Forum › Their Story discussion

joined Sep 4, 2014

Qiu Tong said she had someone she liked. Guess it wasn't Sun-jing.

Oh damn, you right. Aw maaan, I guess it's not all smooth sailing like I thought TT - TT

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, if she has someone she likes, it makes sense that she doesn't want Sun-jing to think she keeps her around as a backup in case it doesn't work with that person. So Qiu Tong is between a rock and a hard place. The usual "I must reject her, but I still want her as a friend, because I like her, just not in that way". Yet.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

As a person who is native to Chinese and proficient in English, I would say the translation was quite accurate. So in Chinese, we have a saying that one person being a "spare tire", which means that a girl would not reject her pursuer, instead just keep him hanging so she could always go back to him if she could not get her first-choice. Basically a BackUp Guy.

What Qiu Tong was saying was that she did not want Sun Jing to be her spare tire, so it was a clear rejection. Sun Jing did not care if she was treated like a spare time or not. She just wanted to be with her.

I am surprised that Tan Jiu is a girl. The way she goes about the story is just too awkward. Yaoi, Qi Fang and the confessions... And the inconsistent personalities of the characters. You can blame the translation, but I can't.

Thanks for shedding some light on the original dialogue. Her reaction makes much more sense now.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kirrba posted:

Qiu Tong said she had someone she liked. Guess it wasn't Sun-jing.

Oh damn, you right. Aw maaan, I guess it's not all smooth sailing like I thought TT - TT

I was talking with a friend and he said "It was assumed that she said that just to tease SJ who cheated on the game" and that leaves me like "...Oh!" because if you think about it, fictional characters don't lie often unless they're tsunderes or obviously joking/being sarcastic so the idea hadn't crossed my mind.

So now I'm reading that part again... brb

Okay am back, here http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/their_story_02082015_update#11 and then http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/their_story_02082015_update#13 when she (Qiu) realizes that she is serious about it

Oooh...
Is a valid theory, or maybe I just want to believe it

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Damn, why couldn't it stay smooth, easy and drama free till the end...

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Because ALL Artists are sadists in their hearts

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Because ALL Artists are sadists in their hearts

"The writer’s job is to get the main character up a tree, and then once they are up there, throw rocks at them." --anon

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Oooh...
Is a valid theory, or maybe I just want to believe it

I actually think it's a sound theory. But there's no telling yet if it's correct.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I'm only about 2/3 of the way through, update 02/08/15, but to me this seems like a better version of Fluttering Feelings. Nothing against FF, I love it to death, but this just seems...smoother. It also looks like there may be angst to come, so I can't say it's because it's just fluffy happy.. Maybe I'll change my mind if there's no angst after all, but so far I'm loving this to bits.

Now to binge the rest!

Edit: And now a cliffhanger! It's so cruel! Please show me what happens next!! cry

last edited at Jan 6, 2016 1:25AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm only about 2/3 of the way through, update 02/08/15, but to me this seems like a better version of Fluttering Feelings. Nothing against FF, I love it to death, but this just seems...smoother. It also looks like there may be angst to come, so I can't say it's because it's just fluffy happy.. Maybe I'll change my mind if there's no angst after all, but so far I'm loving this to bits.

Now to binge the rest!

They're very different tho
Their Story has more comedy and fillers, and feels more like a slice of life with sometimes plot
FF takes its time building the relationship up

I love both to be honest, I'd rather not compare them to determine which is the "better version".
Both authors have diff storytelling styles and I think that both stories are unfolding wonderfully

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

They're very different tho
Their Story has more comedy and fillers, and feels more like a slice of life with sometimes plot
FF takes its time building the relationship up

I love both to be honest, I'd rather not compare them to determine which is the "better version".
Both authors have diff storytelling styles and I think that both stories are unfolding wonderfully

I'll agree with you for in general. FF has neither of them knowing their feelings right away, while Their Story has an apparent (but perhaps not!) one-sided crush, and the pace is faster.. Comparing them probably isn't a very good thing to do, and I don't mean to denigrate one over the other.. I suppose I only was trying to point out the difference in the way the plot "flows" between each story.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Sun Jing should have asked if she had any chance in the future... or if Qiu Tong would consider it... >.>

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

With the new update I can only say "yare yare daze...."

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Where's the fun in that? And it's a happy end anyway, so the drama only spices things up.

And here Qiu Tong goes pu tong again? If she only likes Sun Jing as a friend, she should see a cardiologist.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Where's the fun in that? And it's a happy end anyway, so the drama only spices things up.

And here Qiu Tong goes pu tong again? If she only likes Sun Jing as a friend, she should see a cardiologist.

I was thinking the same. Though I feel the cuteness amped up from the last update. Sure Qiu Tong isn't hella gay for Sun Jing, she might want to try telling her heart that!

joined Mar 8, 2014

I don't know!! Qiu Tong is weird... >.> maybe she's never been in love before... But we still don't know!! who is it that she likes?! was that all a lie to get Sun Jing's attention?! O_O

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Yeah I'm really curious now who it is she likes. Ahh, so angsty but I love it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

confused1203 posted:

There's always the posibility that she was lying

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

confused1203 posted:

There is, but she wasn't blushing in front of Sun Jing when she answered that. She was just kind of quiet, or she was really good at hiding her feelings then.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Well, to be fair, there is that crying picture.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

confused1203 posted:

There is, but she wasn't blushing in front of Sun Jing when she answered that. She was just kind of quiet, or she was really good at hiding her feelings then.

Just checked out that strip and yeah, I think she might have been, to tease Sunjing's curiosity and all
That reminds me, that when Qiutong's dad called and she lied when she said she was gonna eat with her friend that evening, to not make him feel bad for not coming home earlier
Qiutong's a considerate girl, as we can tell by the latest strip.
She feels really awkward, but doesn't want Sunjing to feel bad, and pays extra attention to the people around her. She's a sweet kid

joined Mar 8, 2014

What's up with this new chapter? -.- Really, no words.

Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

The new chapter really broke the flow of the story, though it was funny.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yaoi is back... :D

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 10:32AM by Nezchan

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Finally caught up after my laptop broke Dx

Surprised people forgot about Qiu Tong saying she liked someone and then when they remembered assuming it was someone else. I assumed she was just overwhelmed or something and panicked :s Everyone making me doubt myself ;_; Pls no drama... Everyone still adorable... Yaoi a nice break though, don't wanna get too overloaded.

To reply you must either login or sign up.