Forum › A World Without Freedom discussion

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Sooooooooo... Back to the beginning, nothing changes. Somehow weird and pointless.

Dorohedoro_noi_big_smile
joined Feb 24, 2015

I expected this kind of ending. Not much changed between the two girls and I doubt it ever really will. Still, I've come to expect this from Kodama, so it's not a big surprise.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

"The more soap opera-like, the better! The yandere is supreme!"
Everyday we stray further from God's light.

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

That was stupid.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

a happy ending?

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

Well...a Kodama Naoko ending I see..
Welp I expect this to happen so for me this is a good ending.

I don't know to other people tho...

I hope there will be a better ending for sensei's other works..Not like this kind of ending,I hope.

last edited at May 19, 2016 2:40PM

joined May 19, 2016

I expected this kind of ending. Not much changed between the two girls and I doubt it ever really will. Still, I've come to expect this from Kodama, so it's not a big surprise.

Reo understands Meiko's true feelings now, and, in Meko's absence, came to understand her own feelings as well. Seems like a big change to me.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yeah, I don't know why the negative feelings against the ending. In the light of the plot advancements it was a pretty good ending all things considered, their characters developed accordingly and they're actually trying to move their relationship forward in a healthier manner.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So much cheese!

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

So essentially this abusive relationship is still an abusive relationship and nothing changes, good to know.
Into the trash this one goes though the author made one manga I actually liked so i'll wait for their next manga to decide whether they are just a bad writer or not.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

What the fuck is this...

Oh well

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

a happy ending?

Esoteric Happy Ending?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Underwhelming I'd say

Profile_ing
joined Sep 20, 2014

This was absolute, and please do pardon my french, bloody shite!
Well, I couldn't be too mad because of the (seemingly) heartfelt author's note at the end... remembered that she's also just a person... I just hope somebody really did appreciate this out there. For Kodama's sake.

Either way, I find it exceptionally strange that I found Cocytus (and the additional story in the manga, let's see if it'll be published here) to be so intruiging and, I daresay, well writen, while everything else from Kodama's just so strangely unenjoyable. I really don't understand myselfe there... well.

joined May 23, 2013

Kodama just needs to stop. Please accept the fact being a lesbian isn't unnatural since several animals are proven to be naturally attracted to the same sex and they can very well bring a child together. Stop thinking a man is always eccential for a successful relationship. Yes some men are good some bad. But it's a Yuri. Why make a man a protagonist on a Yuri manga. Manipulate your own plot. She needs to Embrace the Yuri Ness and let the lesbian flow just like saburouta.

last edited at May 19, 2016 3:29PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Kind of abrupt ending there, I guess her psychological issues are magically cured then?? lol codependency at it's finest.

Oh well, go have a healthy relationship now you two love birds.

joined Dec 7, 2013

But it's a Yuri. Why make a man a protagonist on a Yuri manga.

There was one guy in this whole manga and he had like 4 lines of dialogue, what the fuck are you on about?

Hmmm I'm not sure how I feel about this. I guess if she realized what she did then it's fine???? Very anticlimactic though.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Kodama just needs to stop. Please accept the fact being a lesbian isn't unnatural since several animals are proven to be naturally attracted to the same sex and they can very well bring a child together. Stop thinking a man is always eccential for a successful relationship. Yes some men are good some bad. But it's a Yuri. Why make a man a protagonist on a Yuri manga. Manipulate your own plot. She needs to Embrace the Yuri Ness and let the lesbian flow just like saburouta.

Are you on the right thread?
I mean yeah Reo is a little tomboyish but c'mon

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Eh I'm satisfied with the ending. I don't think they remained the same. Reo understands Meiko's thoughts and feelings now, and Meiko acknowledged she was being a douchebag and is no longer holding Reo on a "chain". Reo willingly chose to be with Meiko knowing everything. I don't think their future relationship will be as abusive as it was before, Everything seems more consensual now. I think there will be ups and downs and they do still have some codependency issues, but I think it's all a step in the right direction.

The way it was written made everything feel underwhelming though. The pacing could have been better. It was pretty awkward and choppy. Ah well, time to move onto the next soap opera by Kodama.

I haven't really read any other manga yet by Kodama. So, this being my first from Kodama it was really nice. I don't understand why people don't like the ending but it's their opinion.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

On the one hand, the author makes it clear that even though they established an equal-footings relationship not everything will be fine and perfect, but on the other.... the relationship is most likely still abusive and meiko really didn't do enough work to make me believe this relationship will be able to function healthily. So???

I'd quickly like to forget this one.

last edited at May 19, 2016 3:53PM

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

goes to kodama i'm your person

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So where's ch3n? Reo's on top!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Still thirsty? There's more. Here's the bonus chapter "Late Spring".

To reply you must either login or sign up.