Forum › Chocolat Orange discussion

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Why does she have to be a high school girl? why not a college girl? -.- I feel underrepresented...
Also it's weird to cling to your best friend like that for years >.>

WhisperInTheWind
joined Mar 13, 2016

Why does she have to be a high school girl? why not a college girl? -.- I feel underrepresented...

I know how you feel about the high school girl, i find it so hard these days to find a good yuri/ shoujo-ai manga involving adults. Wish she was also a college to a young adult myself. But being clingy to your Best friend for years is weird? Me and my bff has been inseparable for almost 20 years now. Even though she is engaged with a child and i'm starting out in my career field We do everything together. I dont think its weird for two people, mostly if they see eachothers as almost sisters, to be so close.

36ef96f1e492d1fadf9abf535a02e641
joined Dec 28, 2014

I love it !!! the story is very interesting i'm excited for the next chapter or story i don't know -_-

36ef96f1e492d1fadf9abf535a02e641
joined Dec 28, 2014

I know how you feel about the high school girl, i find it so hard these days to find a good yuri/ shoujo-ai manga involving adults. Wish she was also a college to a young adult myself. But being clingy to your Best friend for years is weird? Me and my bff has been inseparable for almost 20 years now. Even though she is engaged with a child and i'm starting out in my career field We do everything together. I dont think its weird for two people, mostly if they see eachothers as almost sisters, to be so close.

well said :D 10/10

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 1:03PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I'd say something about not accepting chocolate from strangers (especially if she says it'll taste strange) but it was still cute and all worked out in the end, so I guess that's ok?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I really liked it - is it a one shot? I assume so since it doesn't say chapter 1. There were quite a few English errors - also,
If Mikan has loved that shop forever, presumably she buys stuff there a lot - so how come she doesn't recognize the owners daughter who works there?

Amanda%20baptista%20avy
joined Mar 13, 2016

The afterword points out that she was training in Osaka until recently. So her working in her dad's shop is a recent development.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

This looks interesting, hope there's more.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

that credit page, as always

I have to say she has a nice coat... I wonder if she got it from JCpenney. ;)

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I feel like she nabbed Fueko from "What is the Dust that Makes up my world?" by Amano Shuninto. She looks a lot like her*. Now we know poor Fueko has anemia. That's why she's always sleeping. Maybe this is back before she went to college, changed her name to Fueko, and met Asuna!

*on edit, in the first panels she did.

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 3:24PM

joined Jan 4, 2016

she is my all time favourite mangaka

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That was pretty good

joined Aug 16, 2015

The fucking food items in the credits... 10/10

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The fucking food items in the credits... 10/10

Lol :) Had to go back and check - i missed the stuff on the blackboard!

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Meh, I got the feeling OP meant it's weird to keep hanging on to a crush for so long, especially with your best friend who you know is straight and Not Interested. Because that is just plain unhealthy, and I've seen a few people like that in real life who should really try to let go on things that aren't going to happen, ESPECIALLY if the person you like is in a happy relationship elsewhere, but ima gonna stop there before I get into a big old rant haha

This was nice, nothing special, but nice. I do agree with that it would be nicer if she was a college student than a high school student though

Also lol if the MC asked to drop in on the interview only to find that the girl was actually applying to another patissere that day, she defs would've regretted trading coats ha ha ha ha

edit: ok credits page is the best page. no doubt about that, 10/10 A+

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 4:47PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

no no no, I mean cling to the romantic feelings for so long, not being close to the friend!! (like the person above said). But at the same time I was really surprised by how the friend agreed to do it with her so I'm like 'hm, maybe she was giving her mixed signals all this time' still though... >.> I mean Chiyoko is cool and all but it's kind of off putting that she'd be so... weak? I don't know how to describe it...
Also did anyone get the orange 'joke'?!?!?! I don't get it!!!

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 4:57PM

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

When someone suddenly collapses on the street, shouldn't you call 911 (or equivalent of your country) instead of just waiting and hope they will be fine?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

meteor2 posted:

When someone suddenly collapses on the street, shouldn't you call 911 (or equivalent of your country) instead of just waiting and hope they will be fine?

That is what I thought too. Sure she could help her, but I'd call 911 anyway in case there was something really bad with her. I guess if she did it would ruin story since they wouldn't end up talking and we wouldn't get our yuri?

Pls%20dont%20delete%20omf
joined Jan 24, 2016

"100% gay patisserie" nicenice

Ahri_by_kittew-d9c0y0n%20-%20copia
joined Mar 13, 2016

takemiya jin is such a tease with this cute lil stories as one shots (assuming this its another one).
damn.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

chiyoko sounds like choco(late) and a mikan is a mandarin orange.
hence the title.

Panty%20from%20p.s.w.g
joined Jul 10, 2015

Can't wait til the continuation!! XD

joined Mar 8, 2014

chiyoko sounds like choco(late) and a mikan is a mandarin orange.
hence the title.

ohhhhhhhh but I thought mandarins were not oranges...

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 6:48PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"The sweets MIGHT not love me back"

ok...

Very interesting first chapter. It's funny how Takemiya Jin eventually became one of my favourite authors.

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 6:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.