Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Idk where should I ask and I don't want to make new thread just for that. Is there a way to suggest adding pictures? I see only request form for series.

EDIT/ Lol 100 post already o.o

last edited at Jul 2, 2015 5:45PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I don't know how hard would be to include it, since it seems it's not the typical type of forum which was phpbb?

Dynasty's forums are completely custom, not a pre-existing software. So in order for something like that to be added it has to wait for someone responsible for coding the site has time to do so. Implementing a custom Google search should be reasonably easy. Actually adding the ability to search through the forums itself to the site's main search would probably be quite a bit more complicated.

Also phpBB isn't the typical type of forum software. It's just one of the more common ones since it's free. You'll find that a ton of professional sites use vBulletin or, in the last few years, XenForo too. (Both of which are actually very common and you have to pay for them.) And on top of that there's several other free forum softwares such as Simple Machine Forums or MyBB, just they're nowhere near as common as phpBB.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The reader doesn't work that great on my phone. I just tried to read voice of her finger tips. I'd touch the page to go forward and there was no indication that it was loading like i often get.
For loading itself sometimes it takes over two minutes just to load the next page, longer if the first page is huge and full colour. Sometimes it doesn't take that long, so it varies.
There's also a lack of the chapter page links that are on the left side like in browser version.
Everything else works pretty well, it's just the reader. :l

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

I don't know who's in charge of handling the suggested tag changes or how one is notified, but I have made tag suggestions as early as June 24th and no one has gotten on them. Also, if there was a way to remove a suggestion after you make it, that would be great too. I accidentally clicked on something before thinking and now I can't find a way to get rid of it so a mod doesn't have to immediately toss it aside. I've been on the site not too terribly long, so I don't know if this is a temporary problem or something that can be permanently adjusted. Either way, I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't know who's in charge of handling the suggested tag changes or how one is notified, but I have made tag suggestions as early as June 24th and no one has gotten on them.

I apologize for this, and will respond to them as soon as possible.

Also, if there was a way to remove a suggestion after you make it, that would be great too.

There currently is not, unfortunately.

I accidentally clicked on something before thinking and now I can't find a way to get rid of it so a mod doesn't have to immediately toss it aside. I've been on the site not too terribly long, so I don't know if this is a temporary problem or something that can be permanently adjusted.

Well, the issue of no tag suggestions being completed was brought on by a multitude of factors. The first time it's been like this in my 25 months here. Rest assured it won't happen again.

Thank you, by the way.

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 2:36PM

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

Thetsuuyaku have released chapter 20 of Oddman 11 in June. I was wondering why there had been no releases in this series for a while...

http://thetsuuyaku.blogspot.com/2015/06/oddman-11-chp-20.html

EDIT: Submitted upload request.

EDIT2: Another thing:
I think there's an error in the reader concerning the author of Homun★culus. According to the reader is one "Anekono Techo" (no other works or aliases), but as I (and e-hentai) see it, it's actually Koume Keito, whose circle name is Aneko no Techo. The name is spelled anekono techo in the work in question, though.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 8:26AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

If there are some other recent posts that need tending to here, point me to them, or I'll glance back over the topic shortly. Many apologies for the delay.

Thetsuuyaku have released chapter 20 of Oddman 11 in June. I was wondering why there had been no releases in this series for a while...

http://thetsuuyaku.blogspot.com/2015/06/oddman-11-chp-20.html

EDIT: Submitted upload request.

We just missed it, uploaded

EDIT2: Another thing:
I think there's an error in the reader concerning the author of Homun★culus. According to the reader is one "Anekono Techo" (no other works or aliases), but as I (and e-hentai) see it, it's actually Koume Keito, whose circle name is Aneko no Techo. The name is spelled anekono techo in the work in question, though.

Fixed, thank you.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I don't know who's in charge of handling the suggested tag changes or how one is notified, but I have made tag suggestions as early as June 24th and no one has gotten on them.

I apologize for this, and will respond to them as soon as possible.

Also, if there was a way to remove a suggestion after you make it, that would be great too.

There currently is not, unfortunately.

I accidentally clicked on something before thinking and now I can't find a way to get rid of it so a mod doesn't have to immediately toss it aside. I've been on the site not too terribly long, so I don't know if this is a temporary problem or something that can be permanently adjusted.

Well, the issue of no tag suggestions being completed was brought on by a multitude of factors. The first time it's been like this in my 25 months here. Rest assured it won't happen again.

Thank you, by the way.

May I know what happened? I'm curious how suggestions get handled internally. I've also had tag suggestions not being handled for weeks and later suggestions were completed instead. Is it because it's "controversial" or is there a different reason?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

May I know what happened?

I was dealing with some personal issues, then sick, on vacation, sick. drpepperfan was a bit busy, and overwhelmed from having to do the uploading mostly by himself.

I'm curious how suggestions get handled internally. I've also had tag suggestions not being handled for weeks and later suggestions were completed instead. Is it because it's "controversial" or is there a different reason?

Most likely controversial. Sometimes a tag suggestion is so fringe-y we have to discuss it, shelve it, and then discuss it again later before redefining how we apply something (unlike others that are extremely simple).

Typically speaking, they're handled by one of the ~4 uploaders accepting/rejecting individually, but leaving certain ones open for other looks.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It looks my question got overlooked. Is there a way to suggest/upload pictures? I might be just blind, but I only see form to suggest mangas.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

It looks my question got overlooked. Is there a way to suggest/upload pictures? I might be just blind, but I only see form to suggest mangas.

At the moment, you can just use the manga requester to request images, by linking to the pics and giving artist names and stuff. There's no actual image requesting function atm, but that works good enough for now.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

May I suggest Hand-holding tag?

Hard to implement?

Also suggesting Double pages. Argh.

Hmm, what for, if I might ask?

What 'bout a Delinquent tag?

...maybe.

Idk where should I ask and I don't want to make new thread just for that. Is there a way to suggest adding pictures? I see only request form for series.

This is the right place to ask. Currently it's not completely supported, but you may use the manga form if you're interested. If requesting multiple works from one artist, just put in one request with the artist's name and put the links in the description. If requesting multiple works from various artists, leave the author field blank and either provide links or a single compiled zip file.

Keep in mind it will be a while before you see them on site, so don't fret if a few days pass and you don't see them up yet. Happy requesting!

Edit: Sniped.

The reader doesn't work that great on my phone. I just tried to read voice of her finger tips. I'd touch the page to go forward and there was no indication that it was loading like i often get.
For loading itself sometimes it takes over two minutes just to load the next page, longer if the first page is huge and full colour. Sometimes it doesn't take that long, so it varies.
There's also a lack of the chapter page links that are on the left side like in browser version.
Everything else works pretty well, it's just the reader. :l

Sorry, I think this one is out of my field :(

last edited at Jul 11, 2015 7:13PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

At the moment, you can just use the manga requester to request images, by linking to the pics and giving artist names and stuff. There's no actual image requesting function atm, but that works good enough for now.

I thought it might be the case. Thanks and sorry to bother you.

EDIT/

This is the right place to ask. Currently it's not completely supported, but you may use the manga form if you're interested. If requesting multiple works from one artist, just put in one request with the artist's name and put the links in the description. If requesting multiple works from various artists, leave the author field blank and either provide links or a single compiled zip file.

Keep in mind it will be a while before you see them on site, so don't fret if a few days pass and you don't see them up yet. Happy requesting!

Edit: Sniped.

Thanks anyway <3

last edited at Jul 11, 2015 7:42PM

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Forgive me if this has been asked for before, but I didn't see it when I skimmed through this thread...

Would it be possible to tag series that are cancelled or abandoned by either the author or the scanlators? There's nothing worse than getting to the end of a really really good manga (like, for example, Flower Flower or Gretel) and finding out (only after reading the related thread) that there will never be a continuation. I know that it is usually marked at the top of the individual manga's page, but if you search on tags, sometimes you jump into the middle of the series, read a little, and then jump back to the first chapter and read through, all without ever seeing the manga's page.

No need to separate out with one tag for cancelled and one for abandoned. Just a simple tag saying Series cut short or just no end would do the trick.

joined Jun 18, 2014

Are private messages possible?

joined Jan 30, 2013

Sadly, they aren't.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Are we no longer tagging everything Uko with Non-moe art?
It's honestly a pretty weird tag in the first place.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yea. It suggest that we are so used to moe, that we have to be warned if something isn't drawn that way. That being said I don't mind that tag, since "non-moe art" mangas are usually really good and that makes searching for them easier.

joined Jan 30, 2013

That being said I don't mind that tag, since "non-moe art" mangas are usually really good and that makes searching for them easier.

This is very true. Please don't stop using that tag.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yea. It suggest that we are so used to moe, that we have to be warned if something isn't drawn that way. That being said I don't mind that tag, since "non-moe art" mangas are usually really good and that makes searching for them easier.

Tags aren't solely for warning, they're often for categorization. Having a "romance" tag doesn't suggest we're used to non-romantic yuri, it's just a category.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Tags aren't solely for warning, they're often for categorization. Having a "romance" tag doesn't suggest we're used to non-romantic yuri, it's just a category.

This tag used to be basically just Uko and some stuff from pre-YH magazines, which never seemed to make much sense. Now it includes more recent doujins and works with unconventional art, which is good, but it means the tag makes even less sense. Is Takemiya's art in Irrational Us really much more moe than Uko's work? It just seems odd to be using the same tag for the art Collectors (which is angular but otherwise professional and conventional) and this or this.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I agree to some extent, it's a pretty confusing tag and one that is pretty subjective. Personally I don't think Nishi Uko stuff requires the tag, but it's hard to know whether or not that means it shouldnt be tagged with it. Hmmmmm

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I understand that. But that would mean, we would need different tags for all different styles of drawing to be consistent. My point was that we got so used to moe art that person adding that manga felt the need to tag it as "non-moe art" because that particular work had artwork so different that he/she thought people might not like it so they should be warn in advance.

I personally think this tag is pointless, since it honestly doesn't give you any valuable info. People who are picky about art should just judge work by themself. I suggested leaving it only because I know that most manga tagged as it are good, so it makes searching for them easier, when I want to re-read them.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

I think the controls for large images are poorly designed. Usually I use the left/right arrow keys to flip through the pages. If a page is larger than the screen (usually because it's a spread), the keys are used for scrolling. However, and this is the problem, once the edge is reached, the reader immediately flips to the next page. That is super annoying. My suggested solution would be this:
If the user keeps holding the arrow key the scrolling simply stops at the edge. If he then lets go of the key and afterwards presses the direction while already at the end, the reader flips to the next or previous page.

last edited at Jul 23, 2015 4:55AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

I think the resize button in the top right corner should take care of that.

edit: okay, so it doesn't always resize properly

last edited at Jul 23, 2015 6:56AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.