Forum › Dynasty Reader Userscripts

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Would anyone find an option for a sort of magnifying glass deal useful for viewing images and manga pages? Something like this. (Click the bit with the images then you can use Z or middle mouse click to zoom.) The most important function of this is when you have manga pages scaled down in the reader (the button in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about) you'd be able to zoom in on bits that are difficult to make out without having to click the scale button.

That's one of the things I'm considering adding in the next update along with adding a button on the reader that will allow you to go to the first unread post in the discussion (instead of the first page like it does now) as well as adding a button on the forum view to add a link to the last post in a thread where you've already read all the posts.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Idk about the zoom option, my monitor is 1080p so most of the releases are easy to read... I just try it, is good and it could work for the outofthebubble text that appear once in a while in gag mangas like Hayate x Blade, but I'm more interested in the button for the first unread post X)!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Serenata

Idk about the zoom option, my monitor is 1080p so most of the releases are easy to read... I just try it, is good and it could work for the outofthebubble text that appear once in a while in gag mangas like Hayate x Blade, but I'm more interested in the button for the first unread post X)!

The zoom will definitely be one of the optional things either way. (I was mostly just wanting to gauge interest because while I can copy+paste quite a bit of it from the page I linked it'll still be a fairly involved job to fully implement it.) I actually made that magnifier for something else but it popped into my head the other day when I was reading the new chapter of Fluttering Feelings. I normally have the resize option set to scale things down (I prefer not to have to scroll the page when reading a manga page, kinda a pet peeve of mine) but for a few mangas such as Fluttering feelings that doesn't work because everything's too small to read.

The other options I think I'll implement as a default thing like the post quotes though. Makes it a little bit easier on me to implement them that way and they're not a terribly huge change anyways.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Serenata

I'm more interested in the button for the first unread post X)!

This bit is in now.

Last post link for read threads:

Unread comments link for the reader:

There is one quirk I wasn't quite able to figure out which would involve digging into Dynasty's javascript most likely. The unread comments link in the reader doesn't have a proper tooltip like the other surrounding links even if I use the same exact setup they use for them. This is something I might work on in the future but for now I just gave it a standard tooltip because it could be a huge pain to figure out exactly how they're doing it without having to completely duplicate the functionality myself.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Added the magnifier option now as well. Turned out to be a bigger pain than I was expecting since there were some issues with it activating when middle clicking links and being wildly inaccurate on where it was aiming depending on the image in question. Fixed the first and mostly fixed the second though it does appear to be very slightly off still.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I tested quoting and everything is working perfectly now. Thanks again <3

last edited at Dec 10, 2015 4:27PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Just fixed a bug I happened to notice. The "last post" link I was adding to the forum view was only working properly for threads with multiple pages due to an oversight on my end, lol. It's fixed now though and there was a few other minor formatting changes that I was saving for the next major update that ended up in this version since my local copy already had them implemented. It's mostly just moving the stylesheet back to the script itself rather than my server since I found out about a fairly new type of string in javascript that any browser that can use my script should already support which allows me to just type the stylesheet out normally the way I did when it was a separate file. (Which was the most major reason I moved it to a separate file in the first place.)

Nevri

I tested quoting and everything is working perfectly now. Thanks again <3

No problem!

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Some issues I found:

• "Last post" just goes to the last page instead of last post;
  • "Quote to quick reply instead of new post page" is not working at all, won't even stay marked;
  • "Move quick reply to under quoted post" stay marked but does nothing;
  • You made "Magnifier" so you don't need to resize right? I tried it in some mangas that have resize and the zoom is scalling bigger than the original size so they lose quality and end up not being much good, in What Do You Like About Her? they became squeezed too;

• Z becomes useless to anything else as long as "Magnifier" is activated.

A few suggestions:

• Some images are small and don't need resize, it's rare but sometimes because of that they have small text that is hard to read, so if possible a way that the zoom scale up only those images and in those that have resize show their original size instead?;
  • I think the zoom area is a little small, maybe make it bigger? Maybe the zoom area be a square instead of a circle would be better? And with the zoom are being bigger maybe that could resolve a little the innacurate aim problem?;
  • Maybe it's not possible but a way to show all threads with unread posts first? Sometimes we don't have time or are not in the mood to read all threads with new posts and leave them for later, but end up forgetting about them after they're out of the front page and then weeks pass and you can't even find them anymore.

I think I'm forgetting something... The rest seens to be working perfectly and it's really useful, thanks for the script Alice Cheshire.

Completely unrelated but you're guy or girl? Don't really need to say if you don't want, just curious~~

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Going to split this so it's a bit easier to read. I won't be able to get around to any fixes today though because I'll be going to bed like right after this post. (Which took like 20-25 minutes to even write, lol. Whoops!)

Thiaguinho-sama

Some issues I found:

This is actually a bit of a communication error on my part. Though I should be able to make it actually go to the last page with some work. Should actually be a fairly simple fix though.

• "Quote to quick reply instead of new post page" is not working at all, won't even stay marked;

Hm, I'm not sure what the issue is without looking but it seems I missed this due to not resetting my own saved settings between updates. I'll need to make sure to remember to do that in the future when I'm testing the script before release.

• "Move quick reply to under quoted post" stay marked but does nothing;

It looks like for these last two there's an error (probably a typo I overlooked or something like that) somewhere in the load or save code for the settings.

• You made "Magnifier" so you don't need to resize right? I tried it in some mangas that have resize and the zoom is scalling bigger than the original size so they lose quality and end up not being much good, in What Do You Like About Her? they became squeezed too;

Ah, I know what the issue is on it getting stretched. It's how I'm getting the resolution of the image for the magnifier. I think I know what to do to fix that one fairly easily. (Edit: As a bit of an afterthought: If you're worried about image quality then once I release the update that introduces the magnifier's customization menu you should try setting the zoom factor to 100%. That will make the zoom function basically at the best quality it's capable of functioning at. Anything over 100% is going to be lower quality simply because we're upsizing the image at that point. And browsers don't really allow for a whole lot of leeway in how they scale things.)

• Z becomes useless to anything else as long as "Magnifier" is activated.

I actually only just noticed this one when I tried to type "squeezed" above. I know more or less why this is happening. Just need to figure out exactly where it's happening. The magnifier stuff shouldn't activate anywhere other than
http://dynasty-scans.com/images/numbers
and
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/chaptername
though this issue did also make me realize it will interfere with commenting on images as well which I'll need to find a workaround for.

A few suggestions:

• Some images are small and don't need resize, it's rare but sometimes because of that they have small text that is hard to read, so if possible a way that the zoom scale up only those images and in those that have resize show their original size instead?;

I'm not entirely certain I understand what you mean. You're asking for an option that only allows resizing if the image is scaled down already? If that's what you're asking then it should be doable. It'll just take some work to figure out exactly how I should go about it.

• I think the zoom area is a little small, maybe make it bigger? Maybe the zoom area be a square instead of a circle would be better? And with the zoom are being bigger maybe that could resolve a little the innacurate aim problem?;

Currently the magnifier is set but in the future there's actually going to be a settings menu that will allow you to set these options yourself. Right now it's set to 25% of the vertical height of your view on the page. (With a minimum size of 256px.) You can see a work in progress preview of the menu here (keep in mind that preview doesn't actually do anything yet) and it actually includes the square option you requested. I actually had planned on making the magnifier customizable from the beginning but since both parts were a fairly big job I decided to split it into two updates. I need to fix up the styling for the info pane that pops up and then work on actually integrating the changes into the userscript which could take awhile. I'm not sure exactly when this will come since I'll be prioritizing the current bugs over a new update but if things go well I should be able to get this out along with the bugfixes tomorrow.

• Maybe it's not possible but a way to show all threads with unread posts first? Sometimes we don't have time or are not in the mood to read all threads with new posts and leave them for later, but end up forgetting about them after they're out of the front page and then weeks pass and you can't even find them anymore.

This sounds like you'd actually be interested in the next major update I'm planning after the magnifier's customization menu. It'll allow you to bookmark threads you want to keep track of. The only issue with it is that in order to have it keep track of new posts I'm going to have to do something similar to the quick reply which relies on loading a page in the background which is something I'd like to avoid as much as possible because it increases the load on Dynasty's servers (quick reply is an exception here since quick reply just loads the quote page in the background and retrieves the information from it for you so it's no more server load than you'd otherwise get) so I'd very likely limit it to only searching for post info on the front page of the forums. (Bookmarked threads would still be in the bookmarks list, they just wouldn't have info on the latest posts is all.)

Edit: I also just thought of something else I could do along with bookmarked threads. While it would still require you to change between pages so it could function I could actually make it so that if you bookmark a thread then when you load the forum view it will search for threads you've bookmarked and move them to the top of the forum. (And probably color them different to make it clear they're bookmarked threads.) That would be completely doable though it might take awhile to get it working. Rearranging elements already on a page can be a bit messy and complicated at times.

I think I'm forgetting something... The rest seens to be working perfectly and it's really useful, thanks for the script Alice Cheshire.

No problem. I'm glad people are finding it useful.

Completely unrelated but you're guy or girl? Don't really need to say if you don't want, just curious~~

I'm a girl.

last edited at Dec 11, 2015 9:46PM

joined May 11, 2012

Alice Cheshire

I'm not entirely certain I understand what you mean. You're asking for an option that only allows resizing if the image is scaled down already? If that's what you're asking then it should be doable. It'll just take some work to figure out exactly how I should go about it.

Since english is not my native language I was not sure how exactly to express myself in this part and I ended up forgeting to say I was talking about the magnifier, the customization menu you're planning do what I have in mind so you can ignore this part of my post.

The bookmark also do what I had in mind for threads but it could have a problem, nothing really serious though but all data related to threads you bookmarked will be saved in the browser/script instead of being saved in Dynasty right? So if something happened to the person browser/pc and she loses all information on it she would also lose all her bookmaked threads right? So maybe a way to create a import/export file if the person want to have a backup of all threads they bookmarked? Or maybe make that the bookmarked threads data get saved as a list? But of course not much people use this script and I doubt those who use will bookmark much threads, so you should probably ignore this.

One thing I forgot to ask, maybe it's a dumb question but what exactly "Clear stored data" cleans? I don't remember seen you talking about it and I didn't want to try it to see what would happen...

I'm a girl.

I suspected~~, again thanks for all you hard work.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thiaguinho-sama

I was testing this too... I thought the link would take me to the last unread message but all it does it take me to the last page, but we have the pages (1,2,3,4...) number right next to it so I found it meaningless. But if I pass the mouse over the button it says that it will take me to the Last /Unread message.

So I tried reading a random topic up to certain page and then go out leaving some unread new messages, by doing this the "Last Post" button doesn't shows up so I think that's a problem or maybe we're not understanding it's function.

Also sorry about my english, and of course thanks for keeping this up, is really helpful! don't push yourself if it takes too much time, the improvements so far are very good

joined May 11, 2012

Well from what I understand it is just to take to the last message posted but it's not working properly, Dynasty already have unread message function, any thread you see with it's name in bold letters have unread messages, when you see a thread like that just click in it's name and it goes to the first unread message instead of it's first page, you don't really need to read them just opening the page where they're posted already mark all messages of that page as read, so as long as you don't open all pages with unread message the thread name will stay in bold letters and "Last Post" will not show up.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I've only been up like 15 minutes so forgive me if this ends up being kinda incomprehensible, lol.

Thiaguinho-sama

Since english is not my native language I was not sure how exactly to express myself in this part and I ended up forgeting to say I was talking about the magnifier, the customization menu you're planning do what I have in mind so you can ignore this part of my post.

Alrighty, that's good then.

The bookmark also do what I had in mind for threads but it could have a problem, nothing really serious though but all data related to threads you bookmarked will be saved in the browser/script instead of being saved in Dynasty right? So if something happened to the person browser/pc and she loses all information on it she would also lose all her bookmaked threads right? So maybe a way to create a import/export file if the person want to have a backup of all threads they bookmarked? Or maybe make that the bookmarked threads data get saved as a list? But of course not much people use this script and I doubt those who use will bookmark much threads, so you should probably ignore this.

Doing it as a list could be a problem. I'm not sure how well automating the task in the background would work and it opens up the possibility of messing up someone's lists if I screw up somewhere. It also wouldn't allow you to bookmark threads that aren't part for a manga.

An export option may be a good idea, though I'd need to deal with the import option as well which will take some work. Though the way I'm dealing with settings (and thus the bookmarked threads as well) may be able to persist after your browser gets screwed up at least since they're saved in Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey's own settings database file which is totally separate from your browser's standard storage. However I have absolutely no idea where that database file is stored.

One thing I forgot to ask, maybe it's a dumb question but what exactly "Clear stored data" cleans? I don't remember seen you talking about it and I didn't want to try it to see what would happen...

It just clears out all your saved settings then reloads the page. (It basically resets the script to the default settings.) That way if something gets set incorrectly due to a glitch you can reset everything to help deal with the glitchy bit.

Serenata

I was testing this too... I thought the link would take me to the last unread message but all it does it take me to the last page, but we have the pages (1,2,3,4...) number right next to it so I found it meaningless. But if I pass the mouse over the button it says that it will take me to the Last /Unread message.

So I tried reading a random topic up to certain page and then go out leaving some unread new messages, by doing this the "Last Post" button doesn't shows up so I think that's a problem or maybe we're not understanding it's function.

Nah, this one was kinda a complete brain fart on my end. I actually got so in the habit of immediately hitting the end key on my keyboard after clicking the last page of a thread that when I realized that using the unread link on a read thread takes you to the last page I would unconsciously hit the end key. It's something I should be able to fairly easily fix however. Just involves saving an internal variable to the settings when you click the last post link then when it loads a page, if that variable is set, it'll look for the last post on the page and take you to it.

Also sorry about my english, and of course thanks for keeping this up, is really helpful! don't push yourself if it takes too much time, the improvements so far are very good

No problem. I've actually been having fun coding the script. (Though you wouldn't guess it if you hear how much time I spend cursing at my computer or myself for a simple mistake, lol.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Fixed the last post button which was just as easy as I figured it'd be (actually slightly easier) and in the process of it noticed another bug that reared its head. Some change I made at some point apparently broke post links so that's fixed now too.

Looks like I got the quote to quick reply deal fixed as well. I'm not entirely sure what actually changed along the way to break it but for some reason it simply wasn't saving your setting after clicking it. The move quick reply issue was actually caused by this one too. I forgot that it relies on this option being enabled in the first place since it's an otherwise moot point.

For the magnifier I got the issue with interfering on pages the magnifier shouldn't even be active on fixed. As I thought I forgot to do a check for the correct page for it. The stretched zoom deal should be fixed, though it does have a slight side effect that I wasn't really able to work around at the moment. I had two working solutions. One doesn't zoom in as far as it should while the other zooms in properly but the location it's zoomed in on is WAY off. I went with the first solution for the time being since it at least zooms at the right spot. I also fixed the Z issue on image comments. (Just needed to add a check on that page to make sure the comment reply box wasn't active.)

I believe that's all the actual bugs. Let me know if you notice anything else!

Edit: Fixed a few minor issues with the last update. The last post link only worked for the first link because of how I was handling it but it works properly now. I also needed to add a check for the search bar on chapter and image pages while the magnifier is enabled so you can actually type Z's into it.

And the magnifier customization menu is unlikely to come today but I'm going to try to wrap it up tomorrow as long as no more bugs pop up in the mean time. After that I'm probably going to take a break, other than for bugfixes, until after I've cleaned the chapter I was assigned for Kawaii Scans and one other thing I need to stop procrastinating on (so probably a couple of weeks) before starting work on the bookmarked threads update.

last edited at Dec 12, 2015 4:57PM

joined May 11, 2012

Just tested it and everything seens to be working perfectly except Magnifier and Quick Quote:

• I tried Magnifier again in some mangas and the zoom scale is still too big;

• What Do You Like About Her? seens to be the only one scaling properly and it's not stretching/squeezing anymore, but even though it scales correctly it seens that if you don't stop the zoom in the right point or keep moving it in the image it becomes slightly out of focus, maybe that's expected in zooming functions;

• I noticed that Quick Reply/Quote are working fine but if you change your mind and decide to Quick Quote someone else it just move an empty Quick Reply window bellow the new person instead of quoting them.

The aiming seens to be working correctly now and Z don't become useless anymore, I have four sugestions to Quick Reply/Quote:

• A Cancel Post button at the right of Preview Post button when you Quick Quote someone, that could also be a way to fix the problem of not quoting other person if you change your mind and decide to quote someone else as you could first cancel it;

• If possible make the Preview Post work in Quick Reply/Quote? Or make a Quick Preview Post button? I always hated that Preview Post take us to another window, specially because the preview don't shows the text in the same size as in the post because their lines have different size;

• A Quick Edit Post button so you don't need to go to another window just to make a small correction;

• A way to quote muitple people? Maybe a button that would copy the person post or part of it as a quote so you could paste in your reply.

last edited at Dec 12, 2015 5:56PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

This was actually strange timing to post, lol. I'd just come in and edited my previous post with some minor bugfix info.

Thiaguinho-sama

Just tested it and everything seens to be working perfectly except Magnifier and Quick Quote:

• I tried Magnifier again in some mangas and the zoom scale is still too big;

This one will probably remain an issue for you until the magnifier customization menu is added which will hopefully be tomorrow sometime.

• What Do You Like About Her? seens to be the only one scaling properly and it's not stretching/squeezing anymore, but even though it scales correctly it seens that if you don't stop the zoom in the right point or keep moving it in the image it becomes slightly out of focus, maybe that's expected in zooming functions;

I'm actually not at all sure what you mean here. It seems to be scaling properly for all images for me now and not just the one you linked. I'm also unsure what you mean for it being out of focus.

• I noticed that Quick Reply/Quote are working fine but if you change your mind and decide to Quick Quote someone else it just move an empty Quick Reply window bellow the new person instead of quoting them.

Hm, I don't seem to be having this issue. If I quote you then move up and quote myself, for example, it will move the quick reply box and fill it with the correct post info. How fast is your internet? There's a possibility that the request is timing out. Or if you're not waiting long enough then you may not be giving it enough time to load the post since the quick reply button is loading a new page in the background then retrieving the info you need from it.

The aiming seens to be working correctly now and Z don't become useless anymore, I have four sugestions to Quick Reply/Quote:

• A Cancel Post button at the right of Preview Post button when you Quick Quite somone, that could also be a way to fix the problem of not quoting other person if you change your mind and decide to quote someone else as you could first cancel it;

For the quick reply? This is something that has come to mind before actually. I just keep spacing it. I'll add it to my to-do list for the script though.

• If possible make the Preview Post work in Quick Reply/Quote? Or make a Quick Preview Post button? I always hated that Preview Post take us to another window, specially because the preview don't shows the text in the same size as in the post because their lines have different size;

This one is probably possible but it's definitely going to take quite a bit of work to get it to cooperate since it would involve loading the preview window in the background then retrieving the correct data from that page and inserting it into the current page.

• A Quick Edit Post button so you don't need to go to another window just to make a small correction;

This will be much like the preview post button. It should be doable but it'll be a fair amount of work so it's definitely not coming soon.

• A way to quote muitple people? Maybe a button that would copy the person post or part of it as a quote so you could paste in your reply.

This is also something I've already planned on doing but haven't gotten around to. I'll add this stuff to my to-do list but anything other than the post cancel button for quick reply is unlikely to come until after I've released the magnifier customization menu update.

Edit: Just found another bug that was introduced by the post link fix I posted about with my initial bug fix today. It appears that somewhere the post id for the post link is getting set incorrectly from somewhere. I'll need to figure that out.

Edit2: I went ahead and reverted that fix since after reverting it on my copy I was unable to reproduce the original issue I was having that made me try that fix in the first place.

last edited at Dec 12, 2015 5:22PM

joined May 11, 2012

Alice Cheshire

This was actually strange timing to post, lol. I'd just come in and edited my previous post with some minor bugfix info.

Haha, what coincidence, for some reason our timing made me remember this.

Thiaguinho-sama

Hm, I don't seem to be having this issue. If I quote you then move up and quote myself, for example, it will move the quick reply box and fill it with the correct post info. How fast is your internet? There's a possibility that the request is timing out. Or if you're not waiting long enough then you may not be giving it enough time to load the post since the quick reply button is loading a new page in the background then retrieving the info you need from it.

Hum, my internet is 15mb but only more or less near midnight or 23:00 that it start's to be really good, waited some time and still didn't load the quoted post, I'll try again later when my internet is at full speed to see if makes any difference, we need to know if others have the same issue to.

About my sugestions on Quick Reply/Quote the only one that really makes difference is something for multiple quotes, the rest are just some extra things that could be nice but nothing really necessary or that would make any big difference, few people is using the script and it's not like we're going to keep editing and need to look at preview all the time so it's probably better to just not bother if it needs too much work, maybe just Cancel Post button so the Quick Reply/Quote window won't stay in the middle of the page if you decide to give up on you reply.

About out of focus on Magnifier I meant something like this but it's pretty slightly, most people might not even notice if they have that problem, maybe it's my Chrome bitching about the focus and scale so it's better to wait until you make the customization menu as it will probably fix any issue I have

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama

Hum, my internet is 15mb but only more or less near midnight or 23:00 that it start's to be really good, waited some time and still didn't load the quoted post, I'll try again later when my internet is at full speed to see if makes any difference, we need to know if others have the same issue to.

If it persists you may try the "clear stored data" button and seeing if that fixes it. If it still persists after that and no one else is reporting it then it's unlikely to be something on the script's side.

And for reference what browser do you use? I use Firefox and don't have an issue like that and I know Serenata uses Firefox as well and hasn't reported a similar issue.

Also Nevri, if you see this post would you mind letting me know what browser you use and if you've encountered a similar issue? There's nothing that I know of that shouldn't work in Chrome/Opera Next, especially since much of the script uses jQuery which is supposed to be browser agnostic, but there's always the chance that there is something somewhere that doesn't work as intended in other browsers.

About my sugestions on Quick Reply/Quote the only one that really makes difference is something for multiple quotes, the rest are just some extra things that could be nice but nothing really necessary or that would make any big difference, few people is using the script and it's not like we're going to keep editing and need to look at preview all the time so it's probably better to just not bother if it needs too much work, maybe just Cancel Post button so the Quick Reply/Quote window won't stay in the middle of the page if you decide to give up on you reply.

Multiquoting is something I do want to do. It's going to take some doing though to not make a total mess of the formatting. The cancel post button though should be easy enough to include though. I should be able to manage that pretty easily when I work on integrating the magnifier customization menu tomorrow.

About out of focus on Magnifier I meant something like this but it's pretty slightly, most people might not even notice if they have that problem, maybe it's my Chrome bitching about the focus and scale so it's better to wait until you make the customization menu as it will probably fix any issue I have

Ah, I understand what you mean now. That happens because when you zoom in like that what you're seeing is getting scaled up. Any zoom factor above 100% (the magnifier defaults to 500% which can't be changed without manually editing the script until the customization menu is released) is going to have that issue. Browsers will only do bilinear resizing or, with some work (which I've been messing with but so far I seem to have failed at getting it to cooperate), nearest neighbor resizing. Both those methods will result in upscaled stuff looking worse than if it's at 100% zoom. It definitely isn't something I'll be considering trying until later but I have been loosely looking into replacing the current magnifier with an html5 canvas instead which would allow me to look into different resizing algorithms but that's getting into some pretty advanced stuff and would basically require me to recode the magnifier from scratch so it'd definitely take a fair bit of time.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire

Also Nevri, if you see this post would you mind letting me know what browser you use and if you've encountered a similar issue?

I use Firefox as well. Assuming I'm up to date (thingifier update today once, not sure if it has all changes you did so far) as I said before, quoting works fine now. All the issues I had before, are fixed. So far I didn't notice anything off. Will report once I do.

last edited at Dec 12, 2015 6:55PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

I use Firefox as well. Assuming I'm up to date (thingifier update today once, not sure if it has all changes you did so far) as I said before, quoting works fine now. All the issues I had before, are fixed. So far I didn't notice anything off. Will report once I do.

Alright, seems like most people who I know use it are using the same browser then. And there's been three updates today. The main bugfix, another one a bit later with some stuff I overlooked in the initial bugfix (plus one mistake on my end for the bugfix), then a reversion for one of the bugfixes that made things worse. Only the first of those affected quick quote however.

Edit: Also which quote method looks better?

The one the script uses now:

Nevri
Post goes here.

or this one:

Nevri posted:
Post goes here.

I'm a bit more partial to the second one since it more closely emulates standard forum quote links and also makes it a little bit more clear that it links to the post you're quoting.

last edited at Dec 12, 2015 7:18PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire

Alright, seems like most people who I know use it are using the same browser then. And there's been three updates today. The main bugfix, another one a bit later with some stuff I overlooked in the initial bugfix (plus one mistake on my end for the bugfix), then a reversion for one of the bugfixes that made things worse. Only the first of those affected quick quote however.

I used to use Opera but they kept on adding so much stuff and taking some basic features I get sick of it. In that case I most likely had that quote update already. I'll give you a heads up if anything will come after next one.

Nevri posted:
Post goes here.

Much better

joined May 11, 2012

Alice Cheshire

Thiaguinho-sama

If it persists you may try the "clear stored data" button and seeing if that fixes it. If it still persists after that and no one else is reporting it then it's unlikely to be something on the script's side.

And for reference what browser do you use? I use Firefox and don't have an issue like that and I know Serenata uses Firefox as well and hasn't reported a similar issue.

Tried clean stored data and still won't work, I also removed the script and installed again and didn't make any difference, it's late already and my internet is getting faster and also didn't make difference, I also had to remove Tampermonkey and install it again some time ago so I doubt he's the problem, I use Chrome so I guess that's the issue, I used Firefox in the past but after I started using Chrome I never got back to it.

Nevri posted:
Post goes here.

I agree with you two, second one seens better.

joined May 11, 2012

Another issue I found by accident, What Does the Fox Say discussion thread have exactly 1300 posts, 52 pages, when I used Last Post button it tried to open page 53 that don't exist so it don't load any post, all it shows is the pages numbers and the Quick Reply box.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri

Nevri posted:
Post goes here.

Much better

I agree with you two, second one seens better.

Alright. It's a really easy change so I'll add it into the magnifier customization menu update along with the quick reply cancel button.

Thiaguinho-sama

Tried clean stored data and still won't work, I also removed the script and installed again and didn't make any difference, it's late already and my internet is getting faster and also didn't make difference, I also had to remove Tampermonkey and install it again some time ago so I doubt he's the problem, I use Chrome so I guess that's the issue, I used Firefox in the past but after I started using Chrome I never got back to it.

Hm. I just installed Chrome so I could test it and it does indeed have the issue you're saying. I'll have to look into what the issue is but I'm honestly not sure what it could be right now. so I wouldn't expect a fix terribly soon unfortunately.

Thiaguinho-sama

Another issue I found by accident, What Does the Fox Say discussion thread have exactly 1300 posts, 52 pages, when I used Last Post button it tried to open page 53 that don't exist so it don't load any post, all it shows is the pages numbers and the Quick Reply box.

This one is going to be a quirk with Dynasty itself. I'm going to hazard a guess that whatever the method they use behind the scenes for the unread thread links ends up considering there to be one more page than there actually is when the actual last page is perfectly full. (For reference the way the last post link currently works is that it uses the unread posts link for read threads which just takes you to the last page of the thread.)

There's a few ways I can work around this. There's a more future-proofed method where I can just retrieve the last page off the forums and manually embed it in the last post link but this one will take more work, especially since I'd need to handle it a bit differently with one page threads. The other way is that I can add a check for an empty page after you've clicked the link and if so then bump you back a page and do the normal thing for the last post link. This latter one will most likely be easier though it would involve two page loads.

I'll probably go with the first way since it's the better way but since it'll take longer it's not going to be something I fix immediately. Since it's an issue that probably won't commonly pop up I'll likely fix it when I start work on the bookmarked threads update.

joined May 11, 2012

Alice Cheshire

Thiaguinho-sama

Hm. I just installed Chrome so I could test it and it does indeed have the issue you're saying. I'll have to look into what the issue is but I'm honestly not sure what it could be right now. so I wouldn't expect a fix terribly soon unfortunately.

Sometimes I use Dynasty more on my phone so that's not really a problem for me, so don't worry about it, there's no hurry at all, and for the Last Post problem I don't think that will really be an issue, a thread rarely stay with exactly 25 posts in a page, from what I remember that's how much fits in one, so that should be a really rare ocurrence, so no hurry for that either.

last edited at Dec 12, 2015 8:35PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.