Forum › First Love's Pledge discussion

joined Dec 18, 2014

That was slightly painful.
Not bad, but I didn't really like it.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Is this how to break-up in a mature way or just an idiot couple? I can't tell.

joined Aug 8, 2014

I guess they broke up because they don't want a long distance relationship..

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

Hmm, I can't tell either, Some of their thoughts are kinda mature. And then some of them are kinda....childish?

I like it though, seems refreshing instead of all the angst in yuri.

Tumblr_mzkufvpuyp1sgerido1_500
joined Oct 25, 2014

How unusual Takemiya Jin breaking my heart sarcasm xD
I love it though, I am guilty of charge.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

The story starts with the other chick not knowing she was going to move out
Since they talked a lot about it seems like they both had enough reasons not counting the travel

Grinning_Wolves
Ldd
joined Apr 9, 2014

nope

Dies

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Since they talked a lot about it seems like they both had enough reasons not counting the travel

I think the ex knew she was going to move out, just not when
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/first_loves_pledge#6

"I didn't hear anything about you moving to tokyo today"
And see what the brother is saying the next page

last edited at Jun 13, 2015 3:22PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Despite the conflict feeling somewhat forced it was a solid story.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I think the ex knew she was going to move out, just not when
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/first_loves_pledge#6

"I didn't hear anything about you moving to tokyo today"
And see what the brother is saying the next page

...Shit you're right

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Are these two girls from another story?

Captura%20de%20tela%202023-05-17%20a%cc%80s%2001.22.32
joined Jan 19, 2015

huh....

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Did someone die in Takemiya's family? It's awfully depressing.

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

I- It's not like I expected a happy ending or anything from Takemiya, baka!
Either I've read too much yuri or a lot of stories are starting to feel repetitive..

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

I- It's not like I expected a happy ending or anything from Takemiya, baka!
Either I've read too much yuri or a lot of stories are starting to feel repetitive..

Is it a bad thing to like all this depressing and heart crushing romance?

3z8eb8cxabml0ib3limx
Divulge Scans
joined Dec 29, 2010

As far as we know, they're original to this doujin.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Doubt it. Sometimes her characters tend to look the same.

Tumblr_mqinmkbx2d1rryr50o1_1280
joined Jun 11, 2013

wow.. this one hit right home.

Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

Perhaps I'm feeling unusually optimistic today, but these two seem like they could get back together in the future. They seem like the type who'd start to talk by mail again after some time and joking conversations about not having luck in 'finding happiness'/dating other people would lead to a let's hang out next time I come home to visit, we're totally over each other anyway scenario that could lead to more. It wouldn't even be the first time a couple who were each other's first love and break up get back together in yuri, remember Honey and Mustard? (Juuust in case someone hasn't seen that).

Putting aside the fact that I'm apparently writing a fanfic about them in my head (lol) and that's just a thought that came suddenly..

I thinks this is the best summary of my reaction, to be honest. I'd really like a follow up or omake, though I think this stands well on its own, in a "you can think whatever you want happens after" way. I liked it a lot, as usual when it's Takemiya Jin.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

This seems like one of the more realistic Takemiya drama scenarios, most people aren't into long distance stuff and couples breaking up doesn't always mean they're instantly over each other.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"Breaking up because we're taking different paths.". It's so forced.

Japanese seem to think that living in different places, or even not going to the same university, spells the end of any relationship. What are phones, internet, trains or planes for?

If you're in love enough, you'd want to make your relationship work, no matter what.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Japanese seem to think that living in different places, or even not going to the same university, spells the end of any relationship. What are phones, internet, trains or planes for?

If you're in love enough, you'd want to make your relationship work, no matter what.

In anime, it's kind of a recurrent plot. But in real life - is it the same?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In anime, it's kind of a recurrent plot. But in real life - is it the same?

Long-distance relationships can be hella tough to maintain. My record is three years, and that's with someone I got along with extremely well and was committed to the relationship.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's also a typical japanese mindset. Japanese, by culture, don't make friends as easily as western people. It takes a lot of efforts for them to maintain a long distance relationship.

I read an article, here that states that typically, once you don't have anything in common (job, club, school, city), you are not really friend anymore.

Citing the article :

"The logic runs that in Japan it is awkward, untoward, even rude to extend a relationship beyond its “natural shelf life.” This goes even just for moving to another city in Japan: Consider it normal to lose touch with everyone you leave behind. The thread of camaraderie is that thin in Japan."

It's probably the same to some extent for "simple" love relationships, like dating and such.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm usually one to defend a story like this especially from Takemiya Jin, but even in light of Nya-chan's points this is still a bit hard to suspend belief for. Not so much about the moving on part, since honestly not that many people end up long term with their first love (something Jin's touched on before) but the giving up and walking away part. Especially since there are quite a few yuri stories on the reader where separation is not enough to cause a breakup.

To reply you must either login or sign up.