Forum › Graduation Prohibited discussion

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

That was cute and it has a relationship that progresses past high school graduation!

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Reika is such a dick.
But not literally, cause you know that dicks are not allowed here.

last edited at Feb 19, 2016 1:03PM

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

I can sympathise with Reika. I've been the undemonstrative one myself, and the problem is, you don't even realise you're doing it. You just assume everyone else in the world can see through your blank expression and neutral words to what you're feeling, and your focus on what's "within" can make you blind to gestures and symbols that are really important to others. I don't know if it's self-absorption, a failure of manners, a trait that needs fixing or simply the way some of us are.

This has similarities to the one-shot 'Stay Green?'. It makes you wonder whether Ohsawa Yayoi has had any experience of this in previous relationships or if it's just an interesting theme.

Shitsurakuen3avatar
joined Jul 29, 2014

I can sympathise with Reika. I've been the undemonstrative one myself, and the problem is, you don't even realise you're doing it. You just assume everyone else in the world can see through your blank expression and neutral words to what you're feeling, and your focus on what's "within" can make you blind to gestures and symbols that are really important to others. I don't know if it's self-absorption, a failure of manners, a trait that needs fixing or simply the way some of us are.

This has similarities to the one-shot 'Stay Green?'. It makes you wonder whether Ohsawa Yayoi has had any experience of this in previous relationships or if it's just an interesting theme.

Some of us are just really oblivious though, but I can sympathize with not picking up signs like these until the other part gets angry or pushy with you.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

bite

een the undemonstrative one myself, and the problem is, you don't even realise you're doing it. You just assume everyone else in the world can see through your blank expression and neutral words to what you're feeling, and your focus on what's "within" can make you blind to gestures and symbols that are really important to others. I don't know if it's self-absorption, a failure of manners, a trait that needs fixing or simply the way some of us are.

The way I experienced it it's a strange rut you're in, part not noticing it's important or worth the effort to communicate and part having no means at your disposal to communicate. Once you've had the epiphany that it's important, be it simply because someone told you (probably because you've been pissing them off) or because you've had that lightbulb moment on your own, there is no going back to your old ways. When you find yourself not communicating properly you just can't help but think "this isn't really clever and you know better."

There are a few very handy tools to promote noticing like perspective-taking thought experiments, making the habit of mirroring others and asking meaningful questions about how they are perceiving situations. When all is said and done, it's pretty much skills you can learn and automatize, though just going through the motions can be detrimental, too.

All of the above I would phrase differently should this apply to a cognitive-divergent person.

last edited at Feb 19, 2016 2:43PM

joined Aug 10, 2015

bite

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) she wants the B

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I thought it was gonna be a bad end...
Thanks for tugging my heartstrings, Ohsawa-sensei.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

That was an awesome story with everything and a happy end. What more is there to demand other then another chapter with a continuation of those two living together? :)

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

Yep it was cute . Now they can spend every night cuddled together tightly filled with sweet dreams and after thoughts of each kiss they share and ever place each other touched . Let the mind run wild within the breezes of there dreams and wake up to each others morning gazes and exchange the days first kiss before stepping out into the world .

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

Phil

When all is said and done, it's pretty much skills you can learn and automatize, though just going through the motions can be detrimental, too.

Yeah, I've worked in forward-facing roles my whole adult life, so my 'charming retail personality' is quite well-honed. I've not transferred all of those communication skills to personal ends but I have the gist. I think there's a lot to be said for learning set behaviours even if they feel unnatural. They can make life so much easier, spare people a lot of discomfort, and, over time, they become instinctive anyway.

That might have spared Rui a few tears but, at least, Reika got it right by the end. Hopefully, Reika will end up with a bit more repsect for little things, enough to match her grasp of big things like house keys!

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Cute :)

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

Reika is such a dick.
But not literally, cause you know that dicks are not allowed here.

As a fan of futa, I take offense to that.

Anyways, since so many yuri stories are focused on high school-age characters, there's a tendency for them to make irrational, emotionally-fueled decisions. It's a common criticism I've seen in discussions, but I think that people often misunderstand the way these characters are presented. Teenage characters make rash decisions because that's what teenagers DO. The character doesn't have to make the same decisions you would in order for you to understand and even like them.

Luckily, it seems like people are able to sympathize with both Rui and Reika. Which is great. I just want people to keep my point in mind.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

it was mas o menos

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I dont get Reika and her expressionless face
I hate being agonzied over by people with clueless expressions

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Communication is important!!

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

How cute

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

ok but still she should have given her the damn necktie......like cmon

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This was adorable althought the whole time I was expecting for the other shoe to drop and this turn into a heart wrenching drama.

joined Jul 23, 2013

Nice! storyline and very straightforward. One confess to another, they feel the same way, go out and live together. No need for unnecessary struggles or intervention.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Kgaaah! Cute!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Cute, but Reika was kinda rude. When you love someone in that way, you pay attention to them and their feelings.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Nya-chan

Cute, but Reika was kinda rude. When you love someone in that way, you pay attention to them and their feelings.

This. Exactly.
+1

If Reika is one of those people who don't show their emotions by default, she should at least pay attention to the other. She said she liked the blond, but she gave her necktie away so easily. And she just went away with the others to celebrate. If it were me, I'd excuse the 2nd round to the karaoke after the blonde made an expression like that, saying they need to talk.

She's not necessarily in love with the blonde, she's just one of those people who don't give a lot of thoughts to things, and tends to go with the flow in general.
Oh I like her. She seems to like me. I happened to live alone next year. If we're dating, we might as well live together. Its what people who are dating do, right?

Hmmm that lady seriously could have treat miss blonde a lil better so that the other feels her love... I don't know, is miss brunette just the quiet relaxed lover who doesn't feel the need to change the relationship status and live comfortably as she always did with her friend/lover?.... O_o

ADORBZ ANYWAYS

joined Aug 4, 2014

Finally a title with graduation theme that doesn't have angsty ending. Good job, Ohsawa Yayoi.

last edited at Feb 21, 2016 11:44PM

Ss%20(2015-04-13%20at%2009.21.14)
joined May 4, 2015

What a beautiful one-shot. It managed to give way to a happy ending after all the AAAANGST

To reply you must either login or sign up.