Forum › Shiromuchi discussion

joined Sep 16, 2014

amusing
this reminds me of a manga i read about sumo girls...

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 10:01AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

SkinnyxChubby? Huh.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It'd be nice to see chubby girls in manga that aren't either the butt of all the jokes (like here) or fetish objects (like here). But I doubt I'll see that in my lifetime.

thatonecrystal
Img_20160203_151328[1]
joined Feb 27, 2016

Huh. I now just realize how most of the yuri mangas are just skinny x skinny. The whole 'crap I gain weight' thing is pretty common in 'em but they still always looked skinny.

joined Jul 18, 2015

I like something different such as this
YURI IS FOR EVERYONE!

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

we need more plump girls in yuri, and as Nez-chan said don't make them the butt of the joke or for fetish purposes!

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Errr... now that was a bit weird )) ahaha

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Was expecting something... creepier or darker from the violence tag. But this felt more like slapstick comedy than actual violence.

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 11:45AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It'd be nice to see chubby girls in manga that aren't either the butt of all the jokes (like here) or fetish objects (like here). But I doubt I'll see that in my lifetime.

I think I remember reading one here a while back, though I can't remember the title or author. I recall it was quite sweet and cute, though.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Errrr....

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Norainhere posted:

I think I remember reading one here a while back, though I can't remember the title or author. I recall it was quite sweet and cute, though.

There's that one where one of the two main characters is a model so she has to watch her weight and there's some drama between her girlfriend and her because she takes a lot of pleasure watching her girlfriend eat the things she can't while her girlfriend is worrying about her own weight because of her attractive model girlfriend. Can't remember the name of it or anything but that one wasn't really a joke deal and it wasn't really a fetish object thing like this one either.

joined Jan 8, 2016

I liked the part where her being fat was her personality. <3

Didn't expect this from Amano tho

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

What a shame because this had the potential to be pretty cute, and seeing that it was Amano got my hopes up a little. But hey, I guess its too much to ask for fat characters that are, you know, actual characters.

joined Sep 28, 2015

Reading the afterwords, I have a hankering for seeing a chubby top x skinny bottom.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Norainhere posted:

There's that one where one of the two main characters is a model so she has to watch her weight and there's some drama between her girlfriend and her because she takes a lot of pleasure watching her girlfriend eat the things she can't while her girlfriend is worrying about her own weight because of her attractive model girlfriend. Can't remember the name of it or anything but that one wasn't really a joke deal and it wasn't really a fetish object thing like this one either.

That'd be Sweet Exercise also by Amano Shuninta.

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 12:48PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Norainhere posted:

Sweet Exercise, also by Amano as it happens. I read it last night. That one still made the fatter (although honestly she wasn't very chubby at all) into a joke, since when she wasn't dieting she had food all the time. Like where she's complaining about her weight while holding donuts in both hands. Although at least she had a personality outside of "is fat" and her girlfriend seemed to enjoy more than her weight, so it's not so bad as this one.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Dunno what to think about this one....

Except... "okay?"

joined Jun 17, 2014

I liked this one :) very different.
The "i fell* had me dying tho .

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 1:53PM

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

'Violence' . . . .

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

No, I remember the one you're talking about but the one I'm thinking of is different. I do recall the characters were much younger than here, and it definitely wasn't by Amano.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Oh, just when something in my heart died, a new amona shuninta work came. Thanks.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

No, I remember the one you're talking about but the one I'm thinking of is different. I do recall the characters were much younger than here, and it definitely wasn't by Amano.

I remember I remember the one from princess princess right? The lips author.

Edit: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sugar_complex#16

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 3:34PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Closest I know of isn't yuri though, it's . . . hmm, not sure if shoujo or josei now I think on it. Bara no Tame ni, the MC is realistically plump rather than just "worried about her weight for no obvious reason". She does worry about her weight, and some of the other characters give her a hard time about it. But it's not what the story is about, nor does it have much to do with why she doesn't for a long time get anywhere with the male lead (he's seriously depressed over his dead true love, and for good reason because it's clear she was awesome).
It's a good manga. Not completely scanlated (I'd say at least 3/4; we're in the home stretch. Someday . . . ) and the scanlation is by various groups, some using lousy raws and doing a very stilted job. But for me the manga's quality shines through all that--it is in many ways quite an amazing piece of work and I'm always waiting for someone to finish it up.

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 3:35PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

There's Meru from The Feelings We All Must Endure, who seems like a good take.

The thing that bugged me most about this story is it's just not healthy. People come in different weights and some people will naturally be plumper, but constantly eating (or encouraging someone to constantly eat) high calorie foods is another thing entirely.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

There's Meru from The Feelings We All Must Endure, who seems like a good take.

The thing that bugged me most about this story is it's just not healthy. People come in different weights and some people will naturally be plumper, but constantly eating (or encouraging someone to constantly eat) high calorie foods is another thing entirely.

Yeah it would be fun if they had a hearth-attack.

To reply you must either login or sign up.