Forum › Greatest Yuri Confession Scenes

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So here's the question for you fine people and things that are also people, in your eyes what are your top five favourite confession scenes in yuri? Doujinshi count as well, so not just official work.

Mine, in no particular order, are:

1. The Real Her
  2. Pierce
  3. Prism
  4. Kase-san
  5. I'll Send Her Home On the Last Train

So, what's yours?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I guess my all-time favorite is Cirque Arachne's. FeelsFills me with fuzzy feelings everytime. I'll agree with you on The Real Her. Also, One Who Depicts Love and Not for Sale's.

ED'ed for embarassing typo.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 4:45PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

1- The confession of Akko in Girlfriend. Less angsty than Mari's one.
2- Prism
3- Fragtime
4- Kimi Koi Limit

And surely other I will find later.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I don't know if I would consider it one of the greatest and I'm not really inclined to make a list but Lip-Service Woman and the Impregnable Maiden's confession scene is quite memorable.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Skipping the whole build up on Shinobus character since most of you guys probably know the series far too well but it was still a very powerfu scene that turned the tides of the story...

Chapter 7, P. 22

It's mutual, thank god

This one is pretty good too

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 2:12PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I guess my all-time favorite is Cirque Arachne's. Feels me with fuzzy feelings everytime.

I was totally debating whether to go with Cirque Arachne, but Last Train won out in the end. It's still a great scene.

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

1) Smiling Broadly This felt nice as it seemed like a type of angst fueled from frustration rather than fear of rejection.
2) Love My Poem It's nice to see a heartfelt and timid confession followed by, "Yeah, and?"
3) Concerto Not even sure if this is a confession per se, but it was a way of expressing her feelings in a unique way.
4) Eternal Girls I like the use of Kaguya and Mokou as a means of exploring affection in the context of immortality. I feel like this doujinshi did a good job of capturing the loneliness aspect of eternity.
5) Unchanging Days I liked that after the confession, both characters were so unprepared for mutual feelings that they just seemed to not know what to do next.

Special Mention: Something Like KagaMoko 2 As I mentioned, Kaguya and Mokou make for fun explorations, and this was fun as a "What if Yandere-chan could kill Senpai as many times as she wanted?" Not a traditional confession, but I almost think it is in the greater context.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh right Triangle Struggle so... cute?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I can't really think of any at the moment, but thanks to everyone for making a list of yuri on the site to re-read!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Unchanging Days is a good one, and was on my long list along with Girl Friends, Cirque Arachene and the second story in Concerto. I love how overdramatic it all was, and then just sort of fell back to Earth.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, one I did miss was Let's Call it Love, probably my favourite K-ON doujin.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The confession in Fluttering Feelings!

Oh.. wait.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Kobayashi no maid dragon, so casual and yet so cute from those two. :3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

When you think of it, roughly 1/2 of Girl Friends was one long confession scene.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

In no particular order:

'I Love You' yori Aishiteru
I like how Kazumi changed her mind after seeing Risa's expression.

Wife and Wife
Kina's reply pretty much put this as special to me.

Honey Crush
Bittersweet, but it works well here.

Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Really like the subtlety here.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Really like the subtlety here.

Dat grin. XD

Totally should have considered that.

Hkjmgjk
joined Jan 20, 2015
  1. Kase-san
  2. I'll Send Her Home On the Last Train

hngggggggggg, the feels. I remember when I read them, I was literally dying of flufiness.

Besides those two I really liked Mari´s confession on Girlfriends and Sakama´s realization in Sasameki Koto.

But the one that melt my heart and made me literally cry was this

Candy

It´s somewhat the second confession of Kanan, but I think this one was most important because Kanan gets to understand what it really means to love someone; all the sacrifice and the angst.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Not really a confession scene per se I guess, but the ending of El Cazador was pretty cool.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 12:40AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013
  1. I'll Send Her Home On the Last Train

Seconded on this one. It was so full of fluffs

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I really liked The Flower and the Star's confession, which lasts a few pages. It was beautifully built up.
And then you have the reply, that also lasts a few pages (thinking back, this whole chapter's one big confession and its reply)
If you havent read it you shouldn't read those pages haha, it's so much more satisfying if you actually read it
I guess I could have given the link to the exact page where you have the confession plainly stated, but what made them memorable, stuck with me and were the first to come to mind was the way they were built up, their narrative and visual value

I don't know if most people liked the manga as much as I did, but I love it when the relationship between the two girls is ambiguous (i don't mean subtext), and they are pushed to interact without even knowing what the hell is going on between them.
"Are we friends?" "Do I like her?" "Does she hate me?" "What the hell am I supposed to do?" "What is going on between us?"

I'm probably not super clear on explaining this, but manga I've found with more or less this pattern would be like Ebisu and Hotei, Notes from the Garden of Lilies, As Yet I Have No Name, Comprehensive Tovarisch, Fragtime, etc

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 1:25AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I complete4ly forgot about The Flower and the Star, I might have to reread that. Thanks for reminding me.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Maple Love
Ah no ! Wrong confession. Maple Love

Well actually I like both, I'm fond of casual, blunt and no stress confession... and Kae-chan is so cool.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 7:01AM

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

Fragtime in the newest chapter was pretty good.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

When you say no I say eek
"I want to do dirty stuff together with you while you scold me"

My teddy bear

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 7:23AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.