Forum › Dynasty Reader Userscripts

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

If you'd like your userscript added to the OP, just make a post about it in the thread.

All userscripts require Tampermonkey to use, both for Chrome and Firefox.

Dynasty Thingifier (Author: Alice Cheshire)

Adds a lot of general options for the forums.

Dynasty Gallery Viewer (Author: cyricc)

This is a userscript that allows you to browse images on this site much more easily using a modal image viewer with next/previous buttons, similar to Instagram et al.

Dynasty Mark Read (Author: cyricc)

This is a userscript that greys out chapters marked as Read when viewing chapter lists.

Dynasty Title Rethingifier (Author: Alice Cheshire)
This user script simply changes up how titles are ordered.

With script:
Without script:

Dynasty Tagifier (Author: gwennie-chan)
Last updated: September 17, 2020

Features

Forum Tagger

Forum Tagger scans forum posts and image comments looking for Tag objects, checks if the tags are valid, and, if so, turns them into clickable links to each tag's page. (If you have the script installed, this Yuri tag should be linked.)
(For the nerds, it does this dynamically pulling and parsing Dynasty's JSON and then scanning all <code> elements.)

Tag Suggestions Switcher (TSS)

TSS puts a controller bar on the tag suggestions status page (link requires account) so users can select the type of tag suggestions (Approved, Rejected, or Pending) the page displays, whether a single type, a mixture, or all of them.

Forum Stats Number Shortener (FSNS)

FSNS converts the stats numbers on the Forum navigation pages for views and posts to automatically shorten, round anything over 1000 and insert the appropriate abbreviation ("K" or "M") after the shortened number.

Dynasty Tag Hider (Author: cyricc)

Allows you to hide tags that you choose, preventing them from being displayed on all chapter listings. Some tags can be rather spoilery in nature so this helps with avoiding that. Currently only tags that appear on the Tags page can be hidden (i.e. not doujins or pairings). This functionality may be added in the future.

This is not a tag blacklister. It only hides tags from being shown in the tag list of a chapter or series.

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 2:05PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

For anyone who's been following this I've fixed quite a few bugs since posting this (pagination related bugs as well as some severe bugs with the user's settings loading properly) and improved some features such as the formatting of the quotes being much more nicely formatted. I've also changed the menu icon from a red X to an arrow that accurately reflects the state of the menu and I just got finished adding the font size slider so you can now resize the text of posts.

Next up (hopefully tomorrow) is going to be the options listed under the planned features and changes for quoting to quick reply and moving the quick reply.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Alice Cheshire

Next up (hopefully tomorrow) is going to be the options listed under the planned features and changes for quoting to quick reply and moving the quick reply.

I'm good at getting side tracked. Instead of this I ended up adding bbcode/markup buttons to the quick reply and post pages. They're not perfect yet (the horizontal rule one works a bit wonky and links need to be handled better but the rest work so long as you select the text you want to use the bbcode on) but they work just fine. I included buttons for all markup I know the site supports.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

If anyone is actually following this the "quote to quick reply" and "move quick reply to quoted post" functions are now complete and seem to work fine from my end.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

"This script is no longer anonymously available on this site. Log in and check your Greasy Fork account settings."

Does this change anything?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri

"This script is no longer anonymously available on this site. Log in and check your Greasy Fork account settings."

Does this change anything?

That's simply because the script is tagged as being for a nsfw site so you can't download it without logging in.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

For anyone such as Nevri using this I just did a bit of a moderate update. When you have the quick reply option enabled you can now middle click the quote button to get to the normal post reply page. (Useful for multiple replies.) It does have some issues though. First it won't work properly unless you have pop-up windows allowed because javascript apparently has no way to simply open something in another tab. The second is that for some reason the only method I could even get working will consistently error out when you try to use it until you refresh the quote page which I found a workaround for but you will notice an error page until the script refreshes the page.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just installed this, this makes things a lot easier because I always forget how to make bold letters, tags , insert pictures and etc, thanks ! if I find something strange, I'll let you know (I'm using firefox btw).

last edited at Dec 7, 2015 10:17PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Serenata

I just installed this, this makes things a lot easier because I always forget how to make bold letters, tags , insert pictures and etc, thanks ! if I find something strange, I'll let you know (I'm using firefox btw).

Awesome. If someone other than myself is using it for the tags bit I may have to look into fixing them up soon then. (They work a bit unintuitively at the moment.)

Though I'm considering recoding it from scratch to try to avoid/fix some issues. (I have a few other things I've been procrastinating on that I need to get done first however.) The oddities with this last update seem to be related to the way my code works which didn't allow me to use the preferred way of dealing with the new quote deal which was just to add my quick quote button in addition to the standard quote one. (Which either got rid of both buttons, inserted my button as part of the normal quote link, or randomly placed five copies of the quick quote button in every post for some reason, lol...) I've actually learned quite a bit about javascript since I first made this script anyways so I'm pretty confident I can definitely do better.

last edited at Dec 8, 2015 5:01AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I ended up going ahead with recoding the script. It's mostly from scratch other than some stuff that would have been fairly annoying to recode such as the code that actually retrieves replies for the quick quote function. (Though in the process of fixing things up I discovered a bug with it I hadn't noticed before. You can only use it once per page weirdly.)

It took care of this planned function/update: (Bolded stuff is info on how I fixed them.)

• A minor one for the end user but separating the styling from the script to make things a bit easier on my end. It now loads the stylesheet from my own server meaning I can easily update that without having to update the entire script and the way I'm handling it on my end makes it a lot easier for me to deal with.

as well as these bugs:

• When you have the sticky navbar enabled and click a post link it'll cover the timestamp and quote buttons for the post forcing you to scroll up to see them. Not really an issue I currently know how to fix but I do believe a fix should be possible. Added padding to the top of posts. It's not really noticeable and works perfectly fine.
  • There's a few fairly minor issues with the markup buttons. The horizontal rule button works a bit wonky at the moment. It will insert a horizontal rule before your selected text. The link button also works a bit weirdly right now as well. It simply wraps the text in the url tags as if you were wrapping just a url so you still have to fill out the text part of it yourself. In addition the buttons only work when you have text highlighted meaning you can't hit a button then fill the tag out. This still isn't perfect but you can now use most of the bbcode buttons by clicking a spot in the textbox and clicking the button for the code you want.
  • Quoting to a new page with the "quote to quick reply" option enabled only works if you have pop-ups allowed and will load an error page temporarily due to issues with javascript and even accomplishing that in the first place. Managed to bypass this by actually accomplishing what I was originally trying to do when I attempted to implement it.
  • Clicking the quick quote button multiple times with the "quote to quick reply" option enabled results in this odd pyramidal structure that persists until you refresh the page. Fixed this. It was actually spawning new copies of the quick reply container. Now it's limited to only one container.

In addition to this the script is more efficient, better formatted, and has better coding practices meaning future updates will be easier on my end.

joined Oct 3, 2014

I don't like impulsively making accounts on websites, but I'm curious about this script. I assume (please forgive me if I'm wrong) you are not officially among the the ranks of Dynasty Reader staff so this isn't something to be integrated with the backend of the site itself. I wonder if there's enough interest in upgrading the functionality of the site natively, and if the staff would trust random strangers on the net to help (I bet no). I'm a young and inexperienced software engineer with major interest in web development so a part of me entertains this idea.

Well at this point I'm mostly musing to myself. Even though I'm not installing your script, I imagine it's a chunk of work, so [throws unwarranted appreciation your way]

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Oh, I just realized I forgot to fix some bugs with the normal quote page. I'll have to fix those today.

loudsea

I don't like impulsively making accounts on websites, but I'm curious about this script. I assume (please forgive me if I'm wrong) you are not officially among the the ranks of Dynasty Reader staff so this isn't something to be integrated with the backend of the site itself.

You're right that I'm not. This script actually came about because I happened to notice that despite the fact you can't normally get links to a specific post the underlying HTML exists to do so. And if you don't want to make an account on GreasyFork to install it you can do so from here and you can view the source code for it here.

I wonder if there's enough interest in upgrading the functionality of the site natively, and if the staff would trust random strangers on the net to help (I bet no). I'm a young and inexperienced software engineer with major interest in web development so a part of me entertains this idea.

Well at this point I'm mostly musing to myself. Even though I'm not installing your script, I imagine it's a chunk of work, so [throws unwarranted appreciation your way]

Most of the features of my script are things I've seen people express interest in. That's a fair part of the reason I started work on it. And I can't speak for whether the site staff would accept help from others but the site is coded in Ruby on Rails so if you were to want to help learning that would probably be the best way if you don't already have experience with it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was going to quote someone but I got this

I didn't know how to fix it so I had to use copy/paste and quote it manually using the symbols

last edited at Dec 9, 2015 11:00AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Serenata

I didn't know how to fix it so I had to use copy/paste and quote it manually using the symbols

Yeah, that's the main bug I was actually talking about in my last post. I'm a bit confused on it though because when I stopped working on the script last night it would quote posts normally but wouldn't insert the quoted user's name as a link to their post. I get up and now it has the exact opposite issue weirdly. (Although in your case the link isn't even complete either.)

I'll try to figure it out in a couple hours and see what I can do about it. I'd like to fix both it and the issue where using the quick quote button more than once per page doesn't work before the end of the day. (Though the latter bug is less of an issue since at least the first time works currently.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

[Serenata](undefined#forum_post_145705)

http://i.imgur.com/1ciZpKw.png

This should now be fixed, as should the quick quote button breaking after the first click. Let me know if you have anymore issues!

Edit: Okay then. Apparently it's not completely fixed just yet, lol. I need to check what broke the quote link here. So I guess it's only mostly working. It was working fine in my tests though.

Edit2:

Serenata

http://i.imgur.com/1ciZpKw.png

There we go. I was overlooking a changed variable name that I had changed elsewhere in the code so I was getting inconsistent results. Should actually work now.

last edited at Dec 9, 2015 1:01PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm still unable to Quote normally but then again, the notification that the script has been updated hasn't reach yet like this morning, I'll try later

[Alice Cheshire](undefined#forum_post_145711)

undefined

last edited at Dec 9, 2015 1:36PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Serenata

I'm still unable to Quote normally but then again, the notification that the script has been updated hasn't reach yet like this morning, I'll try later

[Alice Cheshire](undefined#forum_post_145711)

undefined

OOH! Reinstalling the script fix the problem right away

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Serenata

OOH! Reinstalling the script fix the problem right away

Yeah, Greasemonkey checks for updates only once per day or so I think. I should probably add something into the OP about that but if an update is released and you don't get it right away simply reinstalling the script will do the job.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

When you updated QQ first time it was working fine for me, but after your next update it was not working properly at all. I'm not sure if script just didn't update yet or it was something else, but I just reinstalled it now and it works good now.

Great idea! Recently I had to quote few people and needed to turn script off since it was really inconvenient. And final version is really good. Good job <3 Wanted to say it before, but since I was having issues I wanted to make sure I know what is the problem, before I give you misleading feedback. Seems it was good choice since it fixed now.

Only one thing that was persistent from the beginning and I hoped maybe this update will fix it. When you open new quote or quick quote using left mouse button (in current tab) the link to quoted post generates fine, but when I use middle mouse button (want to open in new tab) the link is to last person I quoted directly (aka using left mouse button, in same tab). It really is making things harder, since the thing I mainly wanted this script for, is that link, and unless I quote them directly, it doesn't work as intended so even though quoting in new tab is working good now, I still need to quote everyone directly one by one so link will generate proper ;/

Also do I still need to have pop ups enabled for that new version?

EDIT/ Ok, if I first click one quick quote and then use normal quote to quote in new tab, I can cheat it, since the link will be the same as the one I just quick quoted. Not ideal but I guess it is pretty good solution for now.

last edited at Dec 9, 2015 2:50PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri

Only one thing that was persistent from the beginning and I hoped maybe this update will fix it. When you open new quote or quick quote using left mouse button (in current tab) the link to quoted post generates fine, but when I use middle mouse button (want to open in new tab) the link is to last person I quoted directly (aka using left mouse button, in same tab). It really is making things harder, since the thing I mainly wanted this script for, is that link, and unless I quote them directly, it doesn't work as intended so even though quoting in new tab is working good now, I still need to quote everyone directly one by one so link will generate proper ;/

I'm not sure I quite understand the issue. Was it that my work around for quoting into a new tab on the old version wasn't updating the quote link info properly?

Also do I still need to have pop ups enabled for that new version?

Nope, you can re-block pop-ups. I managed to accomplish my original goal for quoting into a new tab so the weird hacky way I was using that required pop-ups to be allowed is no longer necessary.

EDIT/ Ok, if I first click one quick quote and then use normal quote to quote in new tab, I can cheat it, since the link will be the same as the one I just quick quoted. Not ideal but I guess it is pretty good solution for now.

I'm still not entirely sure I follow what the issue. Is it that one of the links isn't updating properly?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire

I'm not sure I quite understand the issue. Was it that my work around for quoting into a new tab on the old version wasn't updating the quote link info properly?

Yes. In both old and new version, when I'm using current page I'm on, it works fine, but when I open quote in new tab, it uses the last created link. Everything else works perfectly fine.

I clicked on quick quote button, everything working as intended

I quote you by clicking on quote button with left mouse button, still fine

Now I want to quote myself again, this time in new tab, so I click with middle button on quote button and this happen

In first 2 cases link is updating properly, but in last it doesn't.

I hope it is clear now, I can't explain it better xD"

EDIT/ I tried something else. I clicked on quote button with right mouse button and tried to open new tab manually choosing option "open in new tab", instead of using shortcut in middle mouse button, wondering if maybe it would create link properly in this case. Instead i just got empty space, but it is considered as last created link, since when i tried to quote with middle button anyone else after this, script was using it as link

last edited at Dec 9, 2015 3:57PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Alright, I see what's happening now. I'm not exactly sure why it's happening yet but it appears to be an issue with all clicks not getting treated equally like they should.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Okay, I see what happened. When I was rewriting the script I ended up using the wrong command for the click function rather than the one I originally intended to use so it was only running properly on left clicks. If you update the script it should work perfectly fine now. Sorry about that.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire

Okay, I see what happened. When I was rewriting the script I ended up using the wrong command for the click function rather than the one I originally intended to use so it was only running properly on left clicks. If you update the script it should work perfectly fine now. Sorry about that.

Np. and thanks for your hard work <3

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri

Np. and thanks for your hard work <3

No problem, I'm glad people are finding it useful!

To reply you must either login or sign up.