Forum › how do yall get a girlfriend?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

but I do think that if she reads yuri, she maybe at least a little interested in women. Like a man reading yayoi (yuck .. >.<) I guess.

For the record, don't use that as proof.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought it said yaoi. A man is clearly gay if he's into Yayoi.

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 2:22PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I just realized I misspelled thanks to your comment =.= I meant yaoi. Well I do not use it as a proof, I just suggested that a girl reading yuri might be a little interested in girls, same thing for a man reading yaoi, I never meant (s)he'd be 100% completely gay.

MB if you misunderstood.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Edit: Nevermind, I thought it said yaoi. A man is clearly gay if he's into Yayoi.

Poor Yayoi.

Cooldudeshitlord
Tumblr_inline_mmx1mincnm1qz4rgp
joined Nov 15, 2014

update: apperently she has a boyfriend. a mutual friend told me today. fuck. well there that goes. since i cant use the lesbian dating app yet due to shit phone, and there aint no eligable ladies in my vicinity, im gonna hit omegle. back in the day i used to go on some fandom tags on omegle, and i met a LOT of cute girls that way. we never kept in touch, but still. if you need me im gonna be on the homestuck tag telling jokes.

thanks for all the advice yo

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

I met my fiancee on an irc network for the brony fandom. I've since left said fandom. Regardless, we kinda created our own place and found love. Then again, we're both trans women but we're very much a lesbian couple.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

update: apperently she has a boyfriend. a mutual friend told me today. fuck. well there that goes. since i cant use the lesbian dating app yet due to shit phone, and there aint no eligable ladies in my vicinity, im gonna hit omegle. back in the day i used to go on some fandom tags on omegle, and i met a LOT of cute girls that way. we never kept in touch, but still. if you need me im gonna be on the homestuck tag telling jokes.

thanks for all the advice yo

Still, I'd advise you to stay friend with her. Just because she has a boyfriend doesn't mean she's suddenly boring or anything.

Someone close from you who likes yuri and who you can talk about it isn't easy to come by, trust me.

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 4:13PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Still, I'd advise you to stay friend with her. Just because she has a boyfriend doesn't mean she's suddenly boring or anything.

Someone close from you who likes yuri and who you can talk about it isn't easy to come by, trust me.

Indeed, if you stop being friends with her over that, it just illustrates that you were only interested in what you could get from her and that you don't think her friendship was worth much to start with. Which is kind of a scummy thing to do.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Indeed, if you stop being friends with her over that, it just illustrates that you were only interested in what you could get from her and that you don't think her friendship was worth much to start with. Which is kind of a scummy thing to do.

Calling it scummy, I think that's a bit harsh ... First we don't know the circumstances nor her feelings. She should stay friends with her indeed, but sometimes you can't stand being just friend w/ someone you like or even love (even if it doesnt look like it's her case) ... I think.

But we don't know anything 'bout her life so, to my mind, we're not in position to jump in conclusions, only in a position to advise her.

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 5:37PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

being just friend w/ someone you love

Just from reading this thread, love might be a pretty big word.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Reading this thread kinda reminded me of Husky and Medley. Good excuse as any to re-read the series! But yeah, unrequited love (or just crushes) suck.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Reading this thread kinda reminded me of Husky and Medley. Good excuse as any to re-read the series! But yeah, unrequited love (or just crushes) suck.

It reminded me Honey &Honey for some reason, perhaps because it's about real-life things, just like Husky and Medley .
But I'd wish her an ending like Husky and Medley, not like Honey & Honey.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Utoptia posted:

It reminded me Honey &Honey for some reason, perhaps because it's about real-life things, just like Husky and Medley .
But I'd wish her an ending like Husky and Medley, not like Honey & Honey.

Yeah. Husky and Medley are coming up on their 8th anniversary this year!

machigai kouhai Uploader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Utoptia

Calling it scummy, I think that's a bit harsh ... First we don't know the circumstances nor her feelings. She should stay friends with her indeed, but sometimes you can't stand being just friend w/ someone you like or even love (even if it doesnt look like it's her case) ... I think.

I don't think it's harsh to use scummy. It's good that that is being pointed out to Cooldudeshitlord because many people don't learn this for a looong time. Essentially Cool is using that person and not seeing them as a whole, but only a part for Cool's own purposes.

@ Cooldudeshitlord

Never assume that because you message someone via social media, text, or email and they don't answer right away that it is a bad thing. It's a DAY, not weeks or months or years. No need to freak about it. People aren't obligated to answer you right away nor are you obligated to answer them right away either.

Cooldudeshitlord
Tumblr_inline_mmx1mincnm1qz4rgp
joined Nov 15, 2014

Utoptia

I don't think it's harsh to use scummy. It's good that that is being pointed out to Cooldudeshitlord because many people don't learn this for a looong time. Essentially Cool is using that person and not seeing them as a whole, but only a part for Cool's own purposes.

@ Cooldudeshitlord

Never assume that because you message someone via social media, text, or email and they don't answer right away that it is a bad thing. It's a DAY, not weeks or months or years. No need to freak about it. People aren't obligated to answer you right away nor are you obligated to answer them right away either.

woah, this thread blew up. first of all, we werent really friends in the first place. i want to tho (though a foray into the realm of a romantic relationship would be preferred), , but we never get a chance to talk. we used to be in the same biology class, as previously mentioned, and i only really talked to her in the last week of the semester. a week of talking about yuri and comics in a one-hour class period aint exactly enough to warrant being friends, i think. i mean, at the end of the year, i gave her my email (for lack of better option bc she didnt have skype), and she never messaged me. to be fair, nobody except penis-enlarging med companies and nigerian princes uses email, am i right.

anyway, i must attend to my mac & cheese. its 3 am, im putting off doing some homework, and i wanna watch some more octodad letsplays.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Utoptia

@ Cooldudeshitlord

woah, this thread blew up. first of all, we werent really friends in the first place. i want to tho (though a foray into the realm of a romantic relationship would be preferred), , but we never get a chance to talk. we used to be in the same biology class, as previously mentioned, and i only really talked to her in the last week of the semester. a week of talking about yuri and comics in a one-hour class period aint exactly enough to warrant being friends, i think. i mean, at the end of the year, i gave her my email (for lack of better option bc she didnt have skype), and she never messaged me.

anyway, i must attend to my mac & cheese. its 3 am, im putting off doing some homework, and i wanna watch some more octodad letsplays.

Didn't mean to come across as rude Cool. Not my intention. But just figured I'd let ya know that them not getting back to you on any platform of communication was not a bad thing.

to be fair, nobody except penis-enlarging med companies and nigerian princes uses email, am i right.

/sarcasm ?? O_o

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

to be fair, nobody except penis-enlarging med companies and nigerian princes uses email, am i right.

/sarcasm ?? O_o

yes haha, she's being sarcastic
But as much as it's an extreme, it's true that not many people use e-mail as a direct/prioritised way of communication

last edited at Jan 12, 2016 3:29AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

At the beginning of last semester, I spotted a girl I thought was cute, but didn't go out of my way to approach her, didn't want it to seem forced and awkward.
Eventually did speak to her and had an actual conversation near the end of the semester, she turned out to be pretty chill, spoke to her and hung out 2-3 during winter break, found out that she's bi.
Went out for a drink on friday, made out.
Not a girlfriend ending in this exact context, because we talked about it afterwards and she made clear she didn't want a relationship (not that I asked her out or anything, I just really wanted to kiss her), but getting a girlfriend should be somewhere along those lines.
Meet people, hang out, get to know them, find out their sexual orientation, try to figure out if they'd be interested, ask them out, whatever.
Think things through, take risks, live with them.
Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty awkward when I'm nervous (the first 1-2 times I spoke to her I found myself stuttering a lot) and I overthink and I'm anxious all of the time, but take risks. For example, when you're a girl, being touchy feely is pretty okay. Sit closer, hug her, lean on her shoulder, kiss her on the cheek, on the head, whisper in her ear, cuddle, whatever. (Hmm I guess I call it "taking risks" but I guess do play by a certain safety line, seeming ambiguously flirty rather than have it be blatantly obvious)
Read their response and react accordingly. At worse, you gain experience, and you'll get it better next time. No matter what happens, you'll definitely get over it in time.

last edited at Jan 17, 2016 6:30AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

how do yall get a girlfriend?

• looks around *

Apparently I don't.

joined May 23, 2015

You mean they don't come standard with being part of the site staff?!

To reply you must either login or sign up.