Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Well, you guys would know xD I don't know how they've developed the characters so. Just saying, don't get too optimistic in case they don't get their happy ending ;)

I watched a bit of Wynonna Earp, and there are barely any interactions between Waverly and Nicole. Less than 10, I think Wynonna talked more with Nicole that one time behind the desk than Waverly xD But yeah, very underwhelming, their first interaction is very cute though. It's also the first relationship for Waverly that isn't bad, so I can't see them be together until the end, not saying one of them will die, but they'll break-up at some point.

How much is a bit? Or did you watch the ep where they (finally) hookup?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just watched the first 10 episodes of OITNB season 4 and really, really liked it.

I also played through one of the 4 stories of the PC Senran Kagura game and I'm kinda conflicted about it. The fighting was pretty fun even though it was like, stupidly easy. But the whole rest of the game was really eh. The fanservice scenes were super cringy, the story was pretty boring, nearly all the outfits sucked and while some of the characters were kinda cool, most of the cast ranged from annoying to annoyingly stupid.

OITNB Season 4 is pretty cool though.

joined Mar 25, 2013

How much is a bit? Or did you watch the ep where they (finally) hookup?

Watched till episode 9. Wynonna with her stuff with Doc and the Dolls stuff is so boring that I can't bring myself to watch anymore. Especially after Doc and Wynonna slept together, she was stammering like a schoolgirl, and she's supposed to have slept with a lot of people? Yeah, no.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Anyone reading a manga called Tenkuu Shinpan?

Isn't the two main characters there totally gay toward each other? I means all of the promises about how they want to be together forever. How both readily sacrificed their life to save each other. Or sorely live to protect each other. With Nise in particular all blushed around naked Yuri and her exposed panty, or get totally jealous seeing Yuri get close to another girl. Means while Yuri despite being a hopeless brocon, still put Nise even above her brother in many situations

There was a kiss too, but they purposely don't show it, so we don't know if it was on the lip or on the forehead.

The yuri in there pretty much screamed from roof top to be canon. My gaydar meanswhile say it probably on Nanoha x Fate level

last edited at Jun 19, 2016 9:34AM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

So I read some of Tenkuu Shinpan... and wtf. She trips on stairwells, and then when she deciedes to jump off the roof she drops her id book or whatever and chases after it...

*Jackie Chan why meme.jpg* lol

joined Jan 8, 2016

Podcast: Alice isn't dead.

Only heard the intro since I am into Welcome to Night Vale, appaerently we have this story about a lesbian truck driver searching for her mysteriously vanished girlfriend.

Second thing with the name Alice I advertised here. Funny.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, I finished OITNB and it was an amazing season. I don't think I ever teared up as much as I did in the last episode of the season. Shit was emotional, yo.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Well, I finished OITNB and it was an amazing season. I don't think I ever teared up as much as I did in the last episode of the season. Shit was emotional, yo.

It left me depressed, that's for sure.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just started Orphan Black season 4 now and man, I can't get over how awesome Tatiana Maslany is at acting.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

So I read some of Tenkuu Shinpan... and wtf. She trips on stairwells, and then when she deciedes to jump off the roof she drops her id book or whatever and chases after it...

*Jackie Chan why meme.jpg* lol

Keep reading, until introduction of Nise (probably chapter 10-15~ish)

Yuri make everything better!!

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I'm on chapter 65... >_> I can totes see the yuri here...

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I just want someone to go fangirling with me over Yuri x Nise. Without fear of spoiling future event, that's all xD

I actually kinda like this kind of approach toward yuri. As in treating the yuri component just like any hetero relationship in a different manga genre. In this case, it's a survival/ mystery/ action manga with the main character and the main support has that little (totally gay) romance with each other.

Not explicit yet, of course, but I think this is how the genre has always played romance, where main character (99% male) and the main heroine kinda flirt around and skrt around the idea of being couple, but never confess their love or kiss until the very end. Finger-crossed

last edited at Jun 20, 2016 3:33AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So I got my heart replaced by Orphan Black just to get it ripped out again by Orange is the New Black

For me, Orphan Black repaired the heart that got shredded by OITNB.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I just want someone to go fangirling with me over Yuri x Nise. Without fear of spoiling future event, that's all xD

I actually kinda like this kind of approach toward yuri. As in treating the yuri component just like any hetero relationship in a different manga genre. In this case, it's a survival/ mystery/ action manga with the main character and the main support has that little (totally gay) romance with each other.

Not explicit yet, of course, but I think this is how the genre has always played romance, where main character (99% male) and the main heroine kinda flirt around and skrt around the idea of being couple, but never confess their love or kiss until the very end. Finger-crossed

I like that type of gay romance too, it'd be nice if it was normalized and bury your gays became a thing of the past too.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I like that type of gay romance too, it'd be nice if it was normalized and bury your gays became a thing of the past too.

What? Do you means readers should not be pissed off when a pairing that they rooted for since the beginning of the story, suddenly being killed off for no reason in the end? Just so their love can't be fulfilled? /s

That is probably my second most hatred trope. The first by a long mile is "curing" or "just-a-phase lesbianism". Where a female character just suddenly get over her love for girl to suck it up to a guy. Most of the time, the main character. Very often a fucking Mary Sue to boost.

I fucking hate it so much that I simply despise the author who do it. It could have the best plot and silky art, and it would still deserve to be burnt in hell for eternity

Either way I will take an open ending. As long as Yuri x Nise are hinted to be with each other. They should too, considering all that possibilities about how God of that world can revive people

last edited at Jun 20, 2016 12:31PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Hmm, is there any end in sight for Orphan Black? Like you can for sure say 'next season is the last' or something like that? Also, what's the plot? Clones/memory erasing and planting new memories/multiple personalities?

Considering picking it up, cause I'm bored.

@risingstar3110 on the contrary, he/she was hoping for what you said to be normal as well and not for them to be killed off, and for the romance you described to be normal like het-romances some day.

last edited at Jun 20, 2016 12:37PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Hmm, is there any end in sight for Orphan Black? Like you can for sure say 'next season is the last' or something like that? Also, what's the plot? Clones/memory erasing and planting new memories/multiple personalities?

Pretty sure next season is gonna be the last. Like, 90% sure.
I don't wanna spoil too much but the story premise is about a bunch of clones trying to find out where they came from.
It's definitely worth picking up. It's genuinly one of the best series running right now and Tatiana Maslany (playing half the main cast herself) is like, the best actress in the world.

Also, this is the first time I see someone missing sarcasm even with the /s at the end of the sentence.

last edited at Jun 20, 2016 12:43PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Huh, didn't see the /s xD Oh well. C'est la vie

Oh, also, Always Human first season is over. Now gotta wait for 2 months till a new chapter xD I still want to be able to download it and read it whenever, but doesn't seem like there will be a way to download it. Unless it gets published on paperback.

last edited at Jun 20, 2016 1:18PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Huh, didn't see the /s xD Oh well. C'est la vie

Oh, also, Always Human first season is over. Now gotta wait for 2 months till a new chapter xD I still want to be able to download it and read it whenever, but doesn't seem like there will be a way to download it. Unless it gets published on paperback.

I would love it if she did some sort of ebook. Sure, it wouldn't have the music but that's fine.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Any new series besides Earp released in the last few months?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I don't wanna spoil too much but the story premise is about a bunch of clones trying to find out where they came from.
It's definitely worth picking up. It's genuinly one of the best series running right now and Tatiana Maslany (playing half the main cast herself) is like, the best actress in the world.

Also, this is the first time I see someone missing sarcasm even with the /s at the end of the sentence.

Actually, it's confirmed already that next season is the last.
It wasn't cancelled, though, it's the end the creators had planned.

It's my favorite series, actually. Pretty much the only one I get excited to watch. I need to find some new favorite series now.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Actually, it's confirmed already that next season is the last.
It wasn't cancelled, though, it's the end the creators had planned.

It's my favorite series, actually. Pretty much the only one I get excited to watch. I need to find some new favorite series now.

The writers said years ago that they wanted it to be 5 seasons long and they're sticking with it which I respect so much.

And if you wonder if you should pick it up: Yes! It has tons of conspiracy, multiple sides to look at the whole picture from and a great amount of characters. I agree that it's one of the best, if not best, running shows and even after it finishes it'll stay that way.

It's also an incredibly intelligent show. You wont regret it.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Well, started watching it and finished season 1. Pretty good, Alison's side for some reason was very funny to me. Alison and Felix though, they make a pretty cool pair xD Cosima and Delphine are pretty cute, though Delphine 'fell' for her awfully quickly. But, I'm probably too used to developing pairs. Did all of them have to be so horny though xD

Though it doesn't make sense for them to write out their patent in their sequence, that was too convenient a reason for them not to sign the 'contract'.

last edited at Jun 21, 2016 9:37PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Finished season 2, they do love to have Maslany kiss people don't they? xD The Helena bit At least Sarah wasn't as boner-hungry as last season though of course, she jumped Cal. Not that I didn't expect it xD And naturally Siobhan. The Cosima/Delphine moments are kinda off? To me at least. I don't know why. But yeah, fun enough for now.

Edit: Now that I think about it, with them being genetically identical, wouldn't it be impossible for Cosima to be a lesbian? Did the lesbian/gay gene/whatever get disproven or something? Or am I mistaking it with something else entirely?

last edited at Jun 24, 2016 5:16AM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Hello there! (^_^)/

Thought I’d contribute a few more suggestions for your list, don’t know if anyone mentioned them before – if so, my bad. So here we go:

Movies:
The Hours
The Kids are all right
The Childrens Hour
Gia

TV-Show:
Queer as Folk

To reply you must either login or sign up.