Have you been there?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@ Alvis

Actually playing yourself is way better than just watching!
I’m just usually a pretty passive person. So that never worked for me. I was always reluctant to join groups – even in real life – so team sports was never a choice for me ^^

And Catherine Tate is one of the funniest people I know.
It’s good if it makes people laugh.

Where are you from by the way?

I loved Catherine Tate in The Office (US), hands down one of my favorite characters in that series. I love Tina Fey and Amy Poehler too as far as funny women go.

It is a lot more fun to play than watch, I agree. Working well in groups is not a lot of people's forte but it is an important skill to have. I'm not naturally good with groups either but I've improved. :D

I'm from the Memphis, TN. Where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated and Elvis dwelled.
I'm really glad you started this thread btw, for about a month or two I've been in the WDTFS off topic and I love it there but it's kind of hard to get to know people since they all know each other. This is a good chance to start fresh for me :3

Edit: I love the super meatboy icon you've got going on

last edited at Jun 26, 2016 3:30PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

Never knew Catherine Tate was in The Office... Shame on me! Will be looking into that ;)
I know Amy Poehler from Parks and Recreation. It’s been a while since I’ve last seen some of that but it was pretty good.
But I gotta admit – never heard of Tina Fey before ^^”
Anything you’d recommend regarding her?

Oh Memphis... a city with a lot of history, truly...
Also music-wise. Very nice!
I wish I had something to share from my hometown... Well... there’s some birds and trees at least o_O That’s it pretty much... But we have a drunk street musician here! Ha! ;)
Looking at a few pictures of Memphis really makes me want to travel... Never been to the US.
Never been to a lot of places if I say it like that (^_^”)

Hey great – you know Super Meat Boy! Perfect!
That game was so much fun!
I died like a million times but the quick reviving without any loading made it less painful ^^

And nice to hear you think this is a good idea.
I just hope more people will take the chance...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Did some travelling to the mountains with my family this week, yet the car didn't go any faster when i rocked some Eurobeat in the radio, what's the deal with that crap?

joined Jun 22, 2016

This particular crap is supposed to make people talk and share the love. (Didn’t you see the tiny heart in the title?) (^_-)v
And it worked since you’re here, I guess ^^

Travelling with your family didn’t really seem to put you in a good mood, huh?
Which mountains are you referring to? Mount Wycheproof? ;)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon99
When I actively watched football, like at least 10 years ago xD, the Dutch were very good.. as for our national's team current state - nothing worth knowing about.
oh, really, you want to see the Black Sea that much? I've been there a couple of times, but honestly, I don't think I'm the right person to ask about it. I would prefer the trees and the bird's songs of your hometown xD well, I guess there are beautiful beaches, lots of clubs, people, sun, history all around, and many other things. But, if you ask me, beaches are all around the world, while there are other things worth seeing that are only here, and you could learn a lot, culturally and historically speaking. And my hometown - Plovdiv, has been chosen to be the European capital of culture for 2019 ^^
... but that's my opinion, and personally I enjoy better the tranquility and frechness of the mountain air, and my skin being fair as it is xD

oh, it's never too late to start travelling more :), but then again, I wonder, if a lifetime would be enough to visit all the places I want.. anyway, I haven't been to many places myself, and it's a shame that I didn't go to Memphis when I was to the USA :(
about the dinner ideas - that's why I never bother to ask "what's the time?"

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Never knew Catherine Tate was in The Office... Shame on me! Will be looking into that ;)
I know Amy Poehler from Parks and Recreation. It’s been a while since I’ve last seen some of that but it was pretty good.
But I gotta admit – never heard of Tina Fey before ^^”
Anything you’d recommend regarding her?

Oh Memphis... a city with a lot of history, truly...
Also music-wise. Very nice!
I wish I had something to share from my hometown... Well... there’s some birds and trees at least o_O That’s it pretty much... But we have a drunk street musician here! Ha! ;)
Looking at a few pictures of Memphis really makes me want to travel... Never been to the US.
Never been to a lot of places if I say it like that (^_^”)

Hey great – you know Super Meat Boy! Perfect!
That game was so much fun!
I died like a million times but the quick reviving without any loading made it less painful ^^

And nice to hear you think this is a good idea.
I just hope more people will take the chance...

If you have Netflix, I'd highly recommend The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt or reruns of 30 Rock.
Where are you from? (Sorry if you've answered this one before, I'm assuming England)
I've actually never had a chance to play Super Meat Boy, but I see a lot of allusions to in Binding of Issac, which I suck at :D
I think the main thread is worried about competition between the two threads but honestly, it's just easier to get to know everyone from scratch as opposed to jumping in on a group that knows each other so well and has their own inside jokes.

last edited at Jun 26, 2016 5:39PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Did some travelling to the mountains with my family this week, yet the car didn't go any faster when i rocked some Eurobeat in the radio, what's the deal with that crap?

It's good to see you in this thread Kyonne! I only ever see you around the gaming thread. Do you have any pictures of the mountains? I bet they were beautiful

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Sorry to jump in outa of no where, but hi I'm Ari! ^.^
I'm not new to dynasty just haven't been on the forum in forever. How is everyone?

last edited at Jun 26, 2016 5:56PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Welcome Ari!
It's really hot here so I'm trying to stay indoors. My dog wants to go on a walk but it's just too hot; I hate saying no to her ;___;
How are you?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh please let it rain tonight and tomorrow. Please, please, please!

Droughts suck.

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

@Anon99 Nice to meet you. :)

@Alvis Cool, someone in the states. I starting to to think that I was the only one. How's Memphis? It's been I long time since I've been there.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

It's reallyyy hot here in Memphis, but the real kicker is the humidity. My dog is gets so excited every time I get because she thinks she's going on a walk. I can't just let her die of heatstroke, though! ;___;

Where in the states are you from @Z.Long?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

This particular crap is supposed to make people talk and share the love. (Didn’t you see the tiny heart in the title?) (^_-)v
And it worked since you’re here, I guess ^^

Oh don't worry, i was talking about the car thing

It's good to see you in this thread Kyonne! I only ever see you around the gaming thread. Do you have any pictures of the mountains? I bet they were beautiful

Well there hasn't been many yuris that caught my attention lately hence why i'm taking matters with my own hands so i haven't been in a lot of threads, i used to be more frequent around here some ago but some personal stuff happened and i had to lay low from the internet for some time i never apologized to the people from the Vampire game for disappearing with no warning, really sorry about that
Ain't got no pictures and google isn't helping me, but yeah it's a beautiful place, kinda sick of it though, been going there like 3 times a year ever since i was born and there's nothing to do there anymore while i could be at home in my sofa doing nothing instead

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Anon99

Thank you, approval is always a good thing! (^_^)b
I hope we’ll see you more often here then!

Wow holy fuck, you're such a bubbly creature of friendliness, idk how to properly respond haha
But thank you, you sound like a very nice person

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

@Alvis I know, I had a dog that would act the exact same way. I felt bad about keeping her inside, but I didn't want her to die out there. Though it's nice to have a cat. I find them to be lower maintenance and less dependent on me. However, some of them are rather ungrateful jerks. Luckily for me I have an awesome cat. He's a bit quirky but I unintentionally trained him to obey me.

I live in Alabama. Sometimes I think about cooking eggs outside, but then I realize that I'll have to stay out in the killer heat until they're done.

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

Wow okay, lot more ppl now, guess soccer/football isnt the topic anymore, although that suits me just fine ^^

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

@Alvis a little tired cause its past 1am and I've been painting all day but besides that it's all good. And I feEl you all on that heat, especially the part about walking the dog, South Florida isn't cool in the summer either.

↓ That might be one of the best things I've ever seen. X'D

last edited at Jun 27, 2016 1:26AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Now if world cup was done with go-carts, Rocket League style, I'd totally watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmUz5YJ9bdk

No go-carts I guess but the closest you'll get. Less jumping around than in rocket league though.

last edited at Jun 27, 2016 1:22AM

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Indonesian here!, its rainy season in here, i hope my laundry dry well

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

Well, you can come to my hometown, if you like.
One day here and you’ll have seen it all! ;)
It’s just a small dump somewhere in Bavaria.
So basically this:
http://handwerk.com/files/smthumbnaildata/lightboxdetail/3/1/8/5/2/1/Dirndl_Brezel_Bier.jpg

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/junge-frau-einem-dirndl-mit-gl%C3%BCcklicher-kuh-57613307.jpg
(o_O)
(I’m just kidding – that’s just a cliché, although a good one ^^)

I’m also very pale but I like to dream about lazing around on the beach ^^
I’m always interested in differnet cultures but to really learn about and experience them you have to spend more time than just a few days. And it doesn’t hurt to be able to understand the language as well. When I do something – I wanna do it right! ^^
That’s probably the reason I don’t do a lot at all ;)

That 3-Minute-Meal lady is so sweet! So every time I laugh I feel horrible about it!

@ Alvis

I’m from Germany – the county every European seems to love so much lately... (^_^”)
And thanks for the recommendations!
I’ll be sure to check them out when I find the time.
About the other thread: I really don’t think that it’s a competition.
If so I probably wouldn’t have started this because so many posts will be pretty hard to beat :)
And about the jumping in on a group thing:
I think that is a common problem and it could happen here as well.
That’s why it’s important to talk to newcomers and new faces even if that means repeating some things...

last edited at Jun 27, 2016 8:47AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ ari-chan

Hi there! (^_^)/
No reason to be sorry!
That’s exactly what this thread is for! ;)

@ Z. Long

The pleasure is all mine! (˘⌣˘)

@ Kyonne

I was just kidding ;)
The opportunity just seemed to be too good, sorry! ^^

@ Faust

Don’t let yourself be deceived! I can be pretty weird (@_º)

@ Meursault

Hey, good that you’re back!
(Side note: I only mentioned football because you asked what I was doing T_T)
I have a recommendation for you.
Do you know Zodiac, the 2007 film by David Fincher?
If you like crime thrillers you should definitely watch that one!
I’m not saying it’s like Monster but it has this really dark and gut-wrenching atmosphere...
Exactly my kind of thing ;)

@ OriginalGengar

Hey there!
You must be from Germany as well – otherwise you probably wouldn’t know about TV Total ^^
Maybe we should mention the Wok WM as well ;)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/thumb/8/89/Wok_WM.svg/280px-Wok_WM.svg.png
Yes, it’s luge in a wok in case anybody is wondering... (o_O)

@ adyatma16

Rainy season sounds like my nightmare!
Constant humidity always makes my hair so frizzy... Can’t stand that. ^^

To reply you must either login or sign up.