Forum › Hibike! Euphonium *Spoilers* Discussion

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

How many posts before proof that yuri is dead again?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

The only ones who created fanwank and distorted the histori were fans of yuri even those who destroyed Cross Ange.

Anyone being reminded of somebody?

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

This gave me hope again:
http://sibylla-circle.tumblr.com/post/120558691446/what-do-you-think-about-the-hints-given-in-hibike

seol-rae0korrasami0reimiko is giving me hope my steelheart ....NO I wont bring my defense down again!! it will remain shut... But I agree a hundred percent in what she/he said ;.;
thank you for the link

last edited at Jun 2, 2015 6:53PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

@OriginalGengar

I'd recommend forgetting about those MAL forums you are in, even with the language barrier, that user ur talking to is quite clearly a moron. Claims that sexual orientation of a female MC being lesbian = generic (that.. makes no sense...), As if that is the only determining characteristics of a character.

I cringed at the sheer relentless stupidity, now I remember why I quit that site.

last edited at Jun 2, 2015 8:07PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Haha, yeah, their last answer made me give up anyway.
It was pretty much the first time I used the forum outside the yuri group I'm in but I sure won't do that mistake again.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This gave me hope again:
http://sibylla-circle.tumblr.com/post/120558691446/what-do-you-think-about-the-hints-given-in-hibike

Thank you, so much. I haven't even watched the episode yet, and I was kinda scared to do so after reading the comments but now I feel more secure.

What is the MAL thing you guys are talking about anyways?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Gengar was speaking to idiots on the forum for the latest episode on My Anime List.

I just went to that, and listing Maria Holic? Seriously? Just... no... no...

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Gengar was speaking to idiots on the forum for the latest episode on My Anime List.

I just went to that, and listing Maria Holic? Seriously? Just... no... no...

Listing Maria Holic as what, a yuri anime? Because that's some kind of screwed up right there...

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Listing Maria Holic as what, a yuri anime? Because that's some kind of screwed up right there...

Yeah, it wasn't even funny enough to stop me being sad at remembering it was a thing.

Didn't the manga end recently? Does anyone know how? Usually I consider this harsh, but please someone reassure me that the sadistic prick of a cross dresser dies.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I mean, he probably got a happy end with the lesbian, right?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

It's sad, but so very true.

Now look what you've made me do, a Metallica reference! ugh, pure evil.

You know I once read a doujinshi where he was raped, and usually I find that disgusting and everything, but there, it just filled me with a sense of deep satisfaction. How can you write someone that horrible?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

It's sad, but so very true.

Are you sure? From what I searched they didn't end up together, I didn't find much details at that time, but what I know is that he and his twin sister don't have to crossdress anymore and that they switch places permanently, so his sister becomes Kanako roomate and I think it also implied that maybe something will happen between them.

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 1:10AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Are you sure? From what I searched they didn't end up together, I didn't find much details at that time, but what I know is that he and his twin sister don't have to crossdress anymore and that they switch places permanently, so his sister becomes Kanako roomate and I think it also implied that maybe something will happen between them.

True referred to probably, I've no way of knowing. This ending will be leaps and bounds above my expectations, but the last couple of volumes would have to do a lot in order to make me think of the series as anything other than tripe. Hated what I read. Still hate that abusive twat as well, regardless of however the author tries to redeem him in our eyes.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

True referred to probably, I've no way of knowing. This ending will be leaps and bounds above my expectations, but the last couple of volumes would have to do a lot in order to make me think of the series as anything other than tripe. Hated what I read. Still hate that abusive twat as well, regardless of however the author tries to redeem him in our eyes.

You know anyone that knows japanese? I have link for the last chapters somewhere if you want them.

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 1:21AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

You know anyone that knows japanese? I have link for the last chapters somewhere if you want them.

No, but I have Google translate and huge tedium who can do it for me. for the sake of yuri, I will fanfic this right. (there may be character death, torture and unspeakable things done by Satan.)

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Holy shit, an actual yuri (maybe?) ending to Maria Holic? That's something I don't think anyone was expecting...
Did Kanako ever have any chemistry with the sister in the series? I've never actually seen it, only heard of it.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

No, but I have Google translate and huge tedium who can do it for me. for the sake of yuri, I will fanfic this right. (there may be character death, torture and unspeakable things done by Satan.)

Tomorrow I'll give it to you, not good enough lately for pc so I'm using my phone...

Holy shit, an actual yuri (maybe?) ending to Maria Holic? That's something I don't think anyone was expecting...
Did Kanako ever have any chemistry with the sister in the series? I've never actually seen it, only heard of it.

I don't know, only 6 volumes translateded, ended at 14 I think, enough time for something to happen, and in the manga Maria is not so bad, still a jerk, but in the anime from what I remember they made him worse for the sake of comedy...

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 1:32AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Just dropped by to say: good luck everyone, I'm not following the series but considering how ep 8 exploded in the internet as a yuri-fan it was impossible for me to not find out what the hype is about(watched the whole scene). So hang in there guys...

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

The only thing we can do now is hope and pray for the a yuri end, for the light at the end of the tunnel to be a warm and fuzzy paradise as opposed to the fires of hell, for the dangling carrot to be sweet and nutritious rather than spoiled and poisoned.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

@OriginalGengar

I'd recommend forgetting about those MAL forums you are in, even with the language barrier, that user ur talking to is quite clearly a moron. Claims that sexual orientation of a female MC being lesbian = generic (that.. makes no sense...), As if that is the only determining characteristics of a character.

I cringed at the sheer relentless stupidity, now I remember why I quit that site.

I never understood MaL as a forum site. It's better as a review congregator. Which it's...okay at. Better than most others like, say, Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. Since about 2/5 of critics actually don't know what they're talking about and seem to forget that entertainment's first priority is to, ya know, entertain. But I digress.

AND in regards to the translation...

As far as I've heard from my friend's friend the last couple episodes have started deviating from the novels. I don't know anymore if he's just baiting me into it or not but I hope for the best.

He also stands firm that the novel is still ongoing because there has been no official announcement of it ending. And if one considers the fact that KyoAni had to review and talk over the show with the author ahead of time (for legal copyright purposes...remember Shirobako), the fact remains that there is clear headway toward yuri in the anime. So whether the two entities decided the anime take the yuri route while the novel takes the het route, or the author let slip that the novel is gonna become yuri in the future and the anime uses that to its advantage or w/e, I think it's not time to lose hope.

Of course KyoAni could theoretically make an uncharacteristic and idiotic move. I don't think so yet, especially considering how apathetic Kumiko was about Shuuichi this last episode. Plus, Shuuichi has done literally nothing to mend their relationship which he broke in any way, shape, or form. I don't think Kumiko's the type to just let that go and pretend it didn't happen.

She has a terrible personality after all.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

She has a terrible personality after all.

<3

joined Aug 4, 2014

Re: MariaHolic

I bought the final volume.

-No Mariya and Kanako don't end up together
-Kanako doesn't end up with anyone either
-The last scene is her receiving a Christmas present from Mariya and Matsurika
-Kanako tries to hit on Shizou one last time, but Shizou runs away (lol)

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Re: MariaHolic

I bought the final volume.

-No Mariya and Kanako don't end up together
-Kanako doesn't end up with anyone either
-The last scene is her receiving a Christmas present from Mariya and Matsurika
-Kanako tries to hit on Shizou one last time, but Shizou runs away (lol)

In jap or eng? From what I remember it was not licensed anymore, and you know anything about the spin-off?

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 2:20AM

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

Is this thread alive because I just found hibike, binge watched it, and now I want to gush about it

To reply you must either login or sign up.