Forum › I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me discussion

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

This is awesome!

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I want this to be a full on series. Maybe with shenanigans with his bff along the way, but girls just keep getting in the way, until he just shouts out that he's gay and runs away with his new boyf into the sunset.

Though the fanclub would still just squee over that but STILL THERE IS SO MUCH POTENTIAL FOR A SERIES HERE waaaa

joined Jun 12, 2012

Haven't read anything this good in years.

Z118074050
joined Feb 1, 2013

usually i don't like manga which has harem tag but the title gay catch my attention,

Nina Crepaldi
Fairy_tail_zero_ch03_12%20-%20c%c3%b3pia
joined Dec 7, 2014

This title will make me laugh forever, seriously

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Wow, this has a shitload of views according to the main page... Yaoi tags kinda fenced me off, but I am glad I read this brilliant work.

joined May 23, 2013

I'll switch body's with you man, I am on a boy harem and yes I am a lesbian. Want to switch...you can have this guys muscles I'll have all those beautiful girls ;)

joined Mar 23, 2013

Wow, this has a shitload of views according to the main page...

"Dynasty is a yaoi reader" - Some dynasty staffer years ago ( I'm sorry my memory isn't superhuman )

joined Jan 30, 2013

Wow, this has a shitload of views according to the main page... Yaoi tags kinda fenced me off, but I am glad I read this brilliant work.

Oh wow you're right. I've never seen something that high, this may be a record. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Oh wow you're right. I've never seen something that high, this may be a record. Wouldn't that be ironic?

With a name and story like that I would be more surprised if this thread didn't have a lot of views, a shame we can't see how many times a manga was read, just how many views it's thread have.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Front page record at least.

Prevous highest one I had notice was chapter 1 for Their Story, nearing 40k. Popular series get 25k-ish tops, average on stuff is around 15-20k, It's usually unique one-shots (like this one) that go above 30k.

(had also noticed that stuff stays there for 10 days instead of 7, and the view counter bugs out)

last edited at Jul 19, 2015 4:02PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

"Dynasty is a yaoi reader" - Some dynasty staffer years ago ( I'm sorry my memory isn't superhuman )

Are you sure that was years ago? I fairly clearly remember reading something like that since I joined the site and it was a new comment at the time.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Are you sure that was years ago? I fairly clearly remember reading something like that since I joined the site and it was a new comment at the time.

It bears repeating.

Rsz_mlg_yes__precure_5____by_candygirl4226-d8kc01n
joined Apr 22, 2015

I love how this reading depicts on harem cliches with a gay protagonist. xD

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Yes! Finally an author who knows how shitty harem manga are!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!! Favourite!!!

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Just read this again. Truly one of the greatest things ever made by mankind.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

This is one of the smartest, funniest & downright magical doujins I've ever read. I don't really dig Yaoi & I fucking despise het Harem, But this is amazing. I want a continuation.....Hell, I want an anime adaption! This is awesome!

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 6:05PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

This is one of the smartest, funniest & downright magical doujins I've ever read. I don't really dig Yaoi & I fucking despise het Harem, But this is amazing. I want a continuation.....Hell, I want an anime adaption! This is awesome!

Dude!!!!! I thought i was the only one with this view!!!!! -T.T

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

joined Mar 3, 2017

I only like het harems if the protagonist has, at minimum, common sense. This happens with depressing rarity.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nekofanatic posted:

I only like het harems if the protagonist has, at minimum, common sense. This happens with depressing rarity.

Is this even a thing that's ever actually happened? I avoid stuff like that like the plague to begin with because it's infested with generic protagonists who I absolutely cannot stand but I've never heard of any that doesn't have a protagonist like that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nekofanatic posted:

Is this even a thing that's ever actually happened? I avoid stuff like that like the plague to begin with because it's infested with generic protagonists who I absolutely cannot stand but I've never heard of any that doesn't have a protagonist like that.

Negima certainly has flashes of that, which is likely a result of the fact that he didn't want to make it a harem story in the first place. From what I gather, the author had been doing harems for so long he wanted to do something different but his publisher wanted another Love Hina and put pressure on him. The result was him doing what he could to make it an anti-harem, and goes a long way to explaining the genre shift part-way through.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Nekofanatic posted:

Negima certainly has flashes of that, which is likely a result of the fact that he didn't want to make it a harem story in the first place. From what I gather, the author had been doing harems for so long he wanted to do something different but his publisher wanted another Love Hina and put pressure on him. The result was him doing what he could to make it an anti-harem, and goes a long way to explaining the genre shift part-way through.

When I reread Negima, I tend to skip the first few volumes and start around the trip to Kyoto or the cultural festival. And I'll always believe that when Konoka and Setsuna were stated to have married in the same year, that it was to each other.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nekofanatic posted:

When I reread Negima, I tend to skip the first few volumes and start around the trip to Kyoto or the cultural festival. And I'll always believe that when Konoka and Setsuna were stated to have married in the same year, that it was to each other.

Well, the ending was terrible in just about every sense. I got the impression the author was under pressure to wrap things up, so just blatted whatever down on the page whether it made sense or not. Nothing at all got a satisfactory resolution. I assume the last part, from the game of tag on forward, just doesn't exist because none of it adds anything to the story we've already got.

Also, Yui is gay as hell and both her roommate and the knight prodigy girl both want her bad.

joined Mar 3, 2017

Can someone make a series out of this? I'd love to see this guy's life play out. XD

joined Mar 3, 2017

I know this is one of those one's that's meant to be a one-shot, but it would be absolutely hilarious if someone made a short OVA out of it. Maybe like 4 or 5 ten-minute episodes.

last edited at Sep 9, 2017 2:45PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.