Forum › December's Melting Snow discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's okay to assume that Tomo is the cutest girl in the entire world? Just with the second page... The look in her face was too much for me to handle, so cute...

It's snowing and it feels so warm...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I would personally tag everything in Tsubomi Yuri unless there were strong reasons not to

I concur, but do believe this gets brought up every time a yuri magazine has a not-so-yuri chapter.

So I'm not the only one, who cried at this right? Right!? ;_;

I think the thread is pretty much filled with tears at this point.

last edited at Oct 3, 2013 5:36PM

joined May 17, 2013

Okay, I'm sorry, maybe I'm just slow on the uptake or my analytical skills are just lacking severely, but can someone please be so, so kind as to explain this oneshot to me?

I'm completely lost all over the place.

last edited at Oct 3, 2013 10:24PM

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Okay, I'm sorry, maybe I'm just slow on the uptake or my analytical skills are just lacking severely, but can someone please be so, so kind as to explain this oneshot to me?

I'm completely lost all over the place.

Kiyo (the long-haired girl) previously knew Tomo's mother when she was younger. Tomo's mother used to be the caretaker/maid for Kiyo, since Kiyo used to be sickly when she was young. When Kiyo was younger, Tomo's mother made a promise to Kiyo that they would have a Christmas party together.

However, Kiyo ended up getting a fever due to Tomo's mother. Kiyo's household ended up firing Tomo's mother and didn't let her see Kiyo again. As a result, the promise Tomo's mother made was not kept. When Kiyo grew older, she went to see Tomo's mother hoping for the promise to be somehow be fulfilled, only to find that Tomo's mother already has a child, who is Tomo.

She ends up finding Tomo alone on the streets, while everyone is enjoying Christmas. Kiyo calls her mother to let her know that she's taking care of Tomo. As she spends time with Tomo, she can tell the resemblance that Tomo has to her mother in both appearance and personality. In the end they spend Christmas together, including with her mother (possibly before Christmas ends?) who arrives late at night. So in the end, all the promises were finally fulfilled.

Sorry about the rather cut and dry summary lol...

last edited at Oct 4, 2013 12:16AM

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Fukuzawas are 10,000 yen bills, which feature the face of Fukuzawa Yukichi. 20,000 yen is around $200/€150/£125.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Fukuzawas are 10,000 yen bills, which feature the face of Fukuzawa Yukichi. 20,000 yen is around $200/€150/£125.

that cake must be made of gold.

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

How of many of you predict kiyo has a romantic encounter with Tomo's mom....awee if only this one big lesbian family :') it will be a totally different outcome. But I love the story nonetheless

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Christmas is months away, but I feel like it already is. A very sweet end. some kind of reward for the sad past

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Beautiful.

joined Aug 6, 2013

Ah. No wonder I've been having a dejavu. I actually had read this (and its continuation) in Chinese before.
SPOILER:
After Tomo grew up, she and Kyou has started an affair. It's a 8-page short one about another x-mas. Tomo's mom didn't get a break, though.

I think I found it guys
http://comic.xxbh.net/201305/248328.html

last edited at Oct 4, 2013 9:30PM

joined May 31, 2013

Ah. No wonder I've been having a dejavu. I actually had read this (and its continuation) in Chinese before.
SPOILER:
After Tomo grew up, she and Kyou has started an affair. It's a 8-page short one about another x-mas. Tomo's mom didn't get a break, though.

I think I found it guys

Kyou seems immune to ageing.

joined Feb 1, 2013

THIS STORY HAS ALL THE FEELS!

It's all here- heartache, childhood, motherhood, the holidays, family, wuv!

joined Sep 28, 2013

I get a warm feeling after reading this. Beautiful,!

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

SPOILER:

I think I found it guys

Older Tomo is the cutest. Now if only I knew how to read chinese...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

SO WHO NEED A CHINESE TRANSLATOR??
I mean, I'll do the TL if you guys want it.

Already picked up and queued on Yuri Project.

For whatever that's worth.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Already translated on Yuri Project.

Fixed that for you. Radical notion, I know.

For whatever that's worth.

Charming.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Already translated on Yuri Project.

Fixed that for you. Radical notion, I know.

...Not quite in the sense I meant. Though, it seems you read my post quite a differently than I meant it to be read from the start. My fault for sucking at words, I guess.

last edited at Oct 6, 2013 9:34PM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

No, it's fine, my fault. Trying to maintain a release-per-day cycle and still getting whined at by people today didn't exactly put me in a place where I interpret things in the most positive manner.

last edited at Oct 6, 2013 9:57PM

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

..it's been a long time since i read this kind of manga...such a heartwarming story...i miss this kind of yuri...

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

who read this without get his eyes wet, has to change genre and reader,
with story like this i don't need yuri development to be moved.

thanks to yuri project for tsubomi traslating

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

God i absolutely adore this story, and it's continuation! What i would give for it to be turned into a series... my right arm, my whole right arm, take it, write more of this with it and if that ain't enough you can have my feet as well!

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

It's the Christmas season! Time to re-read this again. The feels are still perfect for the cold Christmas nights.

joined Jan 18, 2016

Just stumbled upon this. Such a great read. Saved!

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Sweet~

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

As far as Christmas one-shots go I think this one's the top of the pile.

To reply you must either login or sign up.