Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jan 18, 2016

Could've copied this out of my head "...And it still felt like they were in a relationship. It was obvious from the atmosphere around them."

Wow, this stinks...

--The ending. That was... I feel like if that super depressing moment hadn't happened earlier, that would've been cute. But it did. So this whole thing is just really depressing.

Good job, Ssamba. :'(

Omg. This is so real and terrible feeling. I'm going to have to put this away until next chap. So long. o7 ...

Real and Terrible Feelings. Could totally be a subtitle or an actual title for the previous thirty or so chapters.

last edited at Jan 24, 2016 8:44PM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Why, why why couldn't it been Seola that hears No Rae call out to her in her sleep instead of Enah? Maybe too easy. And who knows, maybe Seola still doubts and still hesitates to express her heart. Anyway, it still kills me.
Thanks so much halmoni!!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Theres just so much angst this chapter it broke my heart. I'm still trying to process my feelings.

Note: Seol-a literally came out to Ina.

last edited at Jan 24, 2016 8:31PM

No2
joined Jan 18, 2016

Yes she diiiiiddd. Sure Enah thought "oh my... I KNEW it". She better go get the stuff to build the bridge between them.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Yes she diiiiiddd. Sure Enah thought "oh my... I KNEW it". She better go get the stuff to build the bridge between them.

Will my dream of them in a hot springs happen? (or it could be a hot tub) There goes my brain again....shame on me.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Wow my heart.. watching Seol-A become softer and more sensitive around No-Rae and leading up to something like her sort of breaking down in front of someone she had negative/mixed feelings about because of No-Rae hurts me inside... ahh...

It's so painful waiting for these chapters once a week just to have these hard feels punch me in the heart all over again. Dang you Ssamba..

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I'd prefer if the insults directed toward me were removed from this thread.

That'd be the job of a moderator.

Here I was thinking mods are here to make sure threads aren't derailed...I must be getting old.

But seriously you can't expect to phrase things in such a patronising manner and expect not to ruffle some feathers. I'm expecting that we're all mature enough to realise actions have consequences. Everyone here needs to tone down the feelings jam a bit.

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

Oh yay, somthing owey gowey. Yay

joined Jan 31, 2015

I for one am getting tired of the unnecessary forced drama between halmoni and Nya-chan. The author obviously is just trying to keep the two of them at each other's throats longer before they can realize their true feelings for each other!

And also, what's up with both Nezchan and kyra showing up at nearly the same time???? Are we expected to believe that this is a mere coincidence?!! Hah! They were obviously there just to advance the plot in an artificial manner! PLOTZ DEVAISU!!!

... Confession next week mebbe? ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

#nyamoni #my-otp #yuri #oh-w8-my-bad-i-meant-shoujo-ai-lolo #dat-catfight-scene-tho

last edited at Jan 24, 2016 10:19PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And also, what's up with both Nezchan and kyra showing up at nearly the same time???? Are we expected to believe that this is a mere coincidence?!! Hah! They were obviously there just to advance the plot in an artificial manner! PLOTZ DEVAISU!!!

Given I'm here pretty much all day (Eastern Time), it's not that much of a shock is it?

joined Jan 31, 2015

You can't convince me, you convenient plot device!

last edited at Jan 24, 2016 10:45PM

joined Nov 18, 2015

I for one am getting tired of the unnecessary forced drama between halmoni and Nya-chan. The author obviously is just trying to keep the two of them at each other's throats longer before they can realize their true feelings for each other!

#nyamoni #my-otp #yuri #oh-w8-my-bad-i-meant-shoujo-ai-lolo #dat-catfight-scene-tho

ahahah i just love this so much ! :D

Back to FF and yes my heart :(
Thanks Halmoni for the fast trad !

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Seriously, whats wrong with this story? I'm so tired of the drama. Halmoni and Nya-chan should just confess already

Hahahhaha sorry, anonymous was being too funny I had to join in

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

haraboji probably had no idea what anonymous was saying lol

last edited at Jan 24, 2016 11:18PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

The author is dragging the story, they need to confess now!
haha funny stuff

Now about the chapter, ah that angst, I felt really emotional for Seol-A, she just can't hold it any longer, she didn't even care it was Enah the one who had to listen all of that. She's so frustated, it hurt me to read that :( and No-Rae is obviously sad too, she got drunk because of that. Please just realize you love each other!
Enah nows already, she has to help. Something is going to happen in this trip, I don't think ssamba can drag it any longer prays

Btw, I really liked this chapter, maybe because it feels like its setting something up.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

anon pls I'd rather kill myself lmao

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I feel like without this chapter setting something up, the flashback of thirty minutes doesn't make sense. I mean, it's funny, and adds a lot of comic relief, but that's the problem.

The chapter would have been a lot stronger to end on Seol-a's face coming to tears, but at the same time that scene would have been a lot weaker with No-rae's flashback scene coming before it instead of after.

Kind of confusing. The last scene ends on a comedic note but overall we're supposed to feel devastated like Seol-a?

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Hey guys,

Group mentality is taking things a little ...far. And off topic. Not everyone in this "drama" is in on the "fun". I don't think this mini thread is funny.

I'm not saying the group is wrong, but collectively it has the bigger voice and the individual...doesn't have much of a chance. It doesn't feel great...is all I'm saying... and if you're part of the group it's easy to keep rolling without awareness...

I agree with what kyra said ...in response... but I don't think the entire message will get home if we put the person on the defensive.

We've got a good, albeit painful, chapter here, so let's get back to FF. Please. Even the plot device comments, however true or jocular--it's a touchy subject right now. Hopefully, time will make it less so.

It would be cool if people just replied to comments on the chapter or took a deep breath until next chapter. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

...Anyway, I'm really looking forward to (inner) thoughts from No-rae. Or, seeing them just talk. Really talk. I think there are many possibilities for next chapter, but I mainly just want someone to save Seol-a from drowning.

P.S. Actually going to bed now.

Z2maxwb
joined Apr 22, 2015

Now about the chapter, ah that angst, I felt really emotional for Seol-A, she just can't hold it any longer, she didn't even care it was Enah the one who had to listen all of that. She's so frustated, it hurt me to read that :( and No-Rae is obviously sad too, she got drunk because of that. Please just realize you love each other!
Enah nows already, she has to help. Something is going to happen in this trip, I don't think ssamba can drag it any longer prays

Btw, I really liked this chapter, maybe because it feels like its setting something up.

I knooooooowwwwwww
It hurts soo much to see Seola stress her self out
In my opinion, I agree with Seola about Norae who never showed her feelings toward Seola while Seola always being her confidence and straight forward self
It's make sense when finally Seola misunderstood everything and then spill everything in front of Enah
My poor Seola baby
Just come to mama here :3
But yassssss I know something good will come like very very soon
This coincidence thing will bring a great thing to our Seolrae ship
CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

joined Nov 30, 2011

Still feels like we're getting waaay tooo much of Seol-a's point of view here. I'd like to see more of No-rae's. Also, I hope this explains more of what made No-rae cry her heart out and then run to Australia. That flashback of her and her ex's relationship was underwhelming and really didn't have any emotional impact imho. I was expecting a lot more out of it but no, not a whole lot really happened in those scenes that sold me on them having a great relationship. Hell, those brief pictures Seol-a saw did more to show me how close the two were than the flashbacks. I also think they never really had closure and the resort will be a confusing mess of emotions in which the ex tries to date No-rae again and No-rae tumbles for a second and then lets him down....hopefully without the need for a bat.

Also, I enjoy seeing Ina being silly and goofy than the calm and cool boss lady we saw in the previous chapters. I wonder how she'll handle all this drama she literally watched unfold before her.

It seems that No-rae is really scared that Seol-a will leave her. I get the distinct feeling that the ex will continually "bump" into No-rae by coincidence and taking up her time. Seol-a will be left alone with Ina and we'll see some heart to heart but, unless Ina directly interferes, I suspect that Seol-a will up and leave without telling No-rae and No-rae gets scared shitless by it and chase after Seol-a. (Best guess¯_(ツ)_/¯.)

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 12:50AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I had written a somewhat agressive post here, but I had second thoughts and deleted it. I'll be a grown up before it devolves into a useless catfight

However, I will continue to write what I think about this story here eventually.

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 1:55AM

No2
joined Jan 18, 2016

I suspect that Seol-a will up and leave without telling No-rae and No-rae gets scared shitless by it and chase after Seol-a.

I thought the same. Why? because I've been in similar situation and the pain you feel is just ridiculous and you only want to get the fuck out of there.

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 1:53AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

last edited at Feb 1, 2016 11:22AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Nya-chan

I had written a somewhat agressive post here, but I had second thoughts and deleted it. I'll be a grown up before it devolves into a useless catfight

However, I will continue to write what I think about this story here eventually.

THANK YOU for finally taking that first step to stop the fight.
Everyone who was involved before please do the same.

My eyelids can't even hold themselves up right now after a busy day outside, so please excuse my scattering thoughts and bad wording below. I just want to release my thoughts about the chapter and go to sleep peacefully

More parallels came into focus in this chapter.
So last week's chapter we had Seol-a turned away from No-rae and Sung Pyo (ch 60) just like how No-rae left Seol-a and her old friend from middle school (ch 27). I noticed Sung Pyo's happy expression was exactly like Seol-a's back then. With No-rae's timid personality, seeing Seol-a's happy expression for other men made her jealous and realized she liked Seol-a, but then at the same time reinforced the impossibility of being with Seol-a so she ran away. This time we have Seol-a ran into similar situation but only saw her ex's happy expression instead of No-rae's. Seol-a who has always been confident but because of her tormented unsure love now even overanalyzed and thought No-rae must've looked happy as well. We also know Seol-a asked herself the same question just like No-rae did (why am i so concerned about that person all the time? it's frustrating when they don't even care).
So it's a strong possibility that Seol-a will run away just like No-rae did back then (as Random Reader and pulpolar guessed). Or we might finally have a breakthrough that breaks the cycle, and they will finally realize they belong to each other.

We can only find out next week.

P.S. All those feelings mentioned above I have gone through in real life before. Samba must've gone through them herself, or she must've been the third person who listened to both person (like Ina lol). Every emotion she portrayed just felt so real.

last edited at Jan 25, 2016 3:14AM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Seconding what ffins07 said, I'm sure it's not anyone's intent but some of the last few posts feel like an unfair pile-on onto one person. And I know halmoni's late response post was probably her being super snarky as per usual but at least to me, the tone of that particular post came across as pretty harsh/mocking.

I still disagree with Nya-chan's assessment of the quality of FF's storytelling, and took issue with 1) they initially seemed to be framing themselves as a lone voice against an establishment of a mindless, non-critical mass of FF fans 2) a lot of the things they presented as writing/literary flaws, I see as being as a matter of storytelling preference. But, in their last 2 long posts they more clearly explained where they were coming from and showed at least they're invested in the story and that their criticism comes from that, rather than being negative just for kicks (which is what a lot of their previous posts came across as). Which I appreciated. It would be nice if things would go back to that type of productive discussion, instead of reverting to drama after one old post showed up again.

@Nya-chan

What I think about the current chapter? Useless. Seol-a is still at the "what is this feeling?" stage? After nearly confessing? It took a huge step backward.

As a functional part of the story arc, it's not useless, it's obviously setting up Enah to facilitate the good ship Seolrae in some way. As for it being a step backwards, well, how do you know that the confession at that time would have led to progress for the the relationship? Plus stories with no ups and downs are boring :) But also, even though the literal text is "what is Kim No-rae to me," given the context this isn't a rehash of "is what I'm feeling love or friendship," Seol-a definitely knows her feelings are of the romantic kind. Ssamba is highlighting Seol-a's increasing heartache/frustration and showing that's she's reaching a breaking point, i.e. what is Kim No-rae to make me feel this miserable/make me act this way, and (this is more conjecture on my part) "is it worth it?"

My prediction is that Seol-a will go cool off somewhere, and Enah, now with more awareness of the situation, will nudge No-rae to reflect more on her feelings and act on them. At least I'm hoping for more No-rae POV going forward.

Next it will probably go fast forward. The pace is all over the place, in my opinion.

Okay, the above is the type of thing that makes it seem like you're looking for a fight, even if that's not your intention. How are people supposed to discuss/respond to this? You know that multiple people have said that they enjoy the pacing and find it realistic, and this definitely won't change their mind. If anything people will chime in in defense of FF. Or are you hoping to find others who agree with you? I'm sure many do, but a bunch of people posting "yeah! Ssamba is so bad at pacing!" doesn't make for a great discussion either.

idk, it would be more interesting to me to hear what kinds of scenarios would work better for you pacing-wise, what you wish would happen in the next chapter, etc. Just my onion.

@Tiger

Man, it makes me want to learn Korean. It's got an alphabet and everything, so reading would be easier.

I'm probably not the best person to comment on this as my Korean is embarrassingly basic, but you could probably learn to read/write in just a few days because hangul (the alphabet) is really intuitive and awesome. But for actually understanding what you're reading, learning the grammar and vocab would take as much time and effort as with any other language. Though I guess the rules are probably more consistent than in English.

BUT Korean comics seem to take themselves a lot more seriously, and I like that. Thoughts?

Not sure what you mean by seriously here? :O

To reply you must either login or sign up.