Forum › Looking for good yuri

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Hello everyone.

I'm kinda starting to get sick of trying to find stories that I actually want to read. If anyone can recommend me a yuri that:

1. Shows couple's life. I don't mind if they don't start as a couple, but I wish to read something that shows how their are doing after getting together.
  2. Is overall focused on slice of life/comedy. I don't mind angst or drama, as long as it's not next forced to break up/love triangle driven drama. I'm tired of those boring cliche. I want to see some real problems.

Mangas off the top of my head, that would be a good examples of what I'm looking for:
Octave
Hanjuku Joshi

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Collectors springs to mind.
Akiko has quite a few oneshots and connected oneshots about couples so you might just wanna look through her stuff on here. This for example is really good, the first I think 3 chapters focus on a couple helping another girl get the girl.

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 6:50PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

My lists are mostly comedy/slice of life stuff, but just to name a few (originals) favs.

Wife and Wife

Sweet Little Devil

The Real Her

Legally Married Yuri Couple

LOVE/DEATH

And ofc, the best:

Yuri Mekuru Hibi

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 6:56PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

OriginalGengar: Thanks for trying, but I read most of Akiko's works and Collectors is on my radar D:

flips: Thanks, but I read all of them XD"

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Kase-san
Poor Poor Lips

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 7:02PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Read Kase-san and Poor Lips didn't quite click with me, but I might give it a second chance. Damn it seems my fears are coming true. I already read all good yuri T__T

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Most of Gokujo Drops take place after they've become a couple, and it's comedy to boot.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Most yuris does indeed end right when they become a couple so i'm having trouble remembering some
Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink by Morinaga Milk does come to mind though, however it is licensed so you won't get to read it here

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Mugen no Minamo ni - Horror/drama but happy end
Love Flag Girls
Torotoro Himeawase
Michiwarikusa Monogatari: Vampire After the Doomsday - Only one chapter translated but there are a total of 7 released so far.
Cross Heart

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 7:28PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

hey! this is exactly my issue with yuri now lmao I've gotten so tired of the same formulas (cliches) over and over and over that it's like come on!! give me something different it!! As well as I hate that about 80% of them end right after they JUST finally got together after ALL THE DRAMA AND ANGST THEY PUT US THROUGH to only end it there!!. It's like COME ON!! what about after they get together?! If anything the real challenge starts NOW!! having to now live with the fact that they have to pay attention to another person's feelings, not just their own. having to come in terms with their real personalities (since after all now is when you actually get to know them!). What about the problems of thinking about the future?! Then we go to the good parts like getting even more closer to eachother than ever before. Getting to the point where you know your partner like the back of your hands!! Even having fights is ok sometimes!! doing cute couple things!! moving in together if they are adult!! Hey I wouldn't even mind having some drama in terms of jealousy with your partner you for herself! Sometimes its cute in couples (AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T GO OVER BOARD LOL). Family! Getting some family back story!! How they get along with each others family ...sigh so much material and yet we barely see any of this happen..

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 7:56PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Nevri

Collectors is on my radar D:

Probably should jump right on this one. To me it's currently the pinnacle of non-school girl yuri with the couple long past the get together thing (told in some flashbacks).

And the only one that wasn't mentioned that I can think of is 20-Year-Old Girl x 30-Year-Old Maiden but chances are you have already read that one.

Ushio

hey! this is exactly my issue with yuri now lmao I've gotten so tired of the same formulas (cliches) over and over and over that it's like come on!! give me something different it!! As well as I hate that about 80% of them end right after they JUST finally got together after ALL THE DRAMA AND ANGST THEY PUT US THROUGH to only end it there!!. It's like COME ON!! what about after they get together?! If anything the real challenge starts NOW!! having to now live with the fact that they have to pay attention to another person's feelings, not just their own. having to come in terms with their real personalities (since after all now is when you actually get to know them!). What about the problems of thinking about the future?! Then we go to the good parts like getting even more closer to eachother than ever before. Getting to the point where you know your partner like the back of your hands!! Even having fights is ok sometimes!! doing cute couple things!! moving in together if they are adult!! Hey I wouldn't even mind having some drama in terms of jealousy with your partner wanting only for yourself. Sometimes its cute in couples (AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T GO OVER BOARD LOL). sigh

This has been a longstanding complaint around here and especially with me as well lol...

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 7:56PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

OriginalGengar: Thanks for trying, but I read most of Akiko's works and Collectors is on my radar D:

Well, recommend taking a look at my lists, I mostly the easy-going slice of life comedy yuri in there.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan

Most of Gokujo Drops take place after they've become a couple, and it's comedy to boot.

Finally, something I didn't read yet xD

Kyonne

Most yuris does indeed end right when they become a couple so i'm having trouble remembering some
Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry-Blossom Pink by Morinaga Milk does come to mind though, however it is licensed so you won't get to read it here

I know right ;/
I remember reading at least 1 oneshot from it. I'd have to check if I read rest.

SaxonSun

Mugen no Minamo ni - Horror/drama but happy end
Love Flag Girls
Torotoro Himeawase
Michiwarikusa Monogatari: Vampire After the Doomsday - Only one chapter translated but there are a total of 7 released so far.
Cross Heart

Only didn't read Love Flag from those, but thanks anyway XD

flips

Well, recommend taking a look at my lists, I mostly the easy-going slice of life comedy yuri in there.

Yea, I'll probably do so.

Random Reader

Nevri

Collectors is on my radar D:

Probably should jump right on this one. To me it's currently the pinnacle of non-school girl yuri with the couple long past the get together thing (told in some flashbacks).

And the only one that wasn't mentioned that I can think of is 20-Year-Old Girl x 30-Year-Old Maiden but chances are you have already read that one.

Ushio

hey! this is exactly my issue with yuri now lmao I've gotten so tired of the same formulas (cliches) over and over and over that it's like come on!! give me something different it!! As well as I hate that about 80% of them end right after they JUST finally got together after ALL THE DRAMA AND ANGST THEY PUT US THROUGH to only end it there!!. It's like COME ON!! what about after they get together?! If anything the real challenge starts NOW!! having to now live with the fact that they have to pay attention to another person's feelings, not just their own. having to come in terms with their real personalities (since after all now is when you actually get to know them!). What about the problems of thinking about the future?! Then we go to the good parts like getting even more closer to eachother than ever before. Getting to the point where you know your partner like the back of your hands!! Even having fights is ok sometimes!! doing cute couple things!! moving in together if they are adult!! Hey I wouldn't even mind having some drama in terms of jealousy with your partner wanting only for yourself. Sometimes its cute in couples (AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T GO OVER BOARD LOL). sigh

This has been a longstanding complaint around here and especially with me as well lol...

Yea, I read it already ^ ^"

About not much different yuri to choose from. That is exactly the reason I started to coming up with my own stories xD. So far I have solid material for one really long series (over 30 chapters at least), one 4 chapters short series, 12 oneshots and ideas for 4 other longer series, but they still need a lot of work. Honestly, currently all I need for them to become real is to learn how to draw at any acceptable level. If you guys are interested in that, I can give you some plot summary examples.

Anyway, thank you all for your responds <3

last edited at Jun 8, 2015 7:52AM

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

Nevri

Ah that is easy, Fluttering Feelings, and nothing but Fluttering Feelings. That matches all the things you want.

Hello everyone.

I'm kinda starting to get sick of trying to find stories that I actually want to read. If anyone can recommend me a yuri that:

1. Shows couple's life. I don't mind if they don't start as a couple, but I wish to read something that shows how their are doing after getting together.
  2. Is overall focused on slice of life/comedy. I don't mind angst or drama, as long as it's not next forced to break up/love triangle driven drama. I'm tired of those boring cliche. I want to see some real problems.

Mangas off the top of my head, that would be a good examples of what I'm looking for:
Octave
Hanjuku Joshi

joined Jan 30, 2013

Nevri

Ah that is easy, Fluttering Feelings, and nothing but Fluttering Feelings. That matches all the things you want.

Hello everyone.

Octave
Hanjuku Joshi

It really doesn't.

edit: ninja'd
edit2: and now that post is gone. Am I hallucinating?

last edited at Jun 8, 2015 8:01AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well I'm reading it already and starting to get sick off it. They aren't even a couple yet >.> (didn't read 37 yet, but still) It started really well and I don't mind slow build up, but common =.=

Nevri

Hello everyone.

Octave
Hanjuku Joshi

It really doesn't.

Ha ha, so true xD

EDIT/ Nah, It was just fitting to delete it and repost after I saw your post ;P

last edited at Jun 8, 2015 8:02AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'd be kinda weird if yiou haven't read them already but I guess Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto kinda fit? The Princess's Mirror even though it's half fake and Girlfriends too, I guess.Haven't read Aoi Hana for a while so I don't know how long they are actually in a relationship until the manga ends but I think it was like one vokume in Girlfriends and one or two volumes in Sasameki Koto.

Also
some
of the
Shuninta
oneshots

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I know right ;/
I remember reading at least 1 oneshot from it. I'd have to check if I read rest.

I barely remember the other oneshots from it, but there's a main couple in that book that gets more chapters and later on they got their own book with the same name if i'm not mistaken, they get together in the first chapter and the story keeps going from there

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I recommend Girl x Girl x Boy

It has a quite satisfying ending and for once, the male character is a decent person.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Ohana Holo Holo is one of my faves, partly because they're not a typical romantic couple.

I suggest starting with a search through Adult life groupings and one-shots.

Really though, with those requirements, I can't think of anything that tops the afore-mentioned Collectors.

To reply you must either login or sign up.