Forum › Ultimate Yuri Anime List

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Forgot:

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (Lesbian MC, show suffers from low budget, but it's worth the watch for the MC)

Also for the reminder/not on the list yet of already mentioned:

Maji de Watachi ni Koi Shinasai (yuri side-couple, first appear in ep 09)

last edited at Jun 23, 2015 10:16PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ill get to working on it tomorrow :). I got lazy today lol coming from work around 8 and working since morning kind of made me lazy hehe but no worries as soon as I can tomorrow I will add all the mentioned anime :)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh Ushio I forgot to tell you something use Dailymotion for videos you can't find on youtube copyright strikes are a b*tch innocent starter and eternal blaze, not the best quality but better than nothing.

MagiPoka? I remember only one scene besides that...nope nothing else comes to mind.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I just finished No Game No Life and it totally should be on this list. The way relationship between Clammy and Feel (yes, that is a name) is shown just screams lesbians. Fi (it's how her name is shortened) even says stuff like "I want to be with you forever" and "As long as you are by my side, I don't mind my entire country being destroyed" (the way everyone reacts to that is priceless). They both have much less screen time than rest of the characters, but whenever they are on it, you get to see how close they are, so it's making shipping them even easier. By the end of the show, I actually thought that without a doubt, they will become a official couple in second season. According to how story progressed so far, they will definitely play much more important role there, so they will get more screen time and development.

Excluding yuri couple, all bath scenes are the best fanservice I've seen in ages, that actually openly mocks usual cliches while still giving you plenty "girls being close in bath" stuff. It's kinda spoiler, but scene where Shiro (main female character) washes and snuggles to Izuna's tail (girl from race of animal people) in bath is so freaking adorable I had to search for art with them immediately after seeing that (sadly couldn't find much). I know it won't happen in anime, but I ship them on cuteness level alone. Here is a pic so you can get a glimpse of what I'm talking about (still spoilery so you're looking at your own risk).

last edited at Jun 25, 2015 12:16AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

I did it ;.; I think I put them all down. Why do Japanese Anime have to have such long names -.-. Anyways Please tell me if there is anything I missed ;.; or might of forgotten. I want to thank everyone for their cooperation. I apologize for adding them bit late but work is a pain this week. Please tell me if I missed anything!!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

pat, pat
Good job!

last edited at Jun 25, 2015 8:16PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon does actually have a yuri couple.

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
Lesbian MC, Eruna, show has no actual couple-ing happening, guess subtext works to describe it.

Girlfriend (Kari) 2014
Not a yuri dating game. It just uses a bunch of characters from the game it is based on, there is no male character. Subtext between some of em.

last edited at Jun 25, 2015 8:36PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon does actually have a yuri couple.

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
Lesbian MC, Eruna, show has no actual couple-ing happening, guess subtext works to describe it.

Girlfriend (Kari) 2014
Not a yuri dating game. It just uses a bunch of characters from the game it is based on, there is no male character. Subtext between some of em.

ill fix that later thanks for telling, but oh man D: it would had been great if it was a yuri game D:. Also Im thinking of dding WIXOSS to the list. what do you think flip?

joined Jan 30, 2013

pat, pat
Good job!

thanks friend ;.;

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Also Im thinking of dding WIXOSS to the list. what do you think flip?

Never heard of it... lol

joined Jan 30, 2013

Also Im thinking of dding WIXOSS to the list. what do you think flip?

Never heard of it... lol

You should really check it out, it's really good. It has two seasons and its really not what you think it would be about and it will latterly get you hook. There's plenty of subtext and female bond.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Girls und Panzer (Subtext)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Still building up the list?... I got more...

Hyakko (Subtext)
Psycho Pass (Yuri side-couple)
Negima (Strong subtext, in the manga it is heavily implied that they marry each other in the end)
Gai-rei (yuri, tragic ending)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation (Subtext)
Yama no Susume (Subtext)
Loveless (yuri side-couple, it's a yaoi anime seems like things don't end well for the yuri couple in the manga)
Gokujo (Strong subtext, mostly used for comedy)

I duno bout these:
Attack on Titan (Not a yuri anime (obviously), but Christa and Ymir were a couple in the past?)
The Idolmaster (?)

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 2:12AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Still building up the list?... I got more...

Hyakko (Subtext)
Psycho Pass (Yuri side-couple)
Negima (Strong subtext, in the manga it is heavily implied that they marry each other in the end)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation (Subtext)
Yama no Susume (Subtext)
Loveless (yuri side-couple, it's a yaoi anime seems like things don't end well for the yuri couple in the manga)
Gokujo (Strong subtext, mostly used for comedy)

I duno bout these:
Attack on Titan (Not a yuri anime (obviously), but Christa and Ymir were a couple in the past?)
The Idolmaster (?)

Flips you!! I love you!! Because of you I also remembered the anime Gokujou Seitokai !!! Omg I've been trying to remember it for days now !!! And yes I'll all you segestions as soon as can !!
As for attack on Titan for what I gather from the manga (cause I actually don't watch the anime lol) Christa and Ymir are extremely close friends. Christa I believe somhow sees her older sister at some point in her? (Might be wrong I have not read in a while) Ymir I think does have a thing for her tho lol. (But over all they should tottaly be a thing !!!!)

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 11:55AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Yumikuri was confirmed (SnK).

They're in different places so far as I know now though, and lets face it, it's likely they'll die.

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 11:57AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

They're in different places so far as I know now though, and lets face it, it's likely they'll die.

Holy shet!!! Are you for real?! !!!!!!!!!
Oh my ducking God!!!!! Yaaaaaas!!!!!!
reaction

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

If you don't mind me asking, how was it confirmed? Was it in the story or was it an outside-canon-material confirmation? (By like the mangaka).

Also:

Are you talking about Ga-rei Zero or Ga-rei? I could see Zero, but in Ga-rei it's more subtext and a happy end in the manga for the het couples, which, in other words, is each girl in the yuri couple getting together with a guy.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

If you don't mind me asking, how was it confirmed? Was it in the story or was it an outside-canon-material confirmation? (By like the mangaka).

Also:

Are you talking about Ga-rei Zero or Ga-rei? I could see Zero, but in Ga-rei it's more subtext and a happy end in the manga for the het couples, which, in other words, is each girl in the yuri couple getting together with a guy.

Outside confirmation, but they were pretty shippy anyway.

If you want to know how your mention of ga rei makes me feel, Google nostalgia critic bat credit card.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Pretty sure that Yozakura Quartet has more than subtext; the second season (remake?) has some too if I remember correctly. the kotodama girl (cant remember her name) is a lesbian.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

There is Jormungand, but I think we may be getting a little too accepting of some series just because there is a LITTLE gay in it. Some of these end in het. Jormungand is pretty blatant about it though. It's similar to Black Lagoon and one of the main characters, Valmet, has a very real crush on Koko, whom you could call the protagonist. This is entertained to some degree as Koko often gropes Valmet's breasts. However, Koko has a close relationship with another male main character, Jonah, which some consider a little brother sort of thing but I think it's hard to define, similar to Valmet. As far as I know, Jonah never reciprocates anything as he has a responsibility to protect Koko, as is his job. Considering the type of series and type of character Koko is, being bisexual is probably very likely, if something like that was ever defined. But again, we should be more careful on what we add. Pretty sure this ends pretty openly so that works for it, but yeah.

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 1:38PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

There is Jormungand, but I think we may be getting a little too accepting of some series just because there is a LITTLE gay in it. Some of these end in het.

I think the point was a comprehensive list of all levels of yuri to be found, labaled so that people could identify how much?

I don't think we'll be too accepting until we get to the point where 'two girls were in the same room at some point in the anime'. Admittedly, I myself consider that gay enough thanks to the yurieyes 1000 I got for my birthday, but not everyone has yet.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

There is Jormungand, but I think we may be getting a little too accepting of some series just because there is a LITTLE gay in it. Some of these end in het. Jormungand is pretty blatant about it though. It's similar to Black Lagoon and one of the main characters, Valmet, has a very real crush on Koko, whom you could call the protagonist. This is entertained to some degree as Koko often gropes Valmet's breasts. However, Koko has a close relationship with another male main character, Jonah, which some consider a little brother sort of thing but I think it's hard to define, similar to Valmet. As far as I know, Jonah never reciprocates anything as he has a responsibility to protect Koko, as is his job. Considering the type of series and type of character Koko is, being bisexual is probably very likely, if something like that was ever defined. But again, we should be more careful on what we add. Pretty sure this ends pretty openly so that works for it, but yeah.

Common... I don't wanna believe Koko see Jonah that way, the guy is a kid (most likely 12-14)

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

If you want to know how your mention of ga rei makes me feel, Google nostalgia critic bat credit card.

I just did, and it was mega-amusing. XD

Jormungand

Actually, in the manga Koko kisses Jonah. And (I could be wrong about this part, since it's been a while since I've read it), that's how it ends...with her kissing him. So unfortunately, I don't think their relationship can be described as brotherly.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Common... I don't wanna believe Koko see Jonah that way, the guy is a kid (most likely 12-14)

Well, he is a child soldier and he is a proper teenager by the end, so age hasn't really been a factor for him in his life. I do agree with the little brother thing though, but there are moments where she is a little too affectionate, but I think that's just Koko which is whay I say it's hard to define.

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 2:00PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Anime was amazing. I know it's technically a prequel to manga, but manga retcons a lot of stuff and I didn't like where it was going so I dropped it. Anime has perfect, satisfying ending, so let's just pretend manga doesn't exist.

You can argue that it wasn't stated that they love each other and it could as well be just strong friendship, but I still see it as love story. Especially since this is the anime's selling quote: "Will you kill someone you love because of love?" (spoilers)

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 3:57PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.