Forum › Hana and Hina After School discussion

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Okay, are the japanese ankles made out of wet tissue or what? I've had that kind of accidents happen to me many, many times and at worst it only left me sore for some minutes, never at getting to the point I couldn't walk.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Damn it, Morinaga!

"That's kind of troubling."
"That sort of thing... is weird?"
"Yeah, weird... or even... you know?"
"If she's serious, don't you think it's dangerous?"

NO!!!! It is NOT bloody "dangerous"! Inconvenient, given the culture there, yes. But talking about it like this, it is almost like they are discussing crime.
I actually like angst. But these stock female friends characters that only serve to deliver such lines...

I have noticed that whatever the Japanese word/s is that typically translates to "dangerous" doesn't seem to have quite the same meaning or at least connotations as what we mean when we say "dangerous". Like, it seems like it can include threats to your peace of mind, mental equanimity or such, and in some cases something can even be "dangerous" if it represents temptation to sexy times (that would pull you out of your equilibrium). For instance, the (pretty good but not yuri) manga "3 AM Dangerous Zone" has nothing physically dangerous in it at all.

So IMO very likely when they say "dangerous" they mean something that would represent an unseemly shock to the sensibilities, not a physical hazard.

last edited at Feb 2, 2016 2:38AM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I've never quite wrapped my head around how good Morinaga is with how simple her stuff is. I've yacked about it, come up with various points about all the things she does well, but still it weirds me out; she's like a Taoist master of yuri.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Damn you all, normies! Stop ruining poor Hina-chan's happiness with your conventionalisms!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Let the gay angst begin! >_<

At least it's development! Typical Morninaga angsty development, but still

At least it's not like 50 chapters of angst and no real development like some series.

I can't fathom what series you're talking about.

I think it's Fluttering Feelings.

[hachimitsu_scans]_sweet_magic_syndrome_v01_c07_04
joined Aug 22, 2013

Thank you Yuri Girl 1001 for the hard work!!~ .

I do agree "Sprained ankle" is cliche, but i like the flow of it actually! the follow up was awesome~~ Overall still loving Morinaga's work!! Cant wait for more~~!

last edited at Feb 3, 2016 10:08AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

At least it's not like 50 chapters of angst and no real development like some series.

Or our perennial favorite, the universally beloved Citrus

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Re: Sprained ankles

Japanese girl: Itai! I think I sprained my ankle!
You: oh, I'll go get someone!
Japanese girl (thought): Princess-carry me to the infirmary, baka!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Why do people care so much about cliché? Lol I just want to watch two cute girls fall in love, never mind about the tropes. Morinaga always delivered. Love her.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Okay, are the japanese ankles made out of wet tissue or what? I've had that kind of accidents happen to me many, many times and at worst it only left me sore for some minutes, never at getting to the point I couldn't walk.

paper ankles and water allergies. being japanese must be tough.

joined Feb 28, 2015

Por que no los dos!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Finally. Getting serious. (Just read ch06.) I like this mangaka's work generally, period, but this chapter cemented my interest in this (so far) little series. I don't care for lying, but I enjoyed the intention behind Hana taking the fall for Hina, taking "blame" for the loss. Kinda shows she has her own willpower in a subtle, non-stereotypical way.

Looking forward to the rest.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

This board has the raws for chapters 7-10 if anyone is interested, chapters 7-8 doesn't load for me tho.
p.s.: I'm not sure if it's okay to post link to boards here if it's not I'll edit my post.

last edited at Feb 18, 2016 9:21PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This board has the raws for chapters 7-10 if anyone is interested, chapters 7-8 doesn't load for me tho.
p.s.: I'm not sure if it's okay to post link to boards here if it's not I'll edit my post.

Link should be okay, so long as it's nothing skeevy.

joined Feb 19, 2016

Link should be okay, so long as it's nothing skeevy.

you have to enter here and paste the link of the chapter u want to see in the textbox. all chapters load for me, but dunno japanese to read it :,(

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Nah that's not even 20 chapters.
Great now I'm just really curious what OmegaB had in mind when they said that.
Sasameki Koto? Aoi Hana?

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Morigana a lolicon!!
and morinaga agree it's hard to tell what' yuri or not...

joined Feb 28, 2015

Sasameki Koto? Aoi Hana?

It wasn't just one, it was the many many series that have a habit of drawing things out and constantly bringing the characters closer together then driving them apart only for them to end up together in the last two chapters is a rushed situation.

last edited at Feb 20, 2016 9:21PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well, when I was about the age that these characters are, I sprained my right ankle three times in one year. The first time is was just a normal sprain, but I was told to stay off of it for about a week. The next time it was more of a situation like this where I fell down with someone else. What actually happened to me was that I twisted it again and went down, but hit the legs of the guy next to me and he fell ON TOP of my already twisted ankle. That put me on crutches for a month. The first day back in PE after I got off of the crutches, we played the same game, and the same exact thing happened, putting me back on crutches. All of the ligaments and tendons in that ankle were pretty much trashed that year and now if I twist it it has a momentary twinge and no after effects... Nothing left to hurt... But it is pretty easy to hurt it enough to make walking difficult for the rest of the day... Especially if someone else falls on it.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Sasameki Koto? Aoi Hana?

Or Sisterism altho the amount of fun made it up to me.

tatianasaturno
joined Sep 21, 2014

This explain the dealy:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-21/comic-high-magazine-to-end-in-may/.87334

That's a shame, but at least Hana to Hina is still running

joined Oct 12, 2013

This explain the dealy:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-21/comic-high-magazine-to-end-in-may/.87334

"Amano Shuninta's Last Menhealer"

Anyone else heard about this one before?

joined Jun 12, 2015

This explain the dealy:

It's not yuri.

First 3 chapters:
http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/16424

last edited at May 6, 2016 5:35PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

This explain the dealy:

She's just the artist for that one

To reply you must either login or sign up.