Forum › That one Manga or series you hoped turned into an Anime.

358386-arisato
joined Jan 30, 2016

Was there ever a manga or manga series you wanted to have an anime adaptation.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Half the yuri ones

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Definitely Girlfriends. It's basically the benchmark of yuri. Why it doesn't have an anime and Sakura Trick does baffles me.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Anime is just too often worse than manga...

I've been hoping for Biscuit Hammer for a long time. I heard it was even under consideration but didn't go through.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Was there ever a manga or manga series you wanted to have an anime adaptation.

Do novels count? Because I want a Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash anime.

Otherwise, I really want anime adaptations of Girl Friends, Hanjuku Joshi, sweet guilt love bites, etc.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Swap <-> Swap, Mahjo, Maid Dragon

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

When I found out about the OPM manga, I wanted OPM to have an anime. Then it got one.
Sweet Guilty Love Bites would make an awesome OVA.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

HayateXblade, to mention one that wasn't yet.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Gamma would make a pretty bitchin' anime. Kill La Kill style.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The Real Her... it's not gonna happen. but I would've loved it...

But of any with chances, maybe Swap ⇔ Swap
or Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Gokujo Drops.

Might as well not tie myself down to the possible.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I would love to have What Does The Fox Say? manga turned into an anime. I feel like watching a slice of life anime that's Senien. The last anime that I watched that was slice of life and aimed at adults was Nana.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Super Doctor K,Girl Friends,Yuri Danshi.Yuri Mekuruhibi,CROSS†CHANNEL,Saya No Uta,Ever17,No more Banana for Nana etc

I can keep going on and on all day,and night long.

joined Jan 4, 2014

I echo Girlfriends, but even more would like to see an adaptation of Akiyama Haru's Octave.

If it has to be a schoolgirl setting, apart from Girlfriends, Yuhuko Suzuki's Candy might be nice. In the "somewhat more lewd" arena Hanjuku Joshi has already been mentioned, but Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter by Eiki Eiki could be good too.

Then again, I would probably already be happy if they ever managed to complete the missing pieces of the Sasameki Koto anime (or Aoi Hana for that matter).

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I echo Girlfriends, but even more would like to see an adaptation of Akiyama Haru's Octave.

Yes! Octave has the potential to make an amazing anime! I would love to watch that

last edited at Feb 1, 2016 1:03AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/wife_and_wife

Easiest answer ever. I'd be more than ok with a lot of the choices that were already mentioned though.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

TV series: Girlfriends. (And yes Octave would be nice too)
Movie: Aqua Blue Cinema.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Girl Friends.

Homumug
joined Jan 13, 2015

Suzunari, and Sono Hanabira needs a full anime.

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

I know, being on a site dedicated to yuri I should probably name a title that is slighty more so (not that it didn't contain any of yuri) - but in all honesty I would kill for a proper TV series adaption of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. It's the only manga that I acknowledged as masterpiece till today. And those OVAs were great but not what I call a proper adaption. They were more along the lines of teases of what could have been.

last edited at Feb 1, 2016 4:39PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The Real Her... it's not gonna happen. but I would've loved it...

+100

I wish The Real Her was licensed so I can buy a physical copy of it.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I know, being on a site dedicated to yuri I should probably name a title that is slighty more so (not that it didn't contain any of yuri) - but in all honesty I would kill for a proper TV series adaption of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. It's the only manga that I acknowledged as masterpiece till today. And those OVAs were great but not what I call a proper adaption. They were more along the lines of teases of what could have been.

Have you read Koe no Katachi? It's het romance, but if you're okay with that it's one of the best manga I've read in my opinion. Admittedly, I haven't read Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko before. I might check it out.

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

Have you read Koe no Katachi? It's het romance, but if you're okay with that it's one of the best manga I've read in my opinion. Admittedly, I haven't read Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko before. I might check it out.

I read the oneshot back in the days before it became a serialized manga. But I consciously decided against reading the manga because I absolutely rejected the direction it seem to be taking with forgiving the guy (who freaking ripped out her hearing aid blood and all) and the possibility of them even ending up together. No, sorry - the thought alone still keeps me shaking in disgust - that strong of an impact that scene had on me.

last edited at Feb 2, 2016 11:31AM

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Yuri Danshi or The Real Her and a live drama of Netsuzou Trap.

To reply you must either login or sign up.