Forum › Non Non Biyori discussion

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Anime? Whoa, how did I miss that?!
Also, I wonder how should Hotaru x Koma-chan be tagged, hm.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

episode 1 took my breath away. i can so relate to it with my very few childhood memories in our province. can't wait for the next episode of the anime, very good graphics

joined Oct 3, 2013

When I first read this, I thought the art looked familiar. Then someone mentioned that it looked like sankarea and I had to agree. Yet I'm only finding out now that they were actually different artists.
Either way, I still like both of them...even though I haven't read them in about a year or so.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

When I first read this, I thought the art looked familiar. Then someone mentioned that it looked like sankarea and I had to agree. Yet I'm only finding out now that they were actually different artists.
Either way, I still like both of them...even though I haven't read them in about a year or so.

on DR there is something from sankarea's author : Concerto, great short yuri stories,
an the name is Hattori, while this is Atto, that let you think that is the same, but personaly, i don't see the similarities in the style

joined Oct 3, 2013

Yeah, I've read Concerto a few times before though I didn't know that it was from the same author. When I first came up with the idea, I was just basing it off of one similarity which, as I now know, could be found in almost any manga.

EDIT: Also, "Why is this cat rectangular?" MUST BE NYAN CAT! YES! THAT SONG WILL STAY IN YOUR HEAD FOREVER!!! ...And now it will stay in my head as well...

last edited at Oct 9, 2013 7:37PM

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

"This is like Yuru Yuri but in the countryside."

-QofLife

Really? It...didn't really feel that way to me.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Oops...I was thanking Q over IRC, and forgot to remove that for the real uploads.

Left me wondering the same. I didn't think subtext was appropriate, but I was hesitant to use yuri in case anyone came in with the "Where's the yuri?" comment. Suggestions are always welcome!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Something like Yuri Crush? Romantic Interest? Dunno...can't really call it subtext when it's pretty clearly stated.
I wouldn't call whole series Yuri for one crush. For example, Azumanga...

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I realy liked this :) My second favourite type of manga/anime after yuri are ones with all female / mostly female casts - and one girl even has a crush on another for a bonus! Hope to see more of this.

Yes, I wouldnt tag in yuri or subtext - theres nothing sub about it - but she is probably too young - even if she looks mature, for it to develope much in the story. yuri crush as suggested might work?

I was also gonna suggest adding a 'younger than she looks' tag - like the 'older than she looks' one - but amazingly there isnt one - having things like teachers who look like kids is common- hasnt the opposite been done much with young girls who look mature?

last edited at Oct 11, 2013 12:28AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Something like Yuri Crush? Romantic Interest? Dunno...can't really call it subtext when it's pretty clearly stated.
I wouldn't call whole series Yuri for one crush. For example, Azumanga...

I feel like each of those would result in a lot of backtagging, which we sort of want to avoid for something so simple.
Possibly adding it to the description would be acceptable?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow- I find and read this manga for the first time last night, realy enjoyed it - then find out its just been animated - first ep was a few days ago in japan i think? Nice timing or what?

I hope some group is picking it up - its funny, has likeable characters, and i want to see Hotaru's
cute yuri crush :)

joined May 10, 2013

i really love the anime .. episode 2 was marvelous! and the character are much more cuter than in the manga ufufufufu

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

:3 I saw episode 4, so sad yet so happy with it!

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

^Oops...I was thanking Q over IRC, and forgot to remove that for the real uploads.

Left me wondering the same. I didn't think subtext was appropriate, but I was hesitant to use yuri in case anyone came in with the "Where's the yuri?" comment. Suggestions are always welcome!

What about tryin' "Shoujo Ai" tag? .. Didn't read this manga yet but since i saw this debate i thought that Shoujo Ai might be good enough.

.. I wonder if the typesetter (or translator, i dunno) is mistaking "Exiting" for "Exciting"?
I feel bad for Hikage :D But she could join them o.o

i really love the anime .. episode 2 was marvelous! and the character are much more cuter than in the manga ufufufufu

I think they're much cuter in manga ._. .. In manga they have much better hairstyles :D

last edited at Oct 30, 2013 6:03PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

How about "One-sided Yuri" as a tag? Hotaru is deffinitely giving off yuri-vibes, but Koma-chan is too dense to pick up on it... wonder what would happen if she discovered Hotaru was in love with her... lol

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Geez even the manga has insanely amazing looking backgrounds.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Second season announced :O

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

waiiiit what?!! use what material?.....

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Looks like there are 6 volumes out.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Looks like there are 6 volumes out.

need at least 2 more.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

The brother's existence is getting thinner by the chapter. XD

Also, Koma-chan really need a nice wife to make sure she won't blow up her whole house doing chores. I'm sure Hotaru would gladly volunteer, she was so happy to giver Koma-chan a lift. :3

K
joined Oct 12, 2014

the more and more I think about there brother the more I think that their brother was some kind of decoration in the act of comedy desu 「(°ヘ°)

joined Jun 5, 2014

it felt so much better in anime..either way it fun watching hotaru looking after her waifu senpai

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

As much as I love the anime, the art in the manga is really great, so I still prefer it to the anime myself. ^^

joined Jul 22, 2014

Always like the artwork, glad Non Non Biyori vol 1 will be released in English next year.

To reply you must either login or sign up.