Forum › Encounter Effect discussion

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Awesome work, Yuri Project!
This story...I dunno, it was alright. I liked the art. I don't get the ending though. Why was the black-haired girl still into blond chick after all that?

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

@YuriLoveFan

I hated this. Whatever happened to romance? This is just a story about two girls who slept with each other in high school.

Welcome to the manga world.

Then when they met again at the reunion years later, one was getting married and they decided to screw each other anyway.

They were both at fault. Kiwa knew Ririko was getting married, yet she still asked for it.

this woman is marrying some guy who she doesn't even love and I feel bad for HIM!

How do you know she doesn't love the guy she's gonna marry? The guy was never introduced in the story.

Not her, since she's clearly just a slut who will sleep with anybody, as the flashback made sure to clarify. I'm tired of this.

You got that right. I wonder if 'Angst' should be included in the tags?

Something off topic:
Is it just me who's addicted to girls' uniform that includes neckties? It's just so.. So nice.

last edited at Aug 9, 2013 12:31AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

This whole thread is pretty bad tbh.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Why was the black-haired girl still into blond chick after all that?

Clearly, it's because Ririko was her first love, first kiss and first sex. So, of course, her Memory of Ririko will be engraved as 'important' events of her life. Also, it was stated on pg 24 that she liked popular, highly feminine, cute clothes and appearance type of girls, which is basically a description of her first love.

joined Aug 1, 2013

I like it, good art, good story, but like always in the one shots, the poor end leave me a bad taste, i want moreeee

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I imagine they both eloped together.

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

I understand a lot of people didn't like this. But it was a nice story. Good art, well written, just doesn't end how we'd all like. I've read almost every romance tagged story on this site, so I definitely would have liked to see this one turn out well, but in reality... sometimes it ends more like this.

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Awesome work, Yuri Project!
This story...I dunno, it was alright. I liked the art. I don't get the ending though. Why was the black-haired girl still into blond chick after all that?

Because she loves her? She dated other girls, and came to the realization that she still loves Ririka. Hence the bold move at the end here. Frankly, though we're not shown anything definitive, this is a pretty optimistic ending, especially given the setup.

joined Mar 30, 2012

Something off topic:
Is it just me who's addicted to girls' uniform that includes neckties? It's just so.. So nice.

It's not just you :)

I agree the ending seems optimistic too, seems that she actually has some feelings back for the main girl. I think people are somewhat turned off because of confusion near the ending. Almost thought it was another girl she was hitting on at the end until I had to reread from the beginning to sort it out.

last edited at Aug 9, 2013 9:18AM

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Well still disagreed w/ that "optimistic ending" opinion. To me this is always a badly-told (or at least badly-terminated) tragic heart-broken story.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

"the kind of girl who's really my type is the popular girl"

what a coincidence... i feel the same

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

this left me hanging.. really.
but i can't help but think it this way.. they both really love each other.. but both of them thought like they agreed that their relationship is only until graduation.. it'll end on graduation. Like an implied agreement? around page 10, i think Ririko only said that to convince yamano? coz of wut she said.. yamano thought that ririko doesn't love her and wutever relationship they have will end on their grad. For ririko, she thought yamano agreed just becoz of wut she said that it'll end on graduation.

so yeah, i think they both love each other but neither of them knows how each other feels. Neither of them made a move for the other to know how she feels until they meet again..

this is my opinion anyway and this is wut i wanna believe or imagine.. :3 otherwise i'll keep thinking about this rofl.. so don't mind me XD

last edited at Aug 9, 2013 1:15PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

What on earth? I don't get the complaints here at all. The ending basically makes clear that they're going to end up together. It was actually a hugely pleasant surprise and relief, because I was totally expecting a melancholy end. What's the issue?

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

The ending basically makes clear that they're going to end up together.

It's not that basic. Maybe you didn't realize that the dialog on last page are merely credit-page jokes.

Ah32
joined Mar 3, 2011

I think the only thing that's clear from the ending is that Kiwa is going to pursue Ririko and, as for Ririko, she doesn't seem too opposed as she keeps staring and blushing when she looks at cool-looking Kiwa.

Kiwa and Ririko never affirmed any feelings for each other in high school. We don't know whether Ririko really had any boyfriends while they had their heavily (purely?) sexual relationship, as Kiwa never looked at her phone or questioned her directly about it since she didn't want to become one of those girls. When they graduated, they both easily parted ways and didn't seek one another probably because neither pushed for anything more.

I think that this really is a bittersweet story and not to people's liking since neither girl fought for the love of the other unlike some of our other favorites. I find this pretty realistic in the sense that they were both very insecure as teens and probably still are as adults, actually.

last edited at Aug 9, 2013 8:52PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

It's not that basic. Maybe you didn't realize that the dialog on last page are merely credit-page jokes.

Actually I totally did. I'm talking about the actual pages, not the credits. The story ends with them clasping hands and Kiwa's avowal to never let Ririko slip away again. That's more than enough for me to conclude a happy ending.

last edited at Aug 9, 2013 9:33PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Something off topic:

Beats the hell out of sailor uniforms, that's for sure.

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

this is usually what happens in reality. together forever is mostly fiction.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Actually I totally did. I'm talking about the actual pages, not the credits. The story ends with them clasping hands and Kiwa's avowal to never let Ririko slip away again. That's more than enough for me to conclude a happy ending.

Since you are OK with that credit-page joke, you should have known that everyone was complaining the difference between the formar half and the latter half of the story itself. They just don't connect.

last edited at Aug 10, 2013 1:43AM

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

The ending could be better but at least there was a tiny bit of hope for the dark hair girl. At least neither of them went into ... trashy road and slept with everything that walked...

06198ea848e13a290fe7a6a3314d5a8c
joined Feb 1, 2013

Something off topic:

Beats the hell out of sailor uniforms, that's for sure.

Totally agree! XD

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I think the only thing that's clear from the ending is that Kiwa is going to pursue Ririko and, as for Ririko, she doesn't seem too opposed as she keeps staring and blushing when she looks at cool-looking Kiwa.

Kiwa and Ririko never affirmed any feelings for each other in high school. We don't know whether Ririko really had any boyfriends while they had their heavily (purely?) sexual relationship, as Kiwa never looked at her phone or questioned her directly about it since she didn't want to become one of those girls. When they graduated, they both easily parted ways and didn't seek one another probably because neither pushed for anything more.

I think that this really is a bittersweet story and not to people's liking since neither girl fought for the love of the other unlike some of our other favorites. I find this pretty realistic in the sense that they were both very insecure as teens and probably still are as adults, actually.

I always wondered about the gossip about how she was boycrazy and how she stole someone's boyfriend, makes you wonder how much of that was really true and how much was just hearsay.

joined May 23, 2013

Ok it seems one person actually thank yuri project and the editor that put the work into this. Even if the story seems off. I got to say first, this is not a romantic story it doesn’t say it on the tag , is a realistic yuri teenage drama story. Ririko is not your tipical lovely lesbian, but a bi. It is true most of the girls that go to a girl’s school are this type of girl, who just want to have sex with a girl. It is a lesson in life to understand that not everything is wonderful in a yuri story. We will never know if Ririko was actually a slut so don’t insinuate things just because those girls were talking about her hanging out with lots of guys and stealing boys. We never found out if she was with a guy while with kiwa and she most likely hook up with a jerk after leaving kiwa. The only thing we know is that to begin with it was kiwa’s fault for not letting Ririko know about her feelings because she didn’t even know she was gay yet. She let her go, and Ririko being the typical bi fell for a dude. Shit happens…that’s just the way it is. Now it seems in the end they find each other again after years of being away from each other and now kiwa actually love Ririko. R as seen still had felt feelings for kiwa it seems Ririko just got together with the men who knows maybe to please her family? or just wanted to please her bi egotistical being. In the end the sex scenes weren’t even that apparent it mainly focus of a girl and her feeling to her high school sweetheart…if you didn’t read it with an open mind you will never have spotted any of this things. That’s why a true lesbian shall double think about falling for a bi. Lesson learn. Now we know what we look forward from the author in the future and what we get out of mangas…make sure you look at the tabs and beware. In another note I don’t know if anyone even knew but this author is use to writing shoujo manga. Guys everywhere, she doesn’t have enough experience writing about lesbian true love maybe because she hasn’t even experience about being a lesbian first hand but a bi. I’m a lesbian but this story was in a bi perspective. I have nothing against bisexuality unless I play through I have friends who are indeed like ririko….hooking up with guys and girls and so forth so those girls exist. Most of the time because they don’t even know what they are looking for, unless they have one preference over another, so beware to lesbians falling for these girls. They can break your heart into tiny little pieces.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

@Queenofyuri My exact sentiments about the manga.

last edited at Aug 12, 2013 3:58AM

joined May 10, 2013

Ok it seems one person actually thank yuri project and the editor that put the work into this. Even if the story seems off. I got to say first, this is not a romantic story it doesn’t say it on the tag , is a realistic yuri teenage drama story. Ririko is not your tipical lovely lesbian, but a bi. It is true most of the girls that go to a girl’s school are this type of girl, who just want to have sex with a girl. It is a lesson in life to understand that not everything is wonderful in a yuri story. We will never know if Ririko was actually a slut so don’t insinuate things just because those girls were talking about her hanging out with lots of guys and stealing boys. We never found out if she was with a guy while with kiwa and she most likely hook up with a jerk after leaving kiwa. The only thing we know is that to begin with it was kiwa’s fault for not letting Ririko know about her feelings because she didn’t even know she was gay yet. She let her go, and Ririko being the typical bi fell for a dude. Shit happens…that’s just the way it is. Now it seems in the end they find each other again after years of being away from each other and now kiwa actually love Ririko. R as seen still had felt feelings for kiwa it seems Ririko just got together with the men who knows maybe to please her family? or just wanted to please her bi egotistical being. In the end the sex scenes weren’t even that apparent it mainly focus of a girl and her feeling to her high school sweetheart…if you didn’t read it with an open mind you will never have spotted any of this things. That’s why a true lesbian shall double think about falling for a bi. Lesson learn. Now we know what we look forward from the author in the future and what we get out of mangas…make sure you look at the tabs and beware. In another note I don’t know if anyone even knew but this author is use to writing shoujo manga. Guys everywhere, she doesn’t have enough experience writing about lesbian true love maybe because she hasn’t even experience about being a lesbian first hand but a bi. I’m a lesbian but this story was in a bi perspective. I have nothing against bisexuality unless I play through I have friends who are indeed like ririko….hooking up with guys and girls and so forth so those girls exist. Most of the time because they don’t even know what they are looking for, unless they have one preference over another, so beware to lesbians falling for these girls. They can break your heart into tiny little pieces.

the Queen has spoken ..

To reply you must either login or sign up.