Forum › Hana and Hina After School discussion

joined Sep 27, 2014

Seems like an interesting series

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

This looks like a promising series. And I'm always a fan of height differences.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Looks promising. I like the idea that Hina is actually a kid and Hana is the older one.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

This is quite basic,but It Works as hell.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Morinaga's best work is when she sticks to the basics. Girl meets girl. They fall in love. Girl Friends and Kisses, Sighs and Cherry Blossom Pink are, to me, her best work and they're the most grounded of her stories. Hopefully this will have a similarly organic relationship.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Morinaga's best work is when she sticks to the basics. Girl meets girl. They fall in love. Girl Friends and Kisses, Sighs and Cherry Blossom Pink are, to me, her best work and they're the most grounded of her stories. Hopefully this will have a similarly organic relationship.

They're both decent, but c'mon, Mare was her masterpiece.

joined May 19, 2011

I love morinaga milk, every series is the same two character designs. It really makes it feel like none of her series ever dies, though I hope she gets to the relationship part of this series a little faster than in, say, girlfriends.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Loving it so far. :3

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I love morinaga milk, every series is the same two character designs. It really makes it feel like none of her series ever dies, though I hope she gets to the relationship part of this series a little faster than in, say, girlfriends.

+1

Photo_2017-09-25_19-58-19
joined Jan 17, 2014

Just too cute! I was missing Morinaga-sensei's stuff and this looks like it will be a nice series, can't wait for the next chapter!

joined Jan 8, 2014

optomistic to see more of this series ....and hopefully more cute costumes! Lol ^_^

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

something new! I like it! (y)

K-8mrinwxaaz9-lt_gbsmjyizpi6k9rxvvyg8qyvh-o
joined Jun 24, 2015

Milk really does like those short black haired and long blond haired girls doesn't she. Looks like good stuff though!

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

"No part-time work?!" Do Japanese schools really hammer on all of these extraneous details about how a student is supposed to comport oneself outside of school? I mean seriously.

joined Oct 13, 2014

so what happened to that other morinaga manga with that school girl cop?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Heard the second volume was licensed.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

As always with Morinaga Milk, this looks very cute. I have one problem with the translation, though; saying "gyaru" instead of "gal". I've always felt that sort of transliteration to make an English word sound Japanese is insulting to the Japanese. As if you're laughing at the Japanese for saying "gyaru" instead of "gal" or 'doriftuto" instead of "drift" or "dorama" instead of "drama." The Japanese are saying English words. It's just the translator insisting on using the Japanese transliteration of the word instead of just using the English word the Japanese are already saying.

18160285_1855872217963427_5205910394689814528_a
joined Aug 31, 2014

Yoshaaaa more myao~

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

That one was School Police. The entire series was published in English by Seven Seas under the name Gakuen Polizi. Volume 1 is here and volume 2, conclusion, is here. I've been assuming that Yuri Project hasn't done a release for so long because of that.

last edited at Jul 1, 2015 11:33PM

joined Oct 13, 2014

That one was School Police. The entire series was published in English by Seven Seas under the name Gakuen Polizi. Volume 1 is here and volume 2, conclusion, is here. I've been assuming that Yuri Project hasn't done a release for so long because of that.

awesome. thanks for the info

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

btw @Yuri Girl 1001, at the top of your credit page, you have Hakamada Mera as the artist for this one lol.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hana_and_hina_after_school_ch01#29

last edited at Jul 1, 2015 11:39PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

As always with Morinaga Milk, this looks very cute. I have one problem with the translation, though; saying "gyaru" instead of "gal". I've always felt that sort of transliteration to make an English word sound Japanese is insulting to the Japanese. As if you're laughing at the Japanese for saying "gyaru" instead of "gal" or 'doriftuto" instead of "drift" or "dorama" instead of "drama." The Japanese are saying English words. It's just the translator insisting on using the Japanese transliteration of the word instead of just using the English word the Japanese are already saying.

Here's an explanation. Normally, if the Japanese uses an English word, I'll use that word in the translation if at all possible. In this case though, it's not possible since gal means two completely different things to English speakers and Japanese speakers. Please see the translators note on page 2 for an explanation. For a more thorough explanation, search gyaru on the web.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Here's an explanation. Normally, if the Japanese uses an English word, I'll use that word in the translation if at all possible. In this case though, it's not possible since gal means two completely different things to English speakers and Japanese speakers. Please see the translators note on page 2 for an explanation. For a more thorough explanation, search gyaru on the web.

I think what motojin means is that Seven Seas officially used "Gal" for "Gyaru" in their manga, and others official licensors have as well. I don't really care either way, myself, but when I read "gal" in manga it's usually referring to the gyaru-type girl.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

btw @Yuri Girl 1001, at the top of your credit page, you have Hakamada Mera as the artist for this one lol.

Proof that for new credits pages I start with old. It's fixed; don't forget to hit refresh to see the fix if you want. A while back when I did a triple chapter release, I accidentally gave all 3 chapters the same name in the credits pages.

Kyosaya_Bubbiline
joined Jun 21, 2015

I love Morinaga Milk as a yuri artist. The drawings are always cute, the stories usually have a happy ending, and the plots flow nicely without too much jumping around. I will definitely be following this series to see how it unfolds, senpai I understand your pain of being older but shorter than your junior...the struggle is real. Hoping this is longer than the Princess Mirror storyline. Also Hina-chan is gorgeous! <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.