Forum › Cocytus discussion

joined Jan 19, 2015

Kuroneko reminds me of Reina from Sound E for some reason lol

E4
joined Aug 2, 2015

Kuroneko reminds me of Reina from Sound E for some reason lol

YES! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so lol

joined Jul 18, 2015

There was not enough development but they wanted to end it so I guess it's understandable that they rushed through this manga.
I'm still sad that it ended so abruptly, this could have gotten a lot more popularity.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

At the end is ch 2 when she said she felt like crying was she happy or sad?

It could be interpreted in both ways - though it seems that Shina feels more sad than happy.

Happy that she isn't the only one feeling something for Kuroneko and that both parties have mutual feelings for each other.
Sad that even though her love is fulfilled, they can't go on because Shina knows that her "friendship" would be cut off if she were to enter into a relationship with Kuroneko OR they'd have to keep their relationship a secret (which most likely Kuroneko wouldn't oblige to do from how she's portrayed in this manga - given the fact that she lashed out after telling everyone that she and Shina would have went all the way if it weren't for their periods).

Shina would have to choose between her relationship with Kuroneko or her social standing with her classmates. Either way, she loses out in something.

Kinda hard to say she loses out if she cuts off her social standing with classmates. Estranging yourself is by no means a good thing, but setting up personal boundaries against those who interfere where they have no business interfering is a healthy activity. I think she's at least subconsciously aware of it at this point.

Very well could be that she theoretically holds off on her response for awhile, but she already is doubting the value of her relationship with her friends. Eventually the confirmed value of her budding love for Kuroneko would override that.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

i liked it, and like most of everyone's sentiments, wish it were longer. :) there's still more stuff to delve into.
i kinda feel sorry for kuroneko, if this is how she lives her life, she's not gonna last very long.
judging by shiina's reaction, she still wont be able stand up for kuroneko. but i guess, we'll never know now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well now, that was underwhelming.

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well now, that was underwhelming.

Agreed

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

didn't like this story.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I liked how the ending was left open to interpretation...
But the subtlety makes me wonder Kuroneko didnt already have her figured out and rather than "confessing" she responded to a confession?... just before the mc could figure it out or admit/say it themselves...
And the tears where the mc being overwhelmed by first love, or the stength/"nobleness" of the one she loved...
I dunno, it could also go the other way like bad really bad, secret rendezvous, negative emotionally abusive interactions...who knows...
For such a short series its pretty powerful stuff...

"Why do I feel like crying?" explains everyone's reactions to this ending.

DAMN, pretty much describing my feelings after reading this. There has be more than just this.

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

Maybe it's better it ends here. The story can go two ways: (1) accept Kuroneko and live being ostracized (not much of a story after that if it stays away from friendship-is-magic acceptance from the peers); or (2) reject Kuroneko, cue Citrus-level drama and angst. The chapters told a story of drama and knew when to end: before it got bad.

last edited at Aug 19, 2015 3:32PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Maybe it's better it ends here.

I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one here who thought like that. I was beggining to think there's something wrong with me.

joined Jul 8, 2013

That wasn't really a satisfying ending in the slightest. But I kinda agree with what some others are saying, I get the feeling it would only get worse if it went on for even just a page more at this point.

last edited at Aug 19, 2015 4:30PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

I actually thought it was a good ending. In a long series, it'd probably suck bigtime, but it work'd well in the context of a two-shot.

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

Could have been better if there was a last page where she acceptes kuroneko and says something like: "Together we will be happy". I just like a happy end in this cold cold world.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I actually liked it. I thought it worked perfectly as 2 chapters oneshot. And honestly. Comparing to some oneshots endings, this one was pretty good and told us enough to make some conclusions.

I personally think Shiina felt like crying because she realize that her life will change forever and she is not prepared for it. She is weak-willed and fallen for Kuroneko probably because she is exact opposite of her. Shiina was drawn by her frank personality hence first kiss (she said she herself didn't know why she kissed her). Still she hoped her relationship with Kuroneko somehow will remain hidden so she won't have to deal with her friends, since she knows she won't be able to. But then Kuroneko crushed any hope of that. At first Shiina does what she thought about doing from the beginning "it's not worth losing my place for someone like Kuroneko" (1 chapter) and she started avoiding her. But because she still had feelings for Kuronoeko and couldn't endure watching her suffer (even worse if Kuroneko herself doesn't think about it as suffering, making Shiina feel even more guilty, worrying for both of them), she helps her and decided to continue what she started (aka have sex). Shiina might still think that she will be able to hid it somehow, make it one time thing or something, but then Kuroneko confesses her feelings and it all crumbles. Shiina should be feeling happy, their feelings are mutual, but she is just overwhelmed by the truth, that with Kuroneko, the entire life she knew and managed to adapt to ends here. She is just unable to feel joy at the moment, because she is painfully aware of what will come next.

I think the reason why there is no more chapters is because from now one it would be just the same drama over and over again. Shiina can't deal with social pressure and Kuroneko have to support her. I think author realized that it wouldn't be interesting and just finished before things would get stall.

Razov

Could have been better if there was a last page where she acceptes kuroneko and says something like: "Together we will be happy". I just like a happy end in this cold cold world.

It wouldn't work, because it isn't happy ending per se. I'd say it is more realistic end, where Shiina is aware that even if they both love each other, it is far from end of troubles for her. If anything the true path full of obstacles starts now and she is honestly so not confident she is prepare for it, that she wants to cry. Hard to call it happy ending.

last edited at Aug 19, 2015 5:32PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

Could have been better if there was a last page where she acceptes kuroneko and says something like: "Together we will be happy".

I agree with Nevri. A happy ending would accomplish nothing here. The theme wasn't exactly romance, but MC's need to belong to the group being bigger than the desire to be herself... Also, the ending was more of a provocation; answering the question would make a much more forgetable story imo. I do understand your appreciation of happy endings, tho.

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

There was not enough development but they wanted to end it so I guess it's understandable that they rushed through this manga.
I'm still sad that it ended so abruptly, this could have gotten a lot more popularity.

????????
Isn't this 5 chapters?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I like how author treated us a adults and didn't spell everything. Sometimes life just isn't that simple.

sarroush

????????
Isn't this 5 chapters?

The rest is different series.

last edited at Aug 19, 2015 5:34PM

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

I like how author treated us a adults and didn't spell everything. Sometimes life just isn't that simple.

sarroush

????????
Isn't this 5 chapters?

The rest is different series.

Ooh, alright, thanks.
Well that sucks.

joined Jul 20, 2011

Poor black cat.
I hate bullies with a passion! I'm kinda glad I'm not prone to violence.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

(not much of a story after that if it stays away from friendship-is-magic acceptance from the peers);

The most realistic way of handling that is probably to have the group Shiina was a part of mostly not accept them (especially that really bitchy one whose name I can't be bothered to remember) but most others not really care one way or the other.

joined Jan 11, 2015

Kuruneko is a good girl. She doesn't deserve being bullied

joined Aug 16, 2014

She doesn't deserve being bullied

Does someone, tho? =x

joined Jan 11, 2015

She doesn't deserve being bullied

Does someone, tho? =x

No one does, of course

To reply you must either login or sign up.