Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51508948.html

Nakatani put a ahoge on Yuu to create a sense of contrast between her and Nanami
Favorite scene so far with Yuu was when she took Nanami outside in chapter 5 to calm her down.
Favorite Nanami scene so far was when her and Yuu's hands touched during the photoshoot in chapter 3
likes portraying complex, entangling romance stories.
likes Eupho. He/She feels conflicted that a lot of situations he/she wanted to portray in his/her manga were already done by the Eupho anime.
Since there are so many disagreements on what "yuri" is, Nakatani believes "yuri" is in the eye of the beholder.
Future story developments: Nakatani will start to incorporate Sayaka and Maki into the story. Akari (the girl who got rejected by her senpai in chapter 4) will also get some spotlight.

joined Jun 12, 2015

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51508948.html

Nakatani: When you draw Yuri manga, one of the very first things you decide is whether "guys will appear or wont appear". I think if you're going to explore the romantic relationship between girls, you cannot ignore the existence of men.

Yuri works where only girls exists are great as well. However if it were up to me, I prefer to portray a world where a girl has many choices of men to choose from yet she chooses a girl, rather than a world where she chooses to be with a girl in a world where only girls exist. That is why I set the story in a co-ed school.

Although, the decision to "choose her because she's a girl", and to "choose her despite her being a girl", is something that depends on the character you are doing.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

However if it were up to me, I prefer to portray a world where a girl has many choices of men to choose from yet she chooses a girl, rather than a world where she chooses to be with a girl in a world where only girls exist.

I like her way of thinking.

joined Aug 19, 2012

who is maki again?

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

The 1st year boy intruduced in the first chapters..

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Boy will probably go after Yuu. It was predictable.

But if Nakatani stays true to her statement ("I prefer to portray a world where a girl has many choices of men to choose from yet she chooses a girl, rather than a world where she chooses to be with a girl in a world where only girls exist") then it's okay.

last edited at Oct 31, 2015 5:30PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

^that is lame..going against your nature not a good choice.
bisexual love triangle?

last edited at Nov 2, 2015 11:58PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

who is maki again?

This guy

joined Jan 30, 2013

However if it were up to me, I prefer to portray a world where a girl has many choices of men to choose from yet she chooses a girl, rather than a world where she chooses to be with a girl in a world where only girls exist.

It's great, you don't get it very often.

Kirigiri%20san%20582
joined Apr 27, 2014

soooo any idea when the next chapter is getting translated?

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

I guess it depends on http://ihoshiku.tumblr.com/
The chinese raw is already out.

Kirigiri%20san%20582
joined Apr 27, 2014

I guess it depends on http://ihoshiku.tumblr.com/
The chinese raw is already out.

yeah thats why I asked cuz she hasn't been active for like a month now..

last edited at Nov 8, 2015 7:03AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Chapter 6 is so adorable. I wonder why Ihoshiku disappeared. I wish someone else will take over the scanlation soon.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

scanlator went inactive??

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

scanlator went inactive??

M.I.A.

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

They went inactive for like 2 or 3 months in the spring/summer so I wouldn't be worried, YET.
and someone on /u/ already provided rough summary and some translations of the 6th chapter. (FOR US HUNGRY AND IMPATIENT)

last edited at Nov 12, 2015 4:04PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

They went inactive for like 2 or 3 months in the spring/summer so I wouldn't be worried, YET.

Oh i see. Thank lord

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Tsk... I think I'm gonna fall in love also on this series if it will continue to be such good... I'm looking forward for the next chapters... Geeezzz.... I'm worried about what will their family do if in the end... They Eventually become to belong to each other??? I think I like REI?? if I am not mistaken to her name.... The sister Yuu...hehehe.... Okay! Keep it up... :)

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

But if Nakatani stays true to her statement ("I prefer to portray a world where a girl has many choices of men to choose from yet she chooses a girl, rather than a world where she chooses to be with a girl in a world where only girls exist") then it's okay.

I like the statement you quoted above... Yes! That was probably one that I'm looking best forward stories... Hahaha!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It's great, you don't get it very often.

That's exactly what I was thinking
When the yuri ship is end game afterall <3
I wonder what exactly did the author want to do, but felt like it was already used by Hibike Euphonium
Altho it's kinda nice to hear that the scenes a yuri author planned to draw were already done by Hibike Eupho xD
Kyoani clearly knew what they were doing when they were animating those scenes

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I'm not really sure how you can say that and think that it's predictable. As far as the chapters the English community has read so far, nothing suggested that either of the two boys were interested in the other girls in the student council. I can't really tell for sure though, since I don't read the English version and some of the stuff I've heard from the English fans are actually not consistent with what the story had originally.

Also to prove that it is not predictable, here's what happened in chapter 7 in regards of Maki:
I really believe that he's actually an ace character. He saw Yuu and Touko kissing in the student council room when he went back to retrieve his pencil bag. I initially thought he was going to be sinister about it. Turns out that he actually does not enjoy being in love, but rather watching it unfold in front of him. He has also gauged Yuu's first reaction to him letting her know that he saw them kissing as seeing Touko as "special." The chapter ends with Yuu still looking flabbergasted about what Maki told her.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

You have 6 and 7, MK? You wanna, like, do this?

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

You have 6 and 7, MK? You wanna, like, do this?

You know I still haven't even redone that other thing I was supposed to ;_; I don't have the raw, I only read the Chinese version. There's no point in buying the magazine if I can just read it from yamibo >_>

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Oh actually on second thought I do have the two issues iirc. I can scan it if you wanna work on it gulf. But I don't have any free time to clean or typeset so...

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Yes Please

To reply you must either login or sign up.