Forum › Bokura no Hentai discussion

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Yeah one is from Mermaid Line, I forgot it was two-part, but I remember there is a oneshot too, I think the story was basically a narration about a couple and how they saved money to pay for a surgery for one of them, I think only near the end it make clear the cirurgy was MtF transition and only in the last page we see the couple faces after the transition, it's pretty much all I remember.

last edited at Dec 27, 2015 7:16PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah one is from Mermaid Line, I forgot it was two-part, but I remember there is a oneshot too, I think the story was basically a narration about a couple and how they saved money to pay for a cirurgy for one of them, I think only near the end it make clear the cirurgy was MtF transition and only in the last page we see the couple faces after the transition, it's pretty much all I remember.

I'm pretty certain that's not on the reader. Doesn't sound familiar at all.

Also, "surgery".

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Rosenakahara posted:

You know I liked this a whole lot better when it was about a trans girl who had a nice supportive girlfriend and i could ignore the plotline in the background, the manga i just described above will never happen though

Except it already did

fuuuuuuuuck
I got these two mixed up, no really I dont know how but i forgot they were separate things.

last edited at Dec 27, 2015 6:58PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh yeah, Kyou Kara is another story of a kinda-sorta realistic trans character, although she exists in kind of a wtf story.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Oh yeah, Kyou Kara is another story of a kinda-sorta realistic trans character, although she exists in kind of a wtf story.

I noticed, reason i dropped it a while ago, and botan is still a bitch, dont care what anyone says, you can forgive her being involved in an affair earlier but not the shit she pulled after.
Seriously though I would like a trans character in a story that isnt bad (imo anyway)

last edited at Dec 27, 2015 7:10PM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Nezchan posted:

Yeah one is from Mermaid Line, I forgot it was two-part, but I remember there is a oneshot too, I think the story was basically a narration about a couple and how they saved money to pay for a cirurgy for one of them, I think only near the end it make clear the cirurgy was MtF transition and only in the last page we see the couple faces after the transition, it's pretty much all I remember.

I'm pretty certain that's not on the reader. Doesn't sound familiar at all.

Also, "surgery".

Yeah surgery, I knew I had a word wrong, it's fixed now.

I'm also not sure if it's uploaded here, I read it years ago so if it's not here only other place I could have read would be Mangafox and Mangahere, years ago I had a look at all manga they had tagged as yuri and shoujo ai to see what was not uploaded on Dynasty, maybe Danbooru but I'm pretty sure it had typeset so I doubt it was there, it would be a little hard to find it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nezchan

To be honest, I'd be surprised if much crossdressing manga was authentic to what actual crossdressers experience than futa is a reflection of trans or intersex people. Indeed, is there any crossdressing manga that has a very sensitive approach to the subject, or is it pretty much all comedy and fetish?

Juukyuusai no seifuku?

The crossdressing guy seem to have a reason to crossdress.

I found him a believable crossdresser with a psychological reason behind it.

And he's a genuine crossdresser, not a transgender.

last edited at Dec 30, 2015 4:23PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

As long as people are sharing trans-focused manga, here's one of my favorites: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_flower

The thing is, in most manga, like "the flower", MtF are undistinguishable from females and are almost always beautiful (if they are a main character and are not played for comedy)

Reality doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

last edited at Dec 30, 2015 4:28PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The thing is, in most manga, like "the flower", MtF are undistinguishable from females....

Oh. Oh dear.

That's unfortunate phrasing.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In terms of trans characters' looks though, manga rarely seems to take the middle road. A couple, like the Mermaid Line story or Double House, try to, but often it's either "stunning beauty" or "Mike Tyson in a dress" with little aside from either extreme. Which is why I generally don't trust manga artists and writers to get sensitive subjects like these (among others) anywhere near right.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The thing is, in most manga, like "the flower", MtF are undistinguishable from females....

Oh. Oh dear.

That's unfortunate phrasing.

Well, I think you got what I meant. Mangakas just draw a beautiful female character and say "this is/was a boy". The flower is a perfect example. There's nothing in the middle.

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

Well, I think you got what I meant. Mangakas just draw a beautiful female character and say "this is/was a boy". The flower is a perfect example. There's nothing in the middle.

I think mangakas have a hard time depicting non-perfect-looking people in general.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think mangakas have a hard time depicting non-perfect-looking people in general.

Nevar 4get

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Why single out the manga artists? Every piece of media is the same, that is just as the market is, nearly all the audience wants to see idealized characters.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Why single out the manga artists? Every piece of media is the same, that is just as the market is, nearly all the audience wants to see idealized characters.

Some popular European tv series have very ordinary looking people. Or even ugly sometimes.

It's mostly in the US that everyone is a model.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Some popular European tv series have very ordinary looking people. Or even ugly sometimes.

It's mostly in the US that everyone is a model.

Eh, is the same on US tv series. For every 10 series with models you get one or two with ordinary/ugly looking people.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

This was so cute I'm gonna die... all of my trans children getting along and being supportive I'm so happy :') This chapter was such a blessing~

Only one of them is a trans though.

I used it as an umbrella term. Only one is binary trans yes, but almost all the characters have some form of gender going on, and they are all supportive in each others' interest in exploring their own gender, which is why I was so happy. Especially in this chapter with Tamura supporting Natsume, and then having fun all together dressing fem without really trying to pass. To me it seems like they are beginning to really accept this as a part of their identity now, and not just as a hobby. I'm sorry, just as trans person its reading more and more on the spectrum of non-binary trans rather than just crossdressing. At least for Natsume. Tamura... still has a lot to sort out.

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 1:46AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ch 38 out. So Marika gives up on Parou, but Tomochi x Marika?!? Not my preferred pairing.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

Ch 38 out. So Marika gives up on Parou, but Tomochi x Marika?!? Not my preferred pairing.

I want them together

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Wow..I'd suggest not marathoning this whole series in a single day if you just stumble on it like I did. My head's a rollercoaster of emotions right now.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

It's probably not meant that way but I'd like to think Tomocchi said "no" when prompted by Akane because she said Yuuta, and the one he likes is Marika.

My Neighbor Momiji
Cc14807591971a476eef84c6a8b71c6e
joined Jan 12, 2016

It's probably not meant that way but I'd like to think Tomocchi said "no" when prompted by Akane because she said Yuuta, and the one he likes is Marika.

I wouldn't really put that past him, considering how he's always called her Marika even before everyone else.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think that's the case too. He said "no" because she mentionned Yuuta and not Marika.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Especially since later he told Marika to think on her own whatever his confession was serious or not and was ok when Marika asked if she can reply later.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Somehow, I don't like chapter 40.

Marika saying she's a guy and winning a cross-dressing contest? It's totally out-of-character. She's a girl and she's not crossdressing. And everyone goes along with that.

But we got to see Tomochi being jelly.

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 2:50PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.