Forum › Saki discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Being the embodiment of the mountain includes going commando?

Yes.

Yes it does.

Seeing how her hair is floating, it must be pretty windy up there.

And drafty down there.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Being the embodiment of the mountain includes going commando?

It's just another confirmation that underwear does not exist in this universe.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I didn't "miss" the first name basis, but it was confirmed on Hisa's end in Chapter 119, and on Mihoko's end in Chapter 123, so it's not exactly new, and I didn't feel the need to comment on it. That's a good point about Saki, though.

Now we're up to 156. I'm honestly surprised by Mrs. Haramura's personality, since I'd always imagined her to be somewhat strict and at least willing to tacitly agree with her husband (if not all the time), although the size of her breasts is to be expected. Still, it's an interesting look at Nodoka's family situation, and the fact that her parents don't see eye to eye may become relevant later.

As for Mr. Haramura, I hope that the reasoning behind "If you keep moving and have to make new friends at each new school, you end up with more friends in the end" is not the kind of logic he uses in court, since that means that Nodoka will likely not be that close to any of them. It's a nice development that Nodoka's taking umbrage at his suggestion that she wasn't very close with her friends in Nara (long-distance correspondence is difficult to maintain over time), so I wonder if that might mean that Nodoka is taking more of an assertive stance when it comes to having to move.

last edited at Mar 23, 2016 8:45PM by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ultraxioin, please stop posting spoilers before the chapter has been posted on Dynasy. Or if you can't wait, please use spoiler tags.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Well, the melons did not fall far from the tree.

When I saw the title I thought the chapter might be more digging into Saki and Teru's parents, instead it's a fantastically bland Nodoka chapter :(

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Well, I'm glad we got to meet Nodoka's mother.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm glad that Nodoka's mom also thinks her dad is an idiot. Does he correspond with Maki's dad from Love Live! to get parenting tips?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I hope we get to see Nodoka introducing Saki to her mom. It seems like great doujinshi material.

joined Jan 12, 2014

I'm glad that Nodoka's mom also thinks her dad is an idiot. Does he correspond with Maki's dad from Love Live! to get parenting tips?

They are an example of the self-righteous, dumb-prideful, possessive want-everything-my-way stereotype that unfortunately really exists in Japan and are driving the country to the toilet. They use their perceived "power" to try to impose their will on others instead of using some common sense, have low EQ and sometimes low IQ also. /rant

And poor Ritz-sensei. While Shinohayu will continue later next month the one she draws herself is already to be released. No wonder this --> http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch156#3 as a result. No time to finish the drawings... maybe the editor is also someone like Nodoka's dad? xD

Nanofate
joined Sep 10, 2014

Wow...so we finally meet Nodoka's mom and I can definitely see where she got certain...features from. But her personality is definitely one I did not expect. It seems to me that Nodoka inherited her personality from her father, but aside from some of her...looks...what else did Nodoka inherit from her mother?

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Aw man we're going to have to wait through the match for 5th place before seeing the final :((

Also anybody know what kokuma refers to on this page? http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch157#12

Nanofate
joined Sep 10, 2014

Well another chapter has come and gone. But I still eagerly await the finals!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The return of the naked loli!

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

i love this series soooo much! i just finished the nationals and in ep 9 for achiga hen. i want to know everyone's opinion about achiga. do you think they have what it takes to fight kiyosumi? who is your fav achiga player(mine is ako. fudgin kawaii)? and the most important question...do you have a ship in team achiga? ako x shizu lerhaps?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I ship Ako x Sera. :x

Skinship skinship!

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

ako x sera? woah! that's unexpected. i think i saw a glimpse of it in a shizuako doujin. i forgot the name but its there. how about kuro? who do you ship her with?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I shipped Ako and Sera after this exchange happened in the anime:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_achiga_hen_episode_of_side_a_ch15#16
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_achiga_hen_episode_of_side_a_ch15#19
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_achiga_hen_episode_of_side_a_ch15#20

I only have watched Achiga once. So besides the super obvious ones like Ryuuka x Toki and Himeko x Mairu, the only other pair I have is Sumire x Teru.

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

hmm, well, they did "flirt" after the third players match... but funaQ was pretty pissed off about it so i just thought, "hell yeah funaQ is so jelly" but idk... tbh i still much more prefer kiyosumi. dont get me wrong, the cute characters are mostly in achiga(kuro,yuu,ako,arata(shizu...idk)) but i love saki and nodoka too much.
and in regards of shiratodai...hmm...i think sumire x teru could work. but i didn't see much of them in achiga...sumire and teru rarely share a screen together but judging from the hype, something probably happened in the manga.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I know that Arata in Achiga-hen is basically sensei-sexual, but I doubt she'll ever get anywhere with her.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

hmm, well, they did "flirt" after the third players match... but funaQ was pretty pissed off about it so i just thought, "hell yeah funaQ is so jelly"

I actually like that. About the Ako x Sera ship.

but i love saki and nodoka too much.

I do too. They are my favorite pairing in Saki and one of my favorite of all time. I wish there were more doujins and fanfiction of them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My OTP is Shizuno x Ako, I don't care what anyone says. Sera can have FunaQ. Kuro...I never did figure out who Kuro would pair up with. Yuu is kind of siscon, but idk if that's returned.

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

"onee-chan onee-chan!!" kuro just cant stop saying onee-chan for the love of everything good. i think the one who's unclear is yuu because she's in love with everything hot xD aaaaa that pun. anyway, yesterday i was browsing fanfic and found a very, VERY crack-ish pairing(at least in my opinion) kyouko x saki?! i... honestly... ummm... my mind literally went ka boom. what the hell did i missed?! im pretty sure nodoka x saki is basically super canon?!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"onee-chan onee-chan!!" kuro just cant stop saying onee-chan for the love of everything good. i think the one who's unclear is yuu because she's in love with everything hot xD aaaaa that pun. anyway, yesterday i was browsing fanfic and found a very, VERY crack-ish pairing(at least in my opinion) kyouko x saki?! i... honestly... ummm... my mind literally went ka boom. what the hell did i missed?! im pretty sure nodoka x saki is basically super canon?!

Oh, maybe I got the Kuro x Yuu relationship backwards, it's been months since I read it. Plus I'm pretty focused on Shizuno x Ako.

As to Nodoka x Saki, I thought it was blatant and bordering on canon in the manga, but then I watched the anime and found it was even more blatant! It's just ridiculous how obvious they make it that they're gay for each other. I was also kind of surprised to find Nodoka's interest in IPS cells is actually canon. What a gift to yuri fans that is.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Oh, maybe I got the Kuro x Yuu relationship backwards, it's been months since I read it. Plus I'm pretty focused on Shizuno x Ako.

As to Nodoka x Saki, I thought it was blatant and bordering on canon in the manga, but then I watched the anime and found it was even more blatant! It's just ridiculous how obvious they make it that they're gay for each other. I was also kind of surprised to find Nodoka's interest in IPS cells is actually canon. What a gift to yuri fans that is.

I thought Shizuno x Ako was a pretty blatant pairing also, but it was overshadowed by all the other fantastically gay pairings in Side A (they beat you over the head with Ryuuka x Toki and to a lesser degree, Himeko x Mairu).

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And yet, there's very little Side A fanfiction online.

To reply you must either login or sign up.