Forum › Sansha Sanyou discussion

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

I find the character design in the anime so much cuter ! They did a pretty good job here.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

Interesting and yet, I find it kinda disturbing... for some reason .-.

*Added to favorites
*Subscribed

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Oh snap, I discovered this anime a few weeks ago. Happy to see the source material! Fav'd

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Needs a tsundere tag~

Great example of a genre savvy character (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GenreSavvy).

joined Oct 24, 2015

Only took 12 years to get this translated :P

Looking at mangaupdates it's the same mangaka as "Mikakunin de Shinkoukei" !

Never would've guessed.

last edited at Jun 3, 2016 8:08PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

im not the only one thats relating so hard with youko, am i? being the poor friend in the group is a tough job >_>

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 1:42AM

3089135_1354253222168.89res_320_317
joined Apr 1, 2016

Oh my god! I've just recently started watching the Anime adaption and was quite sad to find no translation for the manga whatsoever. Really glad someone picked it up now :D

By the way, can anyone tell me what "desuwayo" means exactly?

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 2:49AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Oh my god! I've just recently started watching the Anime adaption and was quite sad to find no translation for the manga whatsoever. Really glad someone picked it up now :D

By the way, can anyone tell me what "desuwayo" means exactly?

AFAIK, which is very little so someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's a fancy lady's way of ending a sentence where one would use 'desu'. Some characters have the verbal tic/catchphrase of ending too many sentences with desu, or in a unique way. Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden), or Uri-tan (Etotama) comes to mind (desu-desu).

So if someone is using 'desuwayo' to a near excessive degree, I get the impression that they're trying to put on the airs of a fancy, feminine speech. Wouldn't know how to translate that.

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

But don't worry! I carry a fashionable and stylish butterfly knife with me!

0_0

Aren't you embarrassed to have one in this day and age?

.... Am I missing something, or...? I was here thinking that Futaba was a straight up BAMF.

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 7:37AM

yurinaissance
56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

I like the drawings in anime more.

3089135_1354253222168.89res_320_317
joined Apr 1, 2016

AFAIK, which is very little so someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's a fancy lady's way of ending a sentence where one would use 'desu'. Some characters have the verbal tic/catchphrase of ending too many sentences with desu, or in a unique way. Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden), or Uri-tan (Etotama) comes to mind (desu-desu).

So if someone is using 'desuwayo' to a near excessive degree, I get the impression that they're trying to put on the airs of a fancy, feminine speech. Wouldn't know how to translate that.

Thanks! I already thought it was just another of those odd ways to end a sentence. Thought there might be a 'exact' way to translate it but i guess your interpretation is pretty accurate. Google doesn't give any real information as well sadly so i'll just go with that

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 1:41PM

Aaaa%20(2)
joined Aug 1, 2015

Only took 12 years to get this translated :P

Looking at mangaupdates it's the same mangaka as "Mikakunin de Shinkoukei" !

Never would've guessed.

Wow, awesome! Guessing by my icon on here you know I love MikaShinkou ahahah
The anime adaptation of Sansha Sanyou is great fun, slice of life is my favourite genre
Slice of bread is good too!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Desu wa is a Kansai dialect pattern, desu yo can be emphasis or can be "is, I think". So it's probably a Kansai way of saying "desu yo"

On edit: in character and in context, what morter said may apply.

Japanese relies on context more than any other language i know of.

last edited at Jun 23, 2016 2:59PM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

There's actually quite a few people with horse here and most of the time theyre cops lol. (i live like south east of texas)

I think Fort Worth in Texas also has police on horses, but that is done to humor the people who expect it of Texans.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Quite a few Finnish municipal police forces have mounted contingents (I can vouch for the Helsinki one personally) and it's not all that unusual in general. The elevated vantage point and due visibility has real uses, as does the ability to patrol terrain inaccessible to vehicles while retaining greater mobility than pedestrians - not to mention the obvious psychological impact of mounted troops in crowd control situations.

At least they don't break up riots with cold-steel cavalry charges nowadays...

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Clearly the celebration is going to be their marriage.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

up to where the anime covers manga?

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Is the manga ended already? It said it starts in 2003

To reply you must either login or sign up.