Forum › Lily Love discussion

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Well that's one way to resolve it, I guess...

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

This series was so cute at the beginning and now it has become so... I can't even find an appropriate word.
She had an abusive boyfriend from whom she was running away. The same boyfriend who tried to kidnap her because he wanted her being only his. And we have to find it funny that he kidnapped the wrong person and therefore he apologized in a 'comical' way? From the very moment that the ex girlfriend appeared this manhwa has had a really boring plot and moreover it has ended like this... Disappointing. Really disappointing.

Anyway, thanks for all your effort in the translation.

Glad somebody else said it so I don't have to.
Apart from not being able to find any sort of consistent mood, a lot of the more light-hearted scenes are just cringe-worthy. I'm trying to get back my original liking for this, but I can't seem to find it.

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Uhm, what just happened. XD;
How incredibly unexpected.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Let's just say that Ratana Satis seems to be bad at drama? Or that it doesn't interest her to go that way. It's always resolved very quickly, no real harm done to anyone and mostly in a light-hearted way.

Probably because she doesn't want to make her characters suffer more than necessary through repeated ordeals.

I saw people fearing that Donut might be raped. For me, from the beginning, it clearly wasn't that kind of manga. It's a comedy about the development of a same-sex relationship. Nothing more.

last edited at Mar 22, 2016 7:58AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I saw people fearing that Donut might be raped. For me, from the beginning, it clearly wasn't that kind of manga. It's a comedy about the development of a same-sex relationship. Nothing more.

exactly

Let's just say that Ratana Satis seems to be bad at drama? Or that it doesn't interest her to go that way. It's always resolved very quickly, no real harm done to anyone and mostly in a light-hearted way.

Probably because she doesn't want to make her characters suffer more than necessary through repeated ordeals.

And she doesn't want to suffer either xD I remember what she told me when she drew Bridesmaid, that she doesn't like to draw drama, because it makes her sad too, but sometimes it's necessery for the story.

last edited at Mar 22, 2016 9:41AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And she doesn't want to suffer either xD I remember what she told me when she drew Bridesmaid, that she doesn't like to draw drama, because it makes her sad too, but sometimes it's necessery for the story.

“In the first act get your principal character up a tree; in the second act, throw stones at [her]; in the third, get [her] down gracefully.”

Just in Lily Love, they're chased up a largish bush, then koosh balls are thrown. but the principle is sound.

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

This series was so cute at the beginning and now it has become so... I can't even find an appropriate word.
She had an abusive boyfriend from whom she was running away. The same boyfriend who tried to kidnap her because he wanted her being only his. And we have to find it funny that he kidnapped the wrong person and therefore he apologized in a 'comical' way? From the very moment that the ex girlfriend appeared this manhwa has had a really boring plot and moreover it has ended like this... Disappointing. Really disappointing.

Like something I would've wrote in middle school :~) Pure literature.
But most of yuri is pretty meh anyway. I set my bars really low when reading yuri if theres some sort of story for it. Usually just enjoy it for the fluff and pure lvoe, almost never have nicely developed characters or too interesting a storyline.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I am mildly conflicted on chapter 21. On the one hand, it really was amusing, on the other, this stalker was being build up as an actual threat for quite some time now, so, for it to end on such a humorous note... it just clashes with the tone of the previous chapters. Not to mention that such an outcome is hardly realistic. "Oh, I kidnapped the wrong person, haha, silly me, let me remove those restraints, my bad." This manga was established as having a realistic setting, so it just seems odd now.

Dtrebolbadluck
%20%c3%93%c3%83%c2%a4
joined Feb 24, 2016

Is like "Oh, sorry, I just took the wrong person, I'll untie you" :v wtf lol so classic

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

I really, really don't know where you put this anymore. At first it seemed like it would be "Kase-san with some more drama" as it was generally a slice-of-life story with hints of things going on and being resolved.

Then I thought it was going to be "Citrus but with limits" when the horrible ex was introduced, and that we'd get some growth for and between the characters.

But now... who knows?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

But now... who knows?

Maybe... just it's own original story :P? Not like Citrus, not like Kase-san but like Lily Love :P?

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Well, how that wrapped up is pretty harmless and cute, it suits the story, even if it stretches credibility.

joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm so sorry that i made you disappointing

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Talk about mood whiplash.

Still I enjoyed the chapter but I can't deny that it bothers me the way they kind of ignored all the stuff Ploy did just because she said sorry. It feels, unearned.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Alextasha posted:

Maybe... just it's own original story :P? Not like Citrus, not like Kase-san but like Lily Love :P?

Everyone knows works can't stand on their own. They can only ever be compared to other works. Lily Love is clearly Citrus-san or something, lol.

mccann posted:

Well, how that wrapped up is pretty harmless and cute, it suits the story, even if it stretches credibility.

I think this chapter is kinda like the ending of Madoka Rebellion. It's actually completely logical if you think about it but people weren't really thinking about it so it ended up being unexpected instead. Also I don't really think stretching credulity is too big a deal anyways, just really depends on the story in question. You wouldn't see people complaining about Voynich Hotel stretching credulity, for example, despite being far far more unrealistic than Lily Love is likely to ever get.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

:( I think it's a very good story!

joined Nov 30, 2011

Kinda glad it didn't get too dark there. I've had enough issues reading stories that started out light-hearted and then randomly turn quite dark and or very serious for a time only to return to the light-heartedness later on. It's kinda jarring. I think this is a fair enough conclusion to the debacle. It seems Ploy has a bit of an abrasive, possibly very selfish personality herself so this is a bit of a two-way street.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

*bodyguard mode on*

CrisGu9, You made my baby feel bad (ง'̀-'́)ง

last edited at Mar 23, 2016 4:57AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't mind at all that this had a lighter, comical ending. It might have been a bit too comical, but the concept is pretty sound.

I'd been thinking it from the start, that what we were seeing of the boyfriend up to that point was a little too over-the-top sinister to really take seriously, and something would happen at the end to stick a pin in that. And well, that's exactly what happened. I'd like to have seen the resolution cover more than one chapter, but whaddaya gonna do?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

"I'm fairly sure this is against the law"
"This is just one big misunderstanding! [...] I took her by mistake!"
Well the lines are kinda funny, but from how the whole tension was built up, it's pretty anticlimactic
Having Mew "snap" and beat him up because he held/literally touched Donut felt really forced too

joined Apr 17, 2015

so,then I draw it ... it's like a comical. If you took the whole truth I believe that ending is not good. And not funny for sure. Thai readers not serious at this point. because they already knew The theme of the story was comedy. I accept all of complain but I draw all I want to. and I never expect all people like my work (I know it's impossible). you have right to read or not if reader had fun with it just you laughing out when you read it for me ,I think it success .

I'll not say anything more.
Because it's not necessary .

Thank you

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I'm not disappointed at all; I love your story telling and art both. Even though you've said before that you're drawing this one mainly for yourself, thanks and thanks some more for drawing it. I haven't commented every chapter, but I've been reading it and loving it from the start.

Having Mew "snap" and beat him up because he held/literally touched Donut felt really forced too

Donut was kidnapped by Ploy's dangerous boyfriend, so Mew is going to be extremely scared and worried. Then they found her safe and sound, so there's an enormous release of tension. And then he grabs her and shoves her roughly forward. In that state, snapping and attacking him doesn't feel even a little unnatural. I don't think it's forced at all.

Edit: I agree that the way this part ended was rather unrealistic, but it was fun and resolved the situation without anything too dark happening, and as rts1519 said, this was always understood to be a comedy.

last edited at Mar 23, 2016 11:41PM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Dang I was hoping this would turn into a yuri version of final fight

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Why do people keep saying Lily Love is a comedy when it has never even been tagged as such? Sure, it is light and has its funny moments, but that doesn't mean that the drama in here is always supposed to end on a happy note. Just sayin.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Suzuma posted:

Why do people keep saying Lily Love is a comedy when it has never even been tagged as such? Sure, it is light and has its funny moments, but that doesn't mean that the drama in here is always supposed to end on a happy note. Just sayin.

You do realize that rts1519 who posted this:

Thai readers not serious at this point. because they already knew The theme of the story was comedy.

Is in fact Ratana herself, right?

To reply you must either login or sign up.