Forum › Lily Love discussion

Rsz_uzfg
joined May 24, 2014

I dunno if this was mentioned, but isn't Lily Love like really popular in Thailand right now or did that just happen because one of the scanlators linked the raws?

Haven't read them yet, but sure saw some spoilers. Hella yeah.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Aren't there LOTS OF GAY PEOPZ in thailand??
Would it be that bad to out oneself?... O_o

DONUT, GO FOR IT, CONFESS!!! >~<

Google tells me that they're not so tolerant to their own, but it's good for tourists?

I'm tired and probably read it wrong, but holy crap, a day or so Nezchan? I had no idea people could be so sure of themselves, kind of makes me feel bad.

Whilst I'm not exactly an authority on good friendship (because to the few unfortunate enough to consider me such, I have been a terrible one, as I'm sure you can imagine), I think it's a little much to condem the friend for focusing on supporting rather than what's negative about coming out? A worldly friend would be nice, but one with less forsight isn't bad.

Not to mention, Donut actually lives in that culture so she's probably got some idea of how people as a rule see homosexuality. I doubt her friend would be telling her much she didn't know (assuming her friend is even more knowledgeable about it). A big part of what she's saying here is "You won't lose me as a friend", which is important.

And ffs, any of the queer folks here, would potential negatives make you stop being queer? How would telling her about homophobia (again, assuming she didn't know) change Mew any more than it would change the people here?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

And ffs, any of the queer folks here, would potential negatives make you stop being queer? How would telling her about homophobia (again, assuming she didn't know) change Mew any more than it would change the people here?

I doubt it would change Mew, but a lot of gay people in asia hide themselves and marry the oposite sex for various reasons, like Bridesmaid.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 5:28PM

Lholhli
joined Mar 7, 2014

In Thailand Lily Love is reach 1.5m view in ookbee.com(manga reader in Thailand)

yeah in Thailand have some lesbian people but have a lot of tomboy too :) sry for poor english.

joined Mar 30, 2012

"I don't want to spoil our friendship with random hugs"

"Let's ignore her completely from now on. I'm sure it will not spoil our friendship".

Oy... are you stupid?

That's what I always think when I see this.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

SeriWolfy

I dunno if this was mentioned, but isn't Lily Love like really popular in Thailand right now or did that just happen because one of the scanlators linked the raws?

It is very popular in Thailand (1 500 000+ views on ookbee, it's first manga which reached 1M there I think). And Ratana didn't expect so many fans who will buy her volume. But I think it was obvious because story is great :D

They promoted this on Thailand Comic Con
http://three-musqueerteers.tumblr.com/post/117764703971/look-who-is-on-thailand-comic-con-mew-from
and there was also a cosplay:
http://three-musqueerteers.tumblr.com/post/118269157726/lily-love-cosplay-mew-donut-on-thailand-comic

Also it's not like that Lily Love is her first manga or something. Thai people knew her art before (but not yuri - from yuri genre she made 1 one shot (if I remember correctly, but maybe there was few xD) and LL as longer series)

About views, of course it is also connected with us ^///^ (I will "humbly" say). International fans also are giving views there.

And well... this project was just a random idea. Kibufu (TN), Coco (QC) and me are in the same group on FB and one time Kibufu posted raws there. And I somehow told her that she could translate this for us because manga looks promising and art is gorgeous XD. She was excited but wasn't sure if her English is on right level for this job so Coco said she can help her and I decided to edit this. Then we contacted Ratana and this is how this whole thing started :D

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 5:40PM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I'm just glad there was no faffing about or needless drama. I don't think I could deal with 6 chapters of "but it's impossible for a girl to like a girl!" or "we can't be together!" nonsense. Realistic, perhaps, but also tedious to read about when the conclusion is foregone anyway. :v

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Also it's not like that Lily Love is her first manga or something. Thai people knew her art before (but not yuri - from yuri genre she made 1 one shot (if I remember correctly, but maybe it was few xD) and LL as longer series)

Even if it's not Yuri, someone need to translate her other works, and that oneshot is Bridesmaid or other story?

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 5:43PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Thiaguinho-sama

Even if it's not Yuri, someone need to translate her other works, and that oneshot is Bridesmaid or other story?

Other, but unfortunately we can't translate them. They are licensed :( so we don't wanna make trouble for Ratana (because copyrights are in publisher) :(

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 5:48PM

Rsz_uzfg
joined May 24, 2014

SeriWolfy

It is very popular in Thailand (1 500 000+ views on ookbee, it's first manga which reached 1M there I think). And Ratana didn't expect so many fans who will buy her volume. But I think it was obvious because story is great :D

About views, of course it is also connected with us ^///^ (I will "humbly" say). International fans also are giving views

Soumds awesome :D I wish I could read the language... it would make things way easier. I will learn it! Like I learned english just from scratch. (School English is useless) Tell Ratana we love her sooooooooooo much. I could continue this xD
Luv from German fans!

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 5:57PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Thiaguinho-sama

Other, but unfortunately we can't translate them. They are licensed :( so we don't wanna make trouble for Ratana (because copyrights are in publisher) :(

But would it really cause trouble? It's not like they'll lose money, who in here would buy something in thai? And licensed mangas in japan are translated all the time, she didn't ask or said it could be translated, it would be your decision, I want to read it all... (iAi)

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 5:59PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

SeriWolfy

I wish I could read the language...

Me too T_T I'm the only one in the team that have no clue how to read this snake-shifted-letters T_T so I'm the last one who know the plot T_T I'm behind with the story as you guys xD (ok... not so behind because of editor-spoiler-privileges and my intuition which sometimes drives Ratana crazy because I'm guessing future events too often xD)

Tell Ratana we love her sooooooooooo much

You can do this by yourself :D just go to her Facebook :D (or maybe she will read this here, because she's also checking Dynasty :D)

Thiaguinho-sama

But would it really cause trouble? It's not like they'll lose money, who in here would buy something in thai? And licensed mangas in japan are translated all the time, she didn't ask or said it could be translated, it would be your decision, I want to read it all... (iAi)

I know, me too ;^; but I can't help on this. Maybe in future it will change but for now we have Lily Love and one-shots that aren't licensed

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 6:04PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

You can do this by yourself :D just go to her Facebook :D (or maybe she will read this here, because she's also checking Dynasty :D)

W-wait, the creator of something I love possibly read what I said? She knows english? Tell her to create an acount and talk here with us! (b * v * )b

I know, me too ;^; but I can't help on this. Maybe in future it will change but for now we have Lily Love and one-shots that aren't licensed

I sure hope it change, in the near future if possible... (iAi)

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 6:11PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

W-wait, the creator of something I love possibly read what I said? She knows english? Tell her to create an acount and talk here with us! (b * v * )b

Yeah, she knows English (how could I talk to her if I don't know Thai xD? And she doesn't speak Polish either xD).
But... you prefer her to sit here with us and talk or you prefer her to draw new chapters and stories :P Remember that mangaka's work is very time-consuming :P

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Yeah, she knows English (how could I talk to her if I don't know Thai xD? And she doesn't speak Polish either xD).
But... you prefer her to sit here with us and talk or you prefer her to draw new chapters and stories :P Remember that mangaka's work is very time-consuming :P

I forgot about that little detail, being mangaka is suffering... And how luck that you talk with her, I'm really jealous since she wouldn't talk with me, I'm nobody why would she... (T=T)

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

since she wouldn't talk with me, I'm nobody why would she... (T=T)

Did you ever see comments on her facebook? She's very active there and talk to her fans very often :)

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

since she wouldn't talk with me, I'm nobody why would she... (T=T)

Did you ever see comments on her facebook? She's very active there and talk to her fans very often :)

Not really... It's been months since last time I used Facebook, and weeks for email or anything else, just Dynasty on my phone, my depression is a little bad lately so it's been some time since last time I did anything, going to her Facebook is something that I want to do for some time, just didn't have enough will power to do it yet...

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Ah, youth! There she is all "NO, Wait! I must catch that bus!!!"
. . . Lass, she's only going to be gone three days. But you can't tell that to someone who's young and in love. ;)

joined Mar 23, 2013

Ah, youth! There she is all "NO, Wait! I must catch that bus!!!"
. . . Lass, she's only going to be gone three days. But you can't tell that to someone who's young and in love. ;)

Three whole days! That's like a decade for normal folks.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Chiang Mai,Huh?
I would love to go there,if this comic concluded with good ending.

joined Jan 8, 2014
Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

already heart broken and reading this did not made me feel better then again i should've known better

joined Apr 17, 2015

I forgot about that little detail, being mangaka is suffering... And how luck that you talk with her, I'm really jealous since she wouldn't talk with me, I'm nobody why would she... (T=T)

I'm So sorry. if I didn't talk with you. Mayby sometime I'm very busy.
I wish have chance to talk with you again.

sorry for my poor English

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Welp

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

What

To reply you must either login or sign up.