Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Ugh. So every time I've had sex drunk I didn't give consent? Sure.

Anyway, found this kind of hard to follow story wise. Not really sure where this is going. Hopefully the next couple chapters are more clear.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

such a minesweeper fail...
regardless, definitely not my cup of tea - pretty boring, art is quite annoying, and what really is crap are the side characters that make me feel sick. Enjoy your ride if you like it, of course, but I'm certainly out.

BAM!. There you have it folks.

Screen%20shot%202015-01-02%20at%2011.59.56%20pm
joined Jun 4, 2015

Wh-... Why are ppl so on edge? Calling rape? lol

Anyways, yet to get a hold of me, anyone read head in from what is translated? What can I expect?

you guys realize any sex with where one party is impaired (such as through drugs or alcohol) they cannot legally give consent. Also a huge percentage of reported rapes are a partner or significant other forcing themselves on their partner

So you're an expert in Korean law?

no I was referencing my countries laws, because korea is decades behind when it comes to human rights.

Anyway, found this kind of hard to follow story wise. Not really sure where this is going. Hopefully the next couple chapters are more clear.

Yes, so if you ever feel like you were taken advantage of you can report it. This isnt rocket science its basic human decency.

joined Mar 12, 2014

It's not rape I can assure you. This story is really awesome when you get caught up with it

21294649_1973051396268417_6602197588240236544_n
joined Jun 7, 2015

Oh my god, I was waiting the translation so badly, thanks a lot <3

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

The rest of the English translated chapters will only be available through overlay. We're currently working to get a program set up for Lezhin's website. So yes, this means you will have to pay for the chapters in order to view them on Lezhin(only the first chapter is free), but it really isn't that expensive (~$3.55 for 21 coins, and each chapter costs 3 coins).

Here's the warning that Lezhin gave:
"The manhwa you are viewing is a pay-to-view manhwa under Lezhin Comic's services, and it is a creation under the protection of the Copyright Act.

Those who screenshot or illegally distribute pay-to-view manhwa without notice will be violating copyright laws, the Juvenile Protection Act, as well as the authors' ownership of the manhwa, and can receive legal sanctions which will include damage compensation charges."

Basically, if you're going to spread images of WDFS anywhere else besides Lezhin, there's a chance you'll have to deal with legal and monetary consequences.

Here are directions on how to make an account/buy chapters. When we finish doing the overlay, Kyra or I will post a guide on how to do that as well.

joined Mar 9, 2015

Does the overlay work on mobile browser? Shame it won't be released ere due to copyright action (boo lezhin).

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Does the overlay work on mobile browser? Shame it won't be released ere due to copyright action (boo lezhin).

Unfortunately, no. The mobile app doesn't include 19+ rated mature manhwa.

Lezhin is just doing what it can to protect artists' rights and their source of income. Unlike FF, WDFS is not a free manhwa after all.

joined Jun 21, 2015

Hello. New reader here.
Love triangle always piques my interest but I feel a bit iffy when I read this story because... Well, it’s a bit boring and overused. The pace is a bit slow to my liking. It's like watching KDrama.
Well, I'm looking forward for the next chapter.

Winchester056
joined Nov 5, 2013

Wh-... Why are ppl so on edge? Calling rape? lol

Anyways, yet to get a hold of me, anyone read head in from what is translated? What can I expect?

you guys realize any sex with where one party is impaired (such as through drugs or alcohol) they cannot legally give consent. Also a huge percentage of reported rapes are a partner or significant other forcing themselves on their partner

So you're an expert in Korean law?

no I was referencing my countries laws, because korea is decades behind when it comes to human rights.

Yes, so if you ever feel like you were taken advantage of you can report it. This isnt rocket science its basic human decency.

You can't force your own morals and opinions on other cultures that's just ignorant and dumb and obviously they have done it before so if she felt violated anytime before this instance she would keep her distance away from the manger and not have sex with her wouldn't she?

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

1) DAYUM PRESIDENT HOT AF
2) I'm worried for this forum if it becomes an angsty love triangle because we don't exactly have a good track record for things like that.

1601027_795818500441432_7671980177939230942_n
joined Apr 14, 2014

The rest of the English translated chapters will only be available through overlay. We're currently working to get a program set up for Lezhin's website. So yes, this means you will have to pay for the chapters in order to view them on Lezhin(only the first chapter is free), but it really isn't that expensive (~$3.55 for 21 coins, and each chapter costs 3 coins).

Here's the warning that Lezhin gave:
"The manhwa you are viewing is a pay-to-view manhwa under Lezhin Comic's services, and it is a creation under the protection of the Copyright Act.

Those who screenshot or illegally distribute pay-to-view manhwa without notice will be violating copyright laws, the Juvenile Protection Act, as well as the authors' ownership of the manhwa, and can receive legal sanctions which will include damage compensation charges."

Basically, if you're going to spread images of WDFS anywhere else besides Lezhin, there's a chance you'll have to deal with legal and monetary consequences.

Wow... what a tease, so basically the ch.1 was posted here just to advertise that Lezhin site, speaking of scumbag move.
So yeah... no thanks for your offering, but ill pass ... tsssk.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 5:21PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

brightway:

Wow... what a tease, so basically the ch.1 was posted here just to advertise that Lezhin site, speaking of scumbag move.

So wait, you're saying you'd rather have no chapter 1 available here for free at all???

A lot of people have expressed interest in this series, which is why the team decided to translate it, despite all the "difficulties" that they experienced a few months back due to ssome people and Lezhin themselves.

But though the team is going ahead with the translation, of course the team is simply working within the bounds of the rules set up by the company.

Do not expect that they're going to risk legal/monetary repercussions on their personal behalf for the sake of making it completely convenient for people like you.

And besides, it is extremely likely that if they post all the chapters on Dynasty, it'll be taken down within days, so that would be a pointless endeavor.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 10:42PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Eh, not good enough to pay for. ty, but noty.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

wow. talk about shit. this thread that is. /u/ should learn to lurk moar people before you say stuff that are just downright facepalm-worthy. sigh.

thank you halmoni, kyra, jrdrp_18 & others who make this possible. and for bearing these overbearing people

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 5:38PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

palakangorange:

thank you halmoni, kyra, jrdrp_18, anon & others who make this possible. and for bearing these overbearing people

Scratch me off that list. I had absolutely nothing to do with this.

(And TBH, I don't really do much for FF either.)

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

palakangorange:

thank you halmoni, kyra, jrdrp_18 & others who make this possible. and for bearing these overbearing people

Scratch me off that list. I had absolutely nothing to do with this.

(And TBH, I don't really do much for FF either.)

my crush is showing. oops. there done :)

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 5:39PM

joined Apr 29, 2013

Will you give us a heads up in here once the program is up? I'm ready to pay for legally translated yuri comics.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 5:50PM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Youre getting into complicated territory with this. Have fun, I'm turning around and walking away.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is what fan entitlement looks like.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Will you give us a heads up in here once the program is up? I'm ready to pay for legally translated yuri comics.

^+1 on that. Really like the art of this series, I'm willing to pay for this translated.

joined Jan 31, 2015

Nezchan:

brightway:

This is what fan entitlement looks like.

Only a fraction of how bad it was on /u/ for FF a while ago. Now that was some real cringeworthy and facepalm-inducing nonsense.

Also, on the subject of entitlement, though I don't usually like to reference videos and stuff, this clip seems relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsOUbZ0Lr0#t=0h00m34s (specifically the part from 00:34 to 1:06)

"Like, how quickly the world owes him something he knew existed only 10 seconds ago."

OK, gonna stop talking about this, as it's rather off-topic and not particularly interesting anyway.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 8:05PM

0asm1
joined Oct 28, 2013

I noticed that Korean pace in their dramas or manhwas tend to ask for more patience, but usually what's good stay good. So what do we have here... 3 hot af office ladies, check. NSFW tag for yuri action with moar lewd promises, check. On the way to a complex story, check. I'm in. I want to see the real fox :D

I'm not fussy about plain background or supporting characters drawing either... I know I'm just as lazy lol.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

YES!! its finally here :D

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Is Lezhin fucking paying me to do this? No. I'm translating WDFS because I think it's a lovely manhwa, people have asked me to do it, and I want to help the authors. But the process is complicated since it isn't free, and Lezhin is basically on the hunt for people who spread illegal copies. Do I care enough about random, entitled internet dweebs to put myself and others in danger of suffering legal repercussions? Sadly, the answer is a big, fat no.

I'm only posting chapter 1 here because it's free, and to notify those who have been interested in this series on how to read more chapters if they so wish to. You can take your basic bitch "pls only give me free manhwa bcuz fuck the author and fuck paying 50 cents per chapter lolzzzz" attitude elsewhere.

I mean, if you really can't afford that, then I wish you luck in the rest of your life endeavors because life's probably hard enough already for you.

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 6:49PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.