Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

What anime is that?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hidan no Aria AA

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm sorry everyone, I was wrong. Hidan No Aria AA is going super double yuri. I thought the first episodes were stupid, but 7 has redeemed itself.

joined May 11, 2012

Thanks Hylarn, I wonder if Hidan no Aria AA manga is as gay as the anime, in case someone is interested a new group is continuing the translation.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

is there actual yuri happening in it? or is it like Yuru Yuri?

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

is there actual yuri happening in it? or is it like Yuru Yuri?

Well...

Maybe.

Probably more than maybe.

What is your new avatar from? I don't know it.

joined May 11, 2012

But does all that happen in the manga? Cause it's already 10 volumes and not completely yuri, just get more gay with time but they can always argue it's just friendship, specially because the main serie is het harem, so either they're crossing the line and the anime will really be yuri, or like most animes adaptations they're just putting more fanservice and comedy.

last edited at Nov 19, 2015 11:14PM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

But does all that happen in the manga? Cause it's already 10 volumes and not completely yuri, just get more gay with time but they can always argue it's just friendship, specially because the main serie is het harem, so either they're crossing the line and the anime will really be yuri, or like most animes adaptations they're just putting more fanservice and comedy.

I thought they were light novels. I'm voting comedy and queerbaiting.

joined May 11, 2012

I thought too, only Hidan no Aria is light novel, AA is just manga, guess yuri fanservice is not the same in light novel... Really, some of the girls are pretty obviously lesbians, but it's not published in a yuri magazine, it's spin off of a het harem serie, the most we can hope for is that it's going to continue getting more gay and no het romance, maybe outright say one is lesbian or have lesbian side couple, but it's not classified as a yuri serie, never expect yuri of something not classified as yuri, we know how japaneses love bullshit, chances of really having yuri are pretty much inexistent in those cases.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I read a bit of the manga. It was indeed fairly different from the anime. On the other hand, if anything it more firmly established the characters as being into girls

joined May 11, 2012

Yeah, a lot of cases the girls act in ways that can be said to be just skinship between friends, but in this case the way some of the characters are being blatantly sexual there's just no way they can say it's just innocent skinship between friends, this is not Hibike Euphonium, they know very well what they're doing and the girls receiving it are obviously having very gay reactions too, sure some of the characters can be straight, but some are obviously acting like lesbians, it's just impossible to come with excuses later and give them het romance unless the author is a really shitty writter, but after 10 volumes with no het in sight I don't think we need to worry too much about it, I agree that if anything the anime maybe confirms that at least some are indeed lesbians, now the question is how far they will go, does the anime even follow the plot of the manga? Or just mostly comedy and fanservice? Cause if they're following the story we might have season two eventually, so if the manga is getting more gay I guess we could hope the anime to go full yuri, now if it don't have any plot at all I guess it's just fanservice and bait to help manga sales...

And talking about characters being lesbians or not, Maria-sama, did that ever had real yuri or ended as typical class s bullshit? That always looked more like LUG than yuri, I know it have at least one lesbian couple but did they continued being a couple at the end? what about the rest? Het ending? Or typical open ending where they end as friend and obviously they'll marry a man in the future?

last edited at Nov 20, 2015 12:54AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

What is your new avatar from? I don't know it.

Kanamemo anime.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

it's just impossible to come with excuses later and give them het romance unless the author is a really shitty writter

You clearly have never seen how bisexual characters are written in media.

And talking about characters being lesbians or not, Maria-sama, did that ever had real yuri or ended as typical class s bullshit? That always looked more like LUG than yuri, I know it have at least one lesbian couple but did they continued being a couple at the end? what about the rest? Het ending? Or typical open ending where they end as friend and obviously they'll marry a man in the future?

Comment by the Yuricon woman about the last volume:

You need to forget it. Yumi and Sachiko are dear to each other, close as sisters, but not lovers. It’s a story about this relationship – close as sisters – that is the point of almost every relationship in the series. That is why they are “soeur”.

last edited at Nov 20, 2015 1:24AM

joined May 11, 2012

You clearly have never seen how bisexual characters are written in media.

Oh I have seen some, and the bad ones are always made by shitty writters, that's why I said it's impossible for the author turn this in het unless he's a shitty writrer, from what I read the girls never show interest in guys in the manga, so turning them bi or straight after all gay things that happened and without them showing interest would be massive shitty writting, but I think if he was going to do it we would already have a important male character interacting with them, of course it's only 10 volumes and both series will not end for a long time, so he still have time to ruin it...

And thanks for the info on Maria-sama OriginalGengar, I always thought that would be nothing more than useless bait, did it really revive class s genre like Wikipedia says? I always thought that genre was pretty much dead, like those old yuris that have only tragic or het ending, I'm not saying it don't happen anymore of course, but it was way worse before.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Im disappointed in this new winter season of anime. All the shows that have come up are either Harem, ecchi or shounen. Im too old to watch shows that have over powered main characters or have a string of girls following them around. Ive seen that too many times throughout my lifetime. I just want a deep and dark anime and that has interesting story and characters. Is that too much to ask?

Im not even asking for yuri in them which is as rare as finding as a needle in a haystack. Just make something for more adult orientated audiences. I have the itch to watch anime but there is nothing on that interests me at the moment.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Im disappointed in this new winter season of anime. All the shows that have come up are either Harem, ecchi or shounen. Im too old to watch shows that have over powered main characters or have a string of girls following them around. Ive seen that too many times throughout my lifetime. I just want a deep and dark anime and that has interesting story and characters. Is that too much to ask?

Im not even asking for yuri in them which is as rare as finding as a needle in a haystack. Just make something for more adult orientated audiences. I have the itch to watch anime but there is nothing on that interests me at the moment.

Didja watch both season of Psycho pass and the movie? or go watch something from previous seasons... I feel like watching Romeo and Juliet the anime or Le Chevalier D'Eon, and you won't have to worry about the weekly cliffhanger

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Didja watch both season of Psycho pass and the movie? or go watch something from previous seasons... I feel like watching Romeo and Juliet the anime or Le Chevalier D'Eon, and you won't have to worry about the weekly cliffhanger

Yeah I have watched both Psycho Pass and Le Chevalier D'Eon anime they are both great. I have seen a lot of senien /dark anime so unless its really obscure I've probably seen it.

I will just wait till Japan comes out with something good but saying that Japan sales have been really poor. So the publishers are probably going to stick to something they know that sales which is ecchi, harem and shounen anime. I will probably have to wait a long while till something good comes out for adults.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

hyped for the wizard barristers dvd to come out

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Did you try the new Gundam series?

joined Mar 23, 2013

Im disappointed in this new winter season of anime. All the shows that have come up are either Harem, ecchi or shounen.

So like every other season?

I just want a deep and dark anime and that has interesting story and characters. Is that too much to ask?

Yes.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Anyone here watched Digimon Adventures Tri (First Part). I can't wait for the Rest to come >.<

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It was... okay? Not exactly bad, but not exactly exceptional either. Definitely banking on nostalgia for the original series

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Nostalgia is the only reason it exists in the first place so why not have it bank on it? I mean considering the main audience ARE people who viewed Digimon Adventures 1 and 2 in TV that's the best thing they could do. If you make it in the same style as before it would feel wrong because people back then aren't children anymore and if you make it the way it would be popular today the main audience would hate it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.